Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1191 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

we got ours from ebay..i think we paid 30.00 for 15 bags...hope this helps!!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Looking for these too norma!!! I need probably 4 max! How much are you looking to spend, we got "pricier" ones for our groomsmen.... they are addidas (or nike or something) with a zipper front closure!  I may just pick up more of those if we can't find them for the $1-2 price point I am looking for!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1192 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

have a great time, and remember to enjoy everything..look forward to the reviews

Originally Posted by Camy47 

Well it's finally here! I'm leaving in less than 10 hours for the Dominican! What a crazy ride the past year has been....but cannot wait to see all our friends and family tomorrow! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of your love and support. I really don't think I could have made it through this process without you guys!!! xxx

See you in a week!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1193 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

where did you get your lanterns from? and how much did it cost?

Originally Posted by capecodder 

Glad you are enjoying yourself Camy!!  Love that you are checking in from your trip! 

I just placed my first order on Vistaprint....25 welcome/thank you letter, 25 magnets and 140 return address labels...all for free!!  Yay!!  Well, I do have to pay for shipping but on $16.  Adding something to your cart and then just leaving it there was a great tip.  I can't remember who posted that but thank you!!

And my sky lanterns finally arrived today!!  I got 10 turquoise and 10 white.  The colours are perfect!!  Cannot wait to release them!! 

#1194 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
        • Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

If you are looking for paper lanterns, we sourced a bunch of them in Toronto's Chinatown for around $5 each!

#1195 Keine Dennis

Keine Dennis
          • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Quote:This is a really great company for sky lanterns they have an office in Vancouver BC and another one in the USA (Phoenix I think), they start from $3.00 CAD each! and come in many colours and can be personalized :) Brides make sure you check with your properties that they allow them, if they have lost of palapas around they will most likely say no :(

If you are looking for paper lanterns, we sourced a bunch of them in Toronto's Chinatown for around $5 each!

I love destination weddings!

#1196 capecodder

capecodder
            • 234 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

I got mine from a seller on ebay.  They came from China and took about a month to get here but they are the exact colours that I wanted.  I paid less than $20 for 20 sky lanterns and they are biodegradeable.

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

where did you get your lanterns from? and how much did it cost?

#1197 MJKH

MJKH
              • Site Supporter
              • 654 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

I'll post this on the cake forum too, but I just wanted to let the girls in Canada know that Shoppers Drug Mart has Belgian chocolate seashells out for Christmas.  I bought a box of 24 (250g) for $5.99, but I'm sure if you watch you'd get them on sale.  For research sake, we opened them up and tried them ; )

They're really fresh, tasty, creamy rich chocolates.  The only issue is the colour difference in 1/2 of the chocolates which is totally intentional, but completely unnecessary and personally, I wouldn't mix the two on my wedding cake.  But if you used 1/2 on the cake and the other colour on cupcakes or something, no one would probably ever know!  What I liked about these was that they had starfish and fish shapes in their box too...

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

#1198 jeks

jeks
                • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

I am hoping to be married in May/June of 2012 in Maui.

#1199 Keine Dennis

Keine Dennis
                  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Quote: These look delicious mmmm!
                    Originally Posted by MJKH 

I'll post this on the cake forum too, but I just wanted to let the girls in Canada know that Shoppers Drug Mart has Belgian chocolate seashells out for Christmas.  I bought a box of 24 (250g) for $5.99, but I'm sure if you watch you'd get them on sale.  For research sake, we opened them up and tried them ; )

They're really fresh, tasty, creamy rich chocolates.  The only issue is the colour difference in 1/2 of the chocolates which is totally intentional, but completely unnecessary and personally, I wouldn't mix the two on my wedding cake.  But if you used 1/2 on the cake and the other colour on cupcakes or something, no one would probably ever know!  What I liked about these was that they had starfish and fish shapes in their box too...

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

#1200 Keine Dennis

Keine Dennis
                    • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

Quote:Oh! how lovely, I love Maui, my favourite destination, I have been 7 times over the past 4 years, my hubby calls it my additction :) It's not a bad one to have , LOL! Oh! and May/June, perfect!!! the water is crystal clear and calm, there is a slight breeze off the ocean that stops you being too hot! I have been in June 3 times, May once, Jan once and August twice.:)

Originally Posted by jeks 

I am hoping to be married in May/June of 2012 in Maui.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users