Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1751 Sjay

Sjay
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

I realize there won't be much specific to a DW, but I'm looking for stationary and decor ideas, and I'll likely check out the fashion show too.

I haven't even thought about our AHR yet...probably won't even plan that until post-wedding. :)

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie 

We're thinking about going on Sunday. I should warn you, they don't have much for destination weddings...travel agents and gift registries is about it. Only reason we're going again is for our at home reception. 

#1752 seattlebrew

seattlebrew
    • 34 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thank you!  I will definitely try David's Bridal.  Wish me luck! 

#1753 beachbum21

beachbum21
      • 438 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

You may also want to try something like The Bay, I saw some there a while ago, or maybe something like la senza??

Originally Posted by seattlebrew 

Thank you!  I will definitely try David's Bridal.  Wish me luck! 

#1754 Kim Deslippe

Kim Deslippe
        • 85 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

Thanks ladies,

So cool, it's amazing how this internet thing brings brides from around the world together and then some are right next door...lol!

My FI is from Wyoming, Ontario (his family still lives there) which isn't that far from Sarnia.

Still haven't made it through all the posts on this thread yet, but so far it's been interesting and I'll be sure not too beg for anyone's templates...haha.

I'm attempting to do a lot of DIY projects, so far I've designed my own STD and invites (if you look you can find templates on-line for free), just waiting for my paper to get here from paper and more so I can get the STD printed and send out.

Trying to make the big decision on bouquets and bouts right know, I wanted to do something different, like use shells for the bouts but my FI doesn't care for it and I don't want to spend a crazy amount of $ on flowers that won't really last to be brought home.  I've looked into using real touch but they are pretty pricy too.  Thinking that I may used fans or parasols for the girls.

I attempted to make my own wedding hanger yesterday, and I must say that it didn't turn out too bad.  I really liked the idea of them but didn't want to spend $25-30 on it, so I spent $1.50 on 2 hangers at Dollarama and $6.50 on 100 ft of wire at Lowes and it only took a little more then an hour.  I could do one for each of my BM (3) for less then $20, love it when I can save money.

Can't wait to finish reading everyone's posts.  I love seeing and reading about everyone's ideas and experiences, it makes me look forward to my day more and more, but it is still so very far off :(

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

Hello and Welcome!! I actually lived in windsor for 8 years!! i am from sarnia originally and moved there for school! i have alot of friends from windsor and surrounding area and my FI is born and raised from windsor!

Originally Posted by kat2012 

My husband was born in Sarnia and lived there till he was 9 years old

#1755 beachbum21

beachbum21
          • 438 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

Welcome Kim!

Wanted to mention that for the bouquets,  I too am torn and am focused on figuring out flowers now. Not sure if I should get real or real-touch. I haven't seen super reviews on the real flowers so far for where I'm going but have seen some really great reviews on bloom bridal for the real-touch. While a little on the pricey side, you can re-sell them! I don't think I'll want to keep them, they'll probably just collect dust but I could absolutely re-sell them and someone else could enjoy them! Just a thought!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

Thanks ladies,

So cool, it's amazing how this internet thing brings brides from around the world together and then some are right next door...lol!

My FI is from Wyoming, Ontario (his family still lives there) which isn't that far from Sarnia.

Still haven't made it through all the posts on this thread yet, but so far it's been interesting and I'll be sure not too beg for anyone's templates...haha.

I'm attempting to do a lot of DIY projects, so far I've designed my own STD and invites (if you look you can find templates on-line for free), just waiting for my paper to get here from paper and more so I can get the STD printed and send out.

Trying to make the big decision on bouquets and bouts right know, I wanted to do something different, like use shells for the bouts but my FI doesn't care for it and I don't want to spend a crazy amount of $ on flowers that won't really last to be brought home.  I've looked into using real touch but they are pretty pricy too.  Thinking that I may used fans or parasols for the girls.

I attempted to make my own wedding hanger yesterday, and I must say that it didn't turn out too bad.  I really liked the idea of them but didn't want to spend $25-30 on it, so I spent $1.50 on 2 hangers at Dollarama and $6.50 on 100 ft of wire at Lowes and it only took a little more then an hour.  I could do one for each of my BM (3) for less then $20, love it when I can save money.

Can't wait to finish reading everyone's posts.  I love seeing and reading about everyone's ideas and experiences, it makes me look forward to my day more and more, but it is still so very far off :(

#1756 Brandie28

Brandie28
            • 40 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yes! I am in as well!

Thanks for starting this :)

#1757 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Oh! Can you post pictures? I think that might be my next DIY project....

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe 

Thanks ladies,

#1758 philanab

philanab
                • 178 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I was also born and raised in Sarnia, went to university in Windsor....now live in London! Anyone going to the Bridal Expo in London this weekend??? I might be able to get my hands on a 5$ ticket.

#1759 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                  • Vendor
                  • 183 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi Ladies!

Will any of you be attending The Wedding Co. at The Carlu next weekend? We will have a booth set up there, come and say hello and pick up our Destination Weddings magazine!

#1760 mizpriya

mizpriya
                    • 268 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Has any Canadian bride used or are in works with a Travel Agent from Beach Bum Vacations or Weddings by Oceans? I wanted to hear your reviews. Please and thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users