Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#991 aquamaniac

aquamaniac
  • Jr. Member
  • 239 posts

    Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

    Edible starfish? Where did you order them from, I have been searching for something similar for hours and hours!
     

    Originally Posted by luvmoo 

    I heard that too about the troubles with starfish.. but honestly.. mine is a starfish theme wedding.. with a starfish cake topper ( with real starfish) and i ordered starfish wedding favors, ( real starfish) and starfish decorations for my arch and chair sashes ( real also) and i never had one single problem getting them to canada. I ordered them from all different companies and places, and even ordered edible starfish for my cake.. and everyting came A.OK :) so although i heard that from somewhere also.. i have order a TON of real starfish .. and had no problems...  

     



     



    #992 Natalie2012

    Natalie2012
    • Jr. Member
    • 212 posts

      Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:14 AM



      OMG!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your cake topper!!! Where did u get it from and how much was it?????

      Originally Posted by luvmoo 

      after my rant about the dress nightmare.. I needed to post something that makes me happy heheheh i got my Cake topper on friday.. and i LOVE it!!!!!!

       

      ( it is real starfish, painted :) )

      IMG_0607.JPG  IMG_0608.JPG



       



      #993 Camy47

      Camy47
      • Newbie
      • 104 posts

        Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:46 AM

        Luvmoo,

         

        I agree with Kat....I would try and find a dress that they can all try on before they buy. I had the same issue with girls living out of town etc. so I actually picked the dress and found stores near them that carried that dress so they could try it on and see what size they needed. I ended up ordering them all from the same store to get a discount....but then got each BM their dresses the next time I saw them. OR you could get the dress from a chain store like David's, Sears or RW&Co. Stores like that can usually order the dress in if they don't have it in stock. The good news is you still have lots of time to get this sorted out. And I would call that company you ordered from and speak to the highest manager insisting a refund!!!

         

        Sorry to hear about what happened.....but at least you have an AWESOME cake topper! Love it!!!
         

        Originally Posted by kat2012 

        I love your cake topper it is really cute. Hat, veil and pearls :D

        If I would be you I would go online and pick bridesmaids dresses from the store that you all can go and try it on. That way you will know that your girls got perfect dresses. I would not want to get another ugly dress since it is only 4 month away.

        And 2 dress does not look anything like a first one. Where did you buy it from? How come they have such a horrible return policy? is it in china?



         



        #994 torilynnsmith

        torilynnsmith
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,748 posts

          Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

          Jenn - I cannot believe those dresses! Where is that website located?  They have done absolutely awful work and it in inexcusable! 

          I would suggest sticking with a  BM brand for dresses and that way each of your girls can go to a bridal store in their area, you can ensure all the colours are the same and they can get measured for size.  The only problem may be with only 4 months to go it will be considered a "rush" order.

           

          We went off the rack for our BM dresses, 2 need minor alterations but they were under $100 a piece so we did save some money there.... wish I could be more help!

          I would continue fighting this site you've been dealing with but I know it will likely do no good.  This is exactly why I am so hesitant of online shopping!



          #995 hatfiehm

          hatfiehm
          • Jr. Member
          • 270 posts

            Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

            Hey Luvmoo.

            Thats terrible about your BM dresses.  Do any of your bridesmaids live near davids bridal here in the GTA?  I have had such good experience with their BM dresses, and often you can order off the rack or online fairly quickly. 

             

            It will be very difficult to find 3 dresses off the rack in white/pale blue this time of year... which makes it tough to NOT buy online.   Have you checked out the dresses in Victorias Secret?  They are generally pretty affordable?

             

             


            Holly


            #996 amjohnson

            amjohnson
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

              Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

              Hi Jenn,

              That is too bad. After your wedding, you girls should make a big bonfire and set them on fire...lol...Not trying to make light of it. I would be peeved too.

              So here are a few ideas:

              1. Le Chateau- Try the main stores and the outlets

               

               

              2. For you and other Alberta brides, I found out yesterday that Davids Bridal is opening up a store in Edmonton, at our South Edmonton Common, just as you come into town from Calgary!

              The sign is up already so it shouldn't be long...wish it had been sooner. I will let you know if I find out when it's opening.

               

              Have you thought of trying Beyond the Rack? I know it is online but if you order all of the dresses at the same time they should defintely come from the same dye lot and their return policy is pretty good. I ordered two dresses from Haute look last week for 45$ each, going to keep one for my rehearsal dress and dinner. They have dress events once or twice a week, and there have been quite a few that would be nice as bridesmaid dresses.

