Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1601 bride6262

bride6262
  • Member
  • 582 posts

    Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:49 PM


    hey!! i just moved to kingston!

     

    welcome to the canadian thread and congrats on the engagement!! I am getting married at the Rui Ocho Rios on April 19th!

     

    from what i know you have to pay to have it translated...soemtimes they offer that as part of the cost through the hotel so i would ask them first and if not then get it done here.

     

    happy planning!

    Originally Posted by Honeylime 

    Hi,

     

    I'm new to this thread. I live in Kingston, Ontario and I'm getting married on Apr 23, 2012 at the Royal Cancun in Mexico.

     

    Regarding the matter of having your wedding legally recognized in Canada after coming back home, what do I need to know?

    Will the marriage certificate issued in Mexico be enough for me to register for a marriage certificate here? And since the marriage certificate will be in Spanish, do I get that document translated here or should I have that done in Mexico? And I won't need to register for a marriage license in order to be married in Mexico, right? I already know that both the bride and groom must pass a blood test before they can be legally married in Mexico.

     

    I hope you ladies can help me clarify my confusion. Many thanks!

     



     



    #1602 hatfiehm

    hatfiehm
    • Jr. Member
    • 270 posts

      Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

      Yay more April brides! Picked up my dress yesterday from davids bridal!! So exciting!! Now to find shirts for the boys. I'm hoping Tommy bahama at Vaughn mills will have some nice ones. Anyone have any suggestions of where to find beachy shirts in the winter?

      Holly


      #1603 luvmoo

      luvmoo
      • Member
      • 503 posts

        Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:05 PM


        We ordered ours from Cubavera.com  and they are really nice!!!  :) they have all varieties... sizes, and prices.. so it is easy to find something for everyone there... 

         

        Good Luck!

        Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

        Yay more April brides! Picked up my dress yesterday from davids bridal!! So exciting!! Now to find shirts for the boys. I'm hoping Tommy bahama at Vaughn mills will have some nice ones. Anyone have any suggestions of where to find beachy shirts in the winter?


         



        #1604 belledame

        belledame
        • Jr. Member
        • 195 posts

          Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

          Hello ladies!

           

          Quick question.... besides David's Bridal, Le Chateau, etc., is there any other great stores or sites to order brides maid dresses from?



          #1605 MJKH

          MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

            Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

            I called "vital statistics" here in Saskatchewan about this...I was told if you marriage is legally conducted in the country you choose, they consider you legally married.  We're getting married in the Mayan Riviera and neither of us have been married before.  The day after we arrive, we meet with the wedding planner and our 4 witnesses to get the paperwork process started and do our bloodwork (keep in mind, we are doing a legal ceremony in Mexico, not just a symbolic ceremony)...the WP takes care of getting the paperwork to the right office and making sure it's back to the resort in time for the wedding three days later.  

             

            The lady in vital statistics here said that they don't need the certificate translated, but if/when I want to change my last name and identification, those agencies MAY need the certificate translated.  She suggested I contact places like my bank, the passport office, a driver's license issuer, etc. to find out exactly what they need to proceed with name changes.  I likely won't be changing my name so I haven't really looked into it further.
             

            Originally Posted by Honeylime 

            Hi,

             

            I'm new to this thread. I live in Kingston, Ontario and I'm getting married on Apr 23, 2012 at the Royal Cancun in Mexico.

             

            Regarding the matter of having your wedding legally recognized in Canada after coming back home, what do I need to know?

            Will the marriage certificate issued in Mexico be enough for me to register for a marriage certificate here? And since the marriage certificate will be in Spanish, do I get that document translated here or should I have that done in Mexico? And I won't need to register for a marriage license in order to be married in Mexico, right? I already know that both the bride and groom must pass a blood test before they can be legally married in Mexico.

             

            I hope you ladies can help me clarify my confusion. Many thanks!

             



             



            #1606 J and G 2012

            J and G 2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 423 posts

              Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

              I picked up FI plan B from Tommy's. They had an okay selection of short sleved shirts, but not much if you are planning on having them wear long sleve, plus they are super expensive!

               

              Lots of couples on here have had great luck with studiosuits.com, that where we ordered Plan A from!
               

              Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

              Yay more April brides! Picked up my dress yesterday from davids bridal!! So exciting!! Now to find shirts for the boys. I'm hoping Tommy bahama at Vaughn mills will have some nice ones. Anyone have any suggestions of where to find beachy shirts in the winter?


               



              #1607 Honeylime

              Honeylime
              • Newbie
              • 28 posts

                Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

                welcome to Kingston, Krista lee ann =)

                Our wedding day is only 4 days apart. I get so excited whenever I wake up to a sunny day here cuz I'm imagining a sunny day at my destination.

                 

                 

                MJKH, thanks for posting what you found out regarding name changes. I haven't decided yet whether I'll be changing mine.



                #1608 Cateyedcutie

                Cateyedcutie
                • Jr. Member
                • 159 posts

                  Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

                  Quote:

                  Originally Posted by belledame 

                  Hello ladies!

                   

                  Quick question.... besides David's Bridal, Le Chateau, etc., is there any other great stores or sites to order brides maid dresses from?



                  I'm not sure what style you are going for, but I found this great Canadian company that makes long and short styled infinity dresses in a variety of colours. Its where I'll be ordering my bm dresses from http://www.henkaa.com/



                  #1609 luvmoo

                  luvmoo
                  • Member
                  • 503 posts

                    Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

                    There is a place online called Henkaa . com... it is a really pretty convertable dress... there is only one dress on the website, however it is one that you can convert to several different dresses... nice site!! ad a friend of mine used these dresses her for wedding and they were perfect!!!! 

                     

                    i had already boughten my bridesmaid dresses from Davids bridal before she told me about this site, otherwise i think this is where i would have gone.. :)

                     

                    good luck!



                    #1610 J and G 2012

                    J and G 2012
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 423 posts

                      Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

                      My girls ordered the multiway dresses from Victoria's Secret.

                       

                      Originally Posted by belledame 

                      Hello ladies!

                       

                      Quick question.... besides David's Bridal, Le Chateau, etc., is there any other great stores or sites to order brides maid dresses from?



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users