Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1441 kat2012

kat2012
  • Member
  • 602 posts

    Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:05 PM


    I use Crest White Stripes too and love them :D

    Originally Posted by Allie2012 


    Hey Shelly - Have you ever used crest white strips? I have used them a few times, they only take 2 weeks to do and honestly I notice a HUGE difference. I plan to do this before my wedding, and they only cost about $45 compared to the $200-300 it can cost for your dentist to do!



     



     



    #1442 hatfiehm

    hatfiehm
    • Jr. Member
    • 270 posts

      Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:15 PM


      MJKH, I am right there with you girls. I have the big time wedding blahs.  I took on a new role at work which is pretty stressful, and in addition to that FI is not overly interested in the details and its tough to rangle him to make decision with me so sometimes I feel like its just all me....

      In addition, my BMs are halfway around the world, and my MOH is pretty busy as well. Plus I dont really like to bother them with all that stuff to be honest.

      I thought it would be more exciting than this. I was so busy and enjoying the process and all the little DIY projects in Aug and Sept, but I have pretty much just stopped.  We also need to decide what to do for the AHR, and instead of doing that and sorting out the invites I am just leaving it.  Is it possible to be Overwhelmed yet underwhelmed all at the same time??

       

      Maybe we all have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? LOL.  It seems like all brides go through this at one time or another, so hopefully we all bounce back.....
       

      Originally Posted by MJKH 

      Ohhhh yes...that's me in a big, big way...on the rollercoaster of feelings from the "blahs" to "super stressed"...back and forth, round and round.  I spent 7 hours decorating our Christmas tree yesterday and wasn't really excited about the whole thing in the end (which really isn't me!!).  8 weeks from Sunday we leave and my dresses haven't come in yet, my BFF's dress is too tight, my FI's daughter's dress hasn't come in yet and when I finally sit down to do my "what's left to do" list, I'll probably crack! 
       



       



       


      Holly


      #1443 capecodder

      capecodder
      • Jr. Member
      • 234 posts

        Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

        Sooo glad it's not just me!!  I agree with sometimes we (the brides) are the only ones making the decisions.  I am not having a wedding party and my fiance usually just agrees with whatever I want.   That's good and bad at the same time! lol!!

         

        I think it is definetly possible to feel over and underwhelmed at the same time.  I'm kind of feeling like that myself these days.  I am really nervous about my exam on Dec 9th, so I am hoping once that is over (even though it takes over a month to get the marks back!!!) I am ready to go back into wedding planning.  I don't think I have that much more to do but I'm sure stuff will start creeping up slowly!  Only 149 days to go!

         

        Originally Posted by hatfiehm 


        MJKH, I am right there with you girls. I have the big time wedding blahs.  I took on a new role at work which is pretty stressful, and in addition to that FI is not overly interested in the details and its tough to rangle him to make decision with me so sometimes I feel like its just all me....

        In addition, my BMs are halfway around the world, and my MOH is pretty busy as well. Plus I dont really like to bother them with all that stuff to be honest.

        I thought it would be more exciting than this. I was so busy and enjoying the process and all the little DIY projects in Aug and Sept, but I have pretty much just stopped.  We also need to decide what to do for the AHR, and instead of doing that and sorting out the invites I am just leaving it.  Is it possible to be Overwhelmed yet underwhelmed all at the same time??

         

        Maybe we all have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? LOL.  It seems like all brides go through this at one time or another, so hopefully we all bounce back.....
         



         



         



        #1444 Manda123

        Manda123
        • Jr. Member
        • 380 posts

          Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:16 PM


          I was thinking of getting diamonds around half on both sides since it will be a jacket band. The jeweler said that the cost of having diamonds is pretty minimal; the reason it is so expensive is because of it needs to be made to fit my e-ring, and because it is platinum.
           

          Originally Posted by kat2012 

          You are right about the whole color change and they do scratch up differently, I would try to keep it to the same metal. Do you want diamonds in ur ring?



           



          What is blue diamond? Will they be able to custom make it? A regular shaped ring won't work! Do you think I have time to go to somewhere like Peoples and have it made?

          Originally Posted by kat2012 

          Why I ask about diamonds is that if you want plain wedding band, you can get a platinum band of the width you want and make jeweller carve a piece out of it, to make it fit to your wedding band. That will definitely keep your costs down. Also check blue nile, plain 4 mm platinum wedding band is 860$. I hope it helps.