               

              Good luck!



              #997 luvmoo

              luvmoo
              • Member
              • 503 posts

                Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:52 PM



                Thanks Kat!!  even my FI really liked it.. so i couldn't resist!! :)  I am currently trying to find a store that we can go try ones on, but that have a gfood selection of info online too so we can look that way... yep... the dresses are Horrendous!!  they don't match at all... ugh!  we bnought them from

                I love your cake topper it is really cute. Hat, veil and pearls :D

                If I would be you I would go online and pick bridesmaids dresses from the store that you all can go and try it on. That way you will know that your girls got perfect dresses. I would not want to get another ugly dress since it is only 4 month away.

                And 2 dress does not look anything like a first one. Where did you buy it from? How come they have such a horrible return policy? is it in china?



                 



                I got my edible starfish from cakesbysam.com .. they are just made out of molding chocolate and fondant.. :)

                Originally Posted by aquamaniac 

                Edible starfish? Where did you order them from, I have been searching for something similar for hours and hours! 

                 



                 



                Thanks Natalie! I am pretty happy with it also... :) we got it from

                OMG!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your cake topper!!! Where did u get it from and how much was it?????

                 



                That is a good idea about finding a dress and then searching nearby stores for the bridesmaids out of town... we are actually going to go to cross iron mills mall here soon and see if we can find anything there... and we will also check Laura... as they have a petite, regular and plus size section.. which is a bonus.. being that my girls are different sizes, this may make it easier to find something that will fit all of them.. I will keep you ladies posted on how i make out! Thank you for the ideas on rw&co and thos eplaces.. i will definatly check them out!!!  you are right.. even if they can go in and try the dress style on, i can order them in the proper colors etc... once we find a style etc..
                 

                Originally Posted by Camy47 

                Luvmoo,

                 

                I agree with Kat....I would try and find a dress that they can all try on before they buy. I had the same issue with girls living out of town etc. so I actually picked the dress and found stores near them that carried that dress so they could try it on and see what size they needed. I ended up ordering them all from the same store to get a discount....but then got each BM their dresses the next time I saw them. OR you could get the dress from a chain store like David's, Sears or RW&Co. Stores like that can usually order the dress in if they don't have it in stock. The good news is you still have lots of time to get this sorted out. And I would call that company you ordered from and speak to the highest manager insisting a refund!!!

                 

                Sorry to hear about what happened.....but at least you have an AWESOME cake topper! Love it!!! 

                 



                 

                I agree Tori, i was seriously seeing RED on friday! and then again on saturday when i was fighting with this company.. you should see some of the emails i wrote them... and it didn't even phase them.. they are completly okay with thier craftmanship... just crazy...  I am a little worried on the BM brand dresses too though, becuase then i am looking at soo much more money.. :(  and i didn't want anything too fancy, as my dress is fairly simple, and the Guys are just in Guayabera shirts and linen pants..  I know last resort though i will be looking at places like that...

                 

                This is the only problem i have ever had with online shopping ( unfortunately this would be one of the most important things lol... ) but up until now i have had all good luck!

                 

                Oh well.. i will get it sorrted i hope.. and i will keep you all posted!!

                Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                Jenn - I cannot believe those dresses! Where is that website located?  They have done absolutely awful work and it in inexcusable! 

                I would suggest sticking with a  BM brand for dresses and that way each of your girls can go to a bridal store in their area, you can ensure all the colours are the same and they can get measured for size.  The only problem may be with only 4 months to go it will be considered a "rush" order.

                 

                We went off the rack for our BM dresses, 2 need minor alterations but they were under $100 a piece so we did save some money there.... wish I could be more help!

                I would continue fighting this site you've been dealing with but I know it will likely do no good.  This is exactly why I am so hesitant of online shopping!



                Unfortunatly we are scattered all over Alberta, but that's as far as we go.. so we don't have a David's Bridal... :( i sure wish we did though!! it would sure make my life alot easier hahaha..  I completely agree with how hard it is going to be to find off the rack BM dresses in the beachy theme and color i want.. that is exactly what i was worried about too... they have a cute dress at Sears.. ( online only..lol of course) that we could look to as a last resort also.. and just pray it fits and looks good on all girls.. lol

                All i have to say.. is THANK GOODNESS i am only getting married ONCE!!!! ;)

                Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

                Hey Luvmoo.

                Thats terrible about your BM dresses.  Do any of your bridesmaids live near davids bridal here in the GTA?  I have had such good experience with their BM dresses, and often you can order off the rack or online fairly quickly. 

                 

                It will be very difficult to find 3 dresses off the rack in white/pale blue this time of year... which makes it tough to NOT buy online.   Have you checked out the dresses in Victorias Secret?  They are generally pretty affordable?

                 

                 



                Thank you Ladies for all your help and advise!! I will keep you posted.. and Thanks again for letting me rant.. i feel better after i talk with you ladies!! I love these boards!!!! xoxo

                 



                #998 luvmoo

                luvmoo
                • Member
                • 503 posts

                  Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:57 PM



                  Hey Am,

                  Funny you mentioned that!! hahaha i said we should do a Trash the BM Dress session with these.. or we could make Halloween costumes out of them.. cause they are just THAT hideous!!!!

                   

                  Thanks for the ideas!!! oooh!!! and the David's bridal is a cool idea.. please let me know when it opens!! maybe me and the Calgary girls will have to take a road trip and meet up with my Athabasca girl! :) meet in the middle and make a day of it!! :) this is good for a last resort i suppose!!

                   

                  Like i said, one of my girls is a bigger girl, she is about a size 24 or so ( and 9 months pregnant right now to boot! which also causes a bit of an issue) lol .. so i don't know that Le Chateau and beyond the rack is an option..  and this is why i have sort of always gone the online shopping route, as it has allowed me to pick a dress that goes in all different size ranges..

                  :)

                  Originally Posted by amjohnson 

                  Hi Jenn,

                  That is too bad. After your wedding, you girls should make a big bonfire and set them on fire...lol...Not trying to make light of it. I would be peeved too.

                  So here are a few ideas:

                  1. Le Chateau- Try the main stores and the outlets

                   

                   

                  2. For you and other Alberta brides, I found out yesterday that Davids Bridal is opening up a store in Edmonton, at our South Edmonton Common, just as you come into town from Calgary!

                  The sign is up already so it shouldn't be long...wish it had been sooner. I will let you know if I find out when it's opening.

                   

                  Have you thought of trying Beyond the Rack? I know it is online but if you order all of the dresses at the same time they should defintely come from the same dye lot and their return policy is pretty good. I ordered two dresses from Haute look last week for 45$ each, going to keep one for my rehearsal dress and dinner. They have dress events once or twice a week, and there have been quite a few that would be nice as bridesmaid dresses.

                   

                  Good luck!



                   



                  #999 beachbum21

                  beachbum21
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 438 posts

                    Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

                    Hey Luvmoo! If escalation doesn't work with the place you got them from I would find something at a store like Jacob or rw or sears, etc... Even bridal shops you will run the risk that they differ in color if they aren't ordered from the same place at the same time plus it will be expensive. I picked dresses from Jacob and they are perfect! They are flowy and beachy and 50 a dress. Good luck!! name="luvmoo" url="/t/74816/canadian-brides/980#post_1684443"]

                    Hey Ladies!!! 

                    I am in a bind right now.. and i am hoping to vent and lean on you ladies.. i am a cross between crying and laughing.... and really not sure where to go from here! 

                     

                    Soo! I have a maid of honor and two bridesmaids. Each girl ordered their own dresses ( all the same dress, and same website) and each one of them had several issues with the dress when it came in. #1, all three of them ended up being different colors... so we added different shades of blue to our wedding colors to make it work around the dresses.. which was no problem.. The last bridesmaid just got her dress on Friday.. and it is absolutely hideous!!!!  

                    i have attached pictures below, so you could see the difference in two of the dresses... the first one is okay.. the 2nd one.. just horrendous!!! when we complained to the company.. they told us that they looked just fine and they thought the dress is beautiful.. and that the two dresses below are close enough to eachother and will look good in the wedding..  and they will not refund us nor will they make a new one. they told us they will make a new one for a discounted price of 60.00 USD, plus shipping.  and they told us if we really don't like it, then we can take it to  a tailor to get fixed... At this point.. i am sooo angry.. I don't want to look at these dresses ever again. it is just ruined for me.. and now i find them all ugly.. lol

                     

                    I am just soo upset! i am 4 months away from my wedding.. and I now have these horrendous dresses that do not match... and the last pic below.. looks NOTHING like online..  I can't make the girls buy a 2nd dress.. so my FI and I are now forced to buy 3 dresses we didn't budget for.. which sucks.. but the other thing is.. now what?! The bridesmaid that got the bottom pictured dress.. is now being very difficult.. and doesn't want to order a dress online.. but i have three bridesmaids that are all different sizes, and one that lives in a different city..  

                     

                    The dresses below, it is hard to see in the 2nd pic, as it was a close up of the embellishment... but the sash on the front is different.. the material is flowy in the front on the first dress.. but just sewn on the front in the 2nd one.. The dress is absolute garbage... 

                     

                    IMG_0243.JPG  IMG_0612.JPG

                     

                     

                     

                    Does anyone have any suggestions on maybe a good REPUTABLE place for good dresses ?  I just really don't even know what to do... ugh.. ANY suggestions would be super helpful ladies!!

                     

                    *sigh* Thanks for listening ladies.. and DONT order ANYTHING from dressale.com  

                    [/quote]

                    #1000 kat2012

                    kat2012
                    • Member
                    • 602 posts

                      Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

                      Can you call your bank and cancel your visa payment? You might have to talk to them or file something, but it did work for me, or if you paid with Paypal it is even easier!!!

                      And then those guys will speak differently to you...


                       

                      Originally Posted by luvmoo 

                      Thanks Kat!!  even my FI really liked it.. so i couldn't resist!! :)  I am currently trying to find a store that we can go try ones on, but that have a gfood selection of info online too so we can look that way... yep... the dresses are Horrendous!!  they don't match at all... ugh!  we bnought them from www.dressale.com  and unfortunately yeah.. i found out later they are from hong Kong..  the return policy on thier website actually wasnt that bad... so i thought it would be okay.. they  even have a quality guarantee if you can believe it!!! I told them that the dress didn't match any quality guarantee.. as it was garbage.. and they just responded by saying they feel the dress is beautiful.. and it matches " close enough" to the others.. that it will look beautiful. absolutel garbage!!!! lol

                       

                      I got my edible starfish from cakesbysam.com .. they are just made out of molding chocolate and fondant.. :)

                       

                      Thanks Natalie! I am pretty happy with it also... :) we got it from www.weddingwhimsy.com  .. they have all kinds of different seashell and starfish cake toppers and other accessories perfect for the beach wedding :) she was really good to deal with too! check it out! :)

                      That is a good idea about finding a dress and then searching nearby stores for the bridesmaids out of town... we are actually going to go to cross iron mills mall here soon and see if we can find anything there... and we will also check Laura... as they have a petite, regular and plus size section.. which is a bonus.. being that my girls are different sizes, this may make it easier to find something that will fit all of them.. I will keep you ladies posted on how i make out! Thank you for the ideas on rw&co and thos eplaces.. i will definatly check them out!!!  you are right.. even if they can go in and try the dress style on, i can order them in the proper colors etc... once we find a style etc.. 

                       

                      I agree Tori, i was seriously seeing RED on friday! and then again on saturday when i was fighting with this company.. you should see some of the emails i wrote them... and it didn't even phase them.. they are completly okay with thier craftmanship... just crazy...  I am a little worried on the BM brand dresses too though, becuase then i am looking at soo much more money.. :(  and i didn't want anything too fancy, as my dress is fairly simple, and the Guys are just in Guayabera shirts and linen pants..  I know last resort though i will be looking at places like that...

                       

                      This is the only problem i have ever had with online shopping ( unfortunately this would be one of the most important things lol... ) but up until now i have had all good luck!

                       

                      Oh well.. i will get it sorrted i hope.. and i will keep you all posted!!

                      Unfortunatly we are scattered all over Alberta, but that's as far as we go.. so we don't have a David's Bridal... :( i sure wish we did though!! it would sure make my life alot easier hahaha..  I completely agree with how hard it is going to be to find off the rack BM dresses in the beachy theme and color i want.. that is exactly what i was worried about too... they have a cute dress at Sears.. ( online only..lol of course) that we could look to as a last resort also.. and just pray it fits and looks good on all girls.. lol

                      All i have to say.. is THANK GOODNESS i am only getting married ONCE!!!! ;)

                      Thank you Ladies for all your help and advise!! I will keep you posted.. and Thanks again for letting me rant.. i feel better after i talk with