• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1931 atalanta

atalanta
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I'm in Montreal! Bonjour!

Originally Posted by joda 

Hi ladies! Just thought I would pop in and say hello. Anyone else in Montreal around here? Or having a wedding at the Now Sapphire?

#1932 Butterfly67

Butterfly67
    • Site Supporter
    • 77 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

How wonderful!!!! 

#1933 Butterfly67

Butterfly67
      • Site Supporter
      • 77 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Okay, the above post was for Mizpriya for finding her dress...not sure why the quote didn't show, and I can't seem to find a delete option...lol

#1934 Manda123

Manda123
        • 380 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

I was just married in Mexico, and I can say that I felt quite safe. We left the resort a few times - visited the Tulum ruins and a club in Playa Del Carmen. I think that people are really over-reacting about the violence. People can get hurt anywhere; travellers just need to be sure they are vigilent. Use common sense and you will be fine. It is really a shame that some people can be so close-minded. It is often the people who have never been to Mexico that are making these comments, too. I had a "discussion" with a few girls at work about this on Friday. They were really quite rude and said that they would NEVER travel to Mexico and how they couldn't understand why people would go there, considering the violence. I was pretty insulted by this - felt it was an attack on my own judgement for planning a wedding there and bringing with me 70 of my families and friends. So ignorant! The Mexicans I met were some of the sweetest people I've ever met - I would hate to think that their livlihood might be threatened by a lack of tourism that may result from the negative PR. 

Thanks for sharing the article. 

Originally Posted by Bree82 

I'm in as well! I'm getting married (hopefully) Feb 20th, 2013 in Playa Del Carmen.

I have one question for all you girls though. Have any of your guests expressed concern going to Mexico considering all the violence that has occurred against Canadians in last little while? I know they haven't happened in this part of the country, but there have been many targeted attacks on tourists, and I don't want this location to dissuade anyone from RSVPing.

Send me your thoughts. 

Thanks,

Breanne

Originally Posted by aquamaniac 

Thanks for posting this article, I feel the same way. We're getting married in Mexico this May, and none of our guests have had any issues with the destination. We've traveled to Mexico before, and many other places in the world; and as long as you are a smart traveller nothing horrific should happen. Usually media likes to blow these rare events out of proportion, and often we do not know the full details that led to such events. And yes, there are cities in Canada that can be more dangerous then cities in Mexico. Considering how many thousands of tourists flock to Mexico annually, and although the events are tragic, the numbers are not that alarming.

#1935 bride6262

bride6262
          • 582 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

my fiance picked up his wedding band today!!! it is a little big so i think we are going ot have to reorder it in a smaller size but it makes me happy cause it means that the times is coming!!!

the bad news is i had another photog fall thru..... i was in the midst of workign out the details with stacey clarke when she informed me that her assistant had booked a wedding on the day i wanted.....i have no luck at all.... i feel like i am never going to find one

#1936 Pappy

Pappy
            • 176 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi ladies! Just wanted to say hello to my fellow Canadian brides. I'm from Toronto! 

#1937 luvmoo

luvmoo
              • 503 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

You will find someone Krysta!!!! :) Can you list on here who you have contacted so far ? so we can look for some other names for you on who to contact etc...  i will do what i can to help too!!! you will find someone..

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

my fiance picked up his wedding band today!!! it is a little big so i think we are going ot have to reorder it in a smaller size but it makes me happy cause it means that the times is coming!!!

the bad news is i had another photog fall thru..... i was in the midst of workign out the details with stacey clarke when she informed me that her assistant had booked a wedding on the day i wanted.....i have no luck at all.... i feel like i am never going to find one

#1938 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
                • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Just remember everything happens for a reason!  And you will find an amazing photographer!

#1939 Rosieanne

Rosieanne
                  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Anyone here from the London area?  Leaving for Dominican out of Toronto, Gran Bahia Punta Cana Esmeralda Feb 11th, 2012.  Were getting married Feb 16th at 4pm.  It's approaching fast!  

#1940 kat2012

kat2012
                    • 602 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:44 AM

That is so upsetting, but as someone said, everything happens for a reason. You will find amazing photographer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users