Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1511 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

    Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

    Oh wow...every time one of you posts a message like this, my first thought is "another one bites the dust"...heehee! ; )  And my turn is coming...two months from today is our wedding day!

     

    Seriously though, have a fantastic holiday and a beautiful wedding...we will be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear/see how everything went!

     

    Originally Posted by MichCraw 

    So here is my last post before I head off tomorrow morning to Punta Cana, thank you for those that took the time to help me out, and those that took the time to respond to my many different questions. You've been very helpful and I will be sure to post when I get back from the honeymoon. Think good thoughts for good weather on the 7th of December, I would really love for it to be a sunny beautiful day! I'm so excited!!!



     



    #1512 kat2012

    kat2012
    • Member
    • 602 posts

      Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

      Haha I love you comment about "another one bites the dust"! Too funny, but true lol
       

      Originally Posted by MJKH 

      Oh wow...every time one of you posts a message like this, my first thought is "another one bites the dust"...heehee! ; )  And my turn is coming...two months from today is our wedding day!

       

      Seriously though, have a fantastic holiday and a beautiful wedding...we will be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear/see how everything went!

       



       



       



      #1513 AD2012

      AD2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 240 posts

        Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

        Congrats! Hope you have a FABULOUS time! Can't wait to hear all about it!
         

        Originally Posted by MichCraw 

        So here is my last post before I head off tomorrow morning to Punta Cana, thank you for those that took the time to help me out, and those that took the time to respond to my many different questions. You've been very helpful and I will be sure to post when I get back from the honeymoon. Think good thoughts for good weather on the 7th of December, I would really love for it to be a sunny beautiful day! I'm so excited!!!



         



        #1514 MJKH

        MJKH
        • Site Supporter
        • 654 posts

          Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

          Girls, I need some help...

           

          I'm just in the process of sorting and organizing wedding stuff...and I already have a stack of stuff to sell that I won't be using.  I'm thinking I'll start local and put stuff up on Kijiji.  But if I put stuff up for sale on BDW, what is the easiest way to move funds from buyer to seller here in Canada.  I don't want to do anything where there would be additional costs for me or the buyer.  I would just like to recoup my $ + shipping costs.



          #1515 canadiangirl

          canadiangirl
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,252 posts

            Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:47 PM


            k so if you have anything OOT IM IN IM IN IM IN lol

             

            but to be honest, the best way is to do e-transfers, its a transfer to your account through your email address....i do them all the time way better than pay pal for us canadians. BUT SERIOUS what do you have? PM me with your list lmao

            Originally Posted by MJKH 

            Girls, I need some help...

             

            I'm just in the process of sorting and organizing wedding stuff...and I already have a stack of stuff to sell that I won't be using.  I'm thinking I'll start local and put stuff up on Kijiji.  But if I put stuff up for sale on BDW, what is the easiest way to move funds from buyer to seller here in Canada.  I don't want to do anything where there would be additional costs for me or the buyer.  I would just like to recoup my $ + shipping costs.



             


            Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


            #1516 MJKH

            MJKH
            • Site Supporter
            • 654 posts

              Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

              Ok ok...I'll keep working on stuff here and post some pics and a list by the end of the night.  Are you in Regina?  I could very easily get stuff to you my dear! ; )
               

              Originally Posted by canadiangirl 


              k so if you have anything OOT IM IN IM IN IM IN lol

               

              but to be honest, the best way is to do e-transfers, its a transfer to your account through your email address....i do them all the time way better than pay pal for us canadians. BUT SERIOUS what do you have? PM me with your list lmao



               



               



              #1517 canadiangirl

              canadiangirl
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,252 posts

                Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:08 PM


                im not, im back in london ontario however the FI is still out there!! where are you?

                Originally Posted by MJKH 

                Ok ok...I'll keep working on stuff here and post some pics and a list by the end of the night.  Are you in Regina?  I could very easily get stuff to you my dear! ; )
                 



                 



                 


                Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


                #1518 MJKH

                MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

                  Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:11 PM


                  In Saskatoon...p.s., this whole paying thru your e-mail address is totally foreign to me...would I set that up with my bank (TD)?

                  Originally Posted by canadiangirl 


                  k so if you have anything OOT IM IN IM IN IM IN lol

                   

                  but to be honest, the best way is to do e-transfers, its a transfer to your account through your email address....i do them all the time way better than pay pal for us canadians. BUT SERIOUS what do you have? PM me with your list lmao



                   



                   



                  Originally Posted by canadiangirl 


                  im not, im back in london ontario however the FI is still out there!! where are you?



                   



                   



                  #1519 amjohnson

                  amjohnson
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:40 PM


                    Hi Kristina,

                    We are getting married in the Mayan in January and there are only going to be 13 of us in total. We aren't getting a DJ for the same reason. What we are doing is having a cocktail reception at 5:30, our wedding is at 4:00 (photos right after) Dinner at 6:00 or 6:30. We have a mariachi band included in our package so we are going to get them to come to the beginning of our dinner. We are going to have maracas at each place setting so I am hoping everyone gets up and dances a bit to the music. After dinner, we are going to check out the disco...if it isn't happening i know there is a piano bar at the resort so we may just end the night there. We put together a good pre wedding package if info for the resort and area that I will soon post on here with photos. But I would be happy to share it with you. Secrets resorts and Dreams resorts are owned by the same company and we stayed right by the Secrets Capri I think two years ago. It was a gorgeous resort. I am sure your resort will be amazing! We are getting married at Dreams tulum.

                    Originally Posted by kristinalilly 

                    Hey all new brides/brides to be. Seems like you guys have some great ideas and it's nice to get advice from other Canadians!
                    I'm getting married in Mexico next summer and am now starting to think about details. We're having a smaller wedding as people are traveling from Australia to attend. There are only 13 people plus my fiance and I and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar sized wedding and could offer me some tips.
                    We're planning on doing the cocktail hour and dinner reception, but it seems silly to get a dj for just 15 people. Any advice on balancing a small group, but still having it feel like a wedding would be appreciated!



                     



                    #1520 amjohnson

                    amjohnson
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 340 posts

                      Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

                      Kristina,

                      I forgot to mention that we're bringing our laptop and speakers so we can play music at dinner, (our reception is poolside) and we are allowed music.

                      We are going to have a first dance and possibly a couple others but I heard from past DT brides that you don't need to book a dance floor for a little

                      dancing. They charge you 750$ for the dance floor! Hope this helps.
                       

                      Originally Posted by amjohnson 


                      Hi Kristina,

                      We are getting married in the Mayan in January and there are only going to be 13 of us in total. We aren't getting a DJ for the same reason. What we are doing is having a cocktail reception at 5:30, our wedding is at 4:00 (photos right after) Dinner at 6:00 or 6:30. We have a mariachi band included in our package so we are going to get them to come to the beginning of our dinner. We are going to have maracas at each place setting so I am hoping everyone gets up and dances a bit to the music. After dinner, we are going to check out the disco...if it isn't happening i know there is a piano bar at the resort so we may just end the night there. We put together a good pre wedding package if info for the resort and area that I will soon post on here with photos. But I would be happy to share it with you. Secrets resorts and Dreams resorts are owned by the same company and we stayed right by the Secrets Capri I think two years ago. It was a gorgeous resort. I am sure your resort will be amazing! We are getting married at Dreams tulum.



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users