Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1121 Camy47

Camy47
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

Ladies...thank you so much for your support! I LOVE that I can come on here....vent....get a good laugh....then move on! You ladies ROCK!
    I think I may have figured out the program fiasco so that's one down....and hopefully the tailor will fix the pants tonight. Fingers crossed.

Capecodder....did you try ebay? I bought the clear zipper kind from a seller in Hong Kong. He had them in quantities of 25 and 50 and shipping to Canada was free. In fact, that order arrived quicker than any of the stuff I got from the US! :)

Originally Posted by capecodder 

Oh Camy47....hugs!!

Love the idea of flood pants though!!  Hope get most of everything solved on your vacation day.

Does anyone know where I can get clear luggage tag holders?  All the websites I found so far have a minimum order of 100 and shipping to Canada is super expensive. 

Attached Files

#1122 Camy47

Camy47
    • 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

For brides in the GTA....I just got an email from the Sandylion Warehouse and they are having their first annual warehouse sale on Nov 19 & 20 from 10am - 4pm. Too bad it's too late for my wedding....but I might pop in to see what I can grab for my niece's & nephew's for xmas!

#1123 MJKH

MJKH
      • Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

Capecodder - I bought mine from ebay too - If I remember, 50 of them...vertical, with the clear zip up...were around $20 total.  And they did come really fast.

Camy47 - WHOA!!  How did your wedding sneak up so fast?  Ahhhh...the joys of hemming...my FI just put on his brand new Italian suit (work uniform) this morning which he had his mother hem the pants of, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that she hemmed them too short...but they totally were.  Ughhhh!!!!

#1124 anudrm

anudrm
        • 760 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Capecodder - I bought mine from ebay too - If I remember, 50 of them...vertical, with the clear zip up...were around $20 total.  And they did come really fast.

Camy47 - WHOA!!  How did your wedding sneak up so fast?  Ahhhh...the joys of hemming...my FI just put on his brand new Italian suit (work uniform) this morning which he had his mother hem the pants of, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that she hemmed them too short...but they totally were.  Ughhhh!!!!

#1125 MJKH

MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Ohhhhh, yes...you laugh...but if only you knew the whole story about how my FI and the rest of his crew have been waiting 1 1/2 years to transition into these uniforms...because the suitmakers in Italy were experiencing an issue with fabricmaker...who had an issue getting the wool out of Ireland...and in the meantime we continued to have to buy dress shirts, ties and dress pants for my FI for work.  It was an international conspiracy to further test my sanity and it all came crumbling down when a little lady in Canada thought she could hem a pair of pants and really couldn't.

#1126 janette34

janette34
            • 417 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

I used trading card sleeves from the Dollarama package of 5 for $1 and they are a hard, rigid plastic.  I just brought them home and punched a hole in a them with a regular hole punch.

Originally Posted by capecodder 

Oh Camy47....hugs!!

Love the idea of flood pants though!!  Hope get most of everything solved on your vacation day.

Does anyone know where I can get clear luggage tag holders?  All the websites I found so far have a minimum order of 100 and shipping to Canada is super expensive. 

#1127 MJKH

MJKH
              • Site Supporter
              • 654 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Oooo...that was a very smart idea!

Originally Posted by janette34 

I used trading card sleeves from the Dollarama package of 5 for $1 and they are a hard, rigid plastic.  I just brought them home and punched a hole in a them with a regular hole punch.

#1128 kat2012

kat2012
                • 602 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

In that case a would not say a word too :D. U should see if it is possible to let them out without him knowing. :D

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Ohhhhh, yes...you laugh...but if only you knew the whole story about how my FI and the rest of his crew have been waiting 1 1/2 years to transition into these uniforms...because the suitmakers in Italy were experiencing an issue with fabricmaker...who had an issue getting the wool out of Ireland...and in the meantime we continued to have to buy dress shirts, ties and dress pants for my FI for work.  It was an international conspiracy to further test my sanity and it all came crumbling down when a little lady in Canada thought she could hem a pair of pants and really couldn't.

#1129 capecodder

capecodder
                  • 234 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

I had checked ebay but didn't exactly what I am looking for.

Such a great idea!!  Heading to Dollarama tomorrow to see what I can find!!  After I go try on my wedding dress...Yipee!!!  I'll post pics tomorrow.

Originally Posted by janette34 

#1130 anudrm

anudrm
                    • 760 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by kat2012 

In that case a would not say a word too :D. U should see if it is possible to let them out without him knowing. :D

I agree with Kat.....knowing that he had to wait so lon gfor this new suit, I wouldn't say anything either.  If he ever questions it, say you didn't even notice, LOL

Originally Posted by MJKH 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users