          If you want diamonds, you need to shop around. Also you dont have much time to be honest



           



          Thanks for the tip, AD. I might need to do that. I am going to email the jeweler and ask him how much it would be without the diamonds.

          Originally Posted by AD2012 

          Manda 123 - maybe only get diamonds halfway around? When we were looking bands we were told that that we could get diamonds half way around my band and have them added later. It would be more expensive in the long run but would save you money now. Like the other girls mentioned, take a look at blue nile, they have some pretty good deals. The price of platinum will most likely continue to rise along with gold so it might be best to go for it now rather than later. 

           



           

           


          Thanks :)

           

          I had the wedding blahs for a little while about midway through the plannign period. You will start to get into it as it gets a little closer! Just wait :)

          Next thing you know it will be xmas and time will fly after that.
           

          Originally Posted by capecodder 

          Manda123 - What a beautiful ring!!  I can see why now it will be hard to find a wedding band for it.  Good luck!!

           

          Ladies...I have a confession to make....Just not really into the whole wedding plan thing right now.  I wish it would hurry up and get here but don't really feel like doing much else for it.  Maybe once my exam is over on December 9th, I will feel more into it.

           

          Anybody else getting the wedding blahs??



           



          #1445 kat2012

          kat2012
          • Member
          • 602 posts

            Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:21 PM


            I was saying that you can get regular shape and carve a piece out of it to make it fit your ring :D

            If it is not an option, check out different goldsmith and price shop. 

            Also do you want a jacket or just ring that fits from one side?

            Originally Posted by Manda123 


            I was thinking of getting diamonds around half on both sides since it will be a jacket band. The jeweler said that the cost of having diamonds is pretty minimal; the reason it is so expensive is because of it needs to be made to fit my e-ring, and because it is platinum.
             



             



            What is blue diamond? Will they be able to custom make it? A regular shaped ring won't work! Do you think I have time to go to somewhere like Peoples and have it made?



             



            Thanks for the tip, AD. I might need to do that. I am going to email the jeweler and ask him how much it would be without the diamonds.



             

             


            Thanks :)

             

            I had the wedding blahs for a little while about midway through the plannign period. You will start to get into it as it gets a little closer! Just wait :)

            Next thing you know it will be xmas and time will fly after that.
             



             



             



            #1446 canadiangirl

            canadiangirl
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,252 posts

              Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:23 PM


              this is what im doing to ....because im such a huge coffee drinker, and well wine lol im doing it a couple of times before the wedding, i was thinking maybe once a month.

              Originally Posted by Allie2012 


              Hey Shelly - Have you ever used crest white strips? I have used them a few times, they only take 2 weeks to do and honestly I notice a HUGE difference. I plan to do this before my wedding, and they only cost about $45 compared to the $200-300 it can cost for your dentist to do!



               



               


              Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


              #1447 canadiangirl

              canadiangirl
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,252 posts

                Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:25 PM


                mine couldnt either..... not like i ws going to let him lol

                Originally Posted by Allie2012 


                Ok thanks for the info, I will definitely check people's out this weekend! Pretty awesome if I can get 2 rings for the price of one, my FI can't say no to that lol!



                 



                 


                Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


                #1448 MJKH

                MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

                  Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

                  I don't know where to post this, but I happened to stop in at Pier 1 this afternoon, and WOW...for any of you brides using peacock feathers/colours as accents, you should pay them a visit.  I saw packs of peacock-printed tissues for $1...they had these beautiful peacock feather round trivets(?)...in the placemat section...one of those in the middle of the table with a glass vase & flowers would be stunning.  They had beautiful fabric drapery panels embroidered with peacock feathers that you could take some wicked photos with I'm sure.  Just stickin' it out there!



                  #1449 bride6262

                  bride6262
                  • Member
                  • 582 posts

                    Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

                    this may be a dumb question but what is an e-ring?



                    #1450 canadiangirl

                    canadiangirl
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,252 posts

                      Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

                      OMG so great im hitting it up tomorrow
                       

                      Originally Posted by MJKH 

                      I don't know where to post this, but I happened to stop in at Pier 1 this afternoon, and WOW...for any of you brides using peacock feathers/colours as accents, you should pay them a visit.  I saw packs of peacock-printed tissues for $1...they had these beautiful peacock feather round trivets(?)...in the placemat section...one of those in the middle of the table with a glass vase & flowers would be stunning.  They had beautiful fabric drapery panels embroidered with peacock feathers that you could take some wicked photos with I'm sure.  Just stickin' it out there!



                       


                      Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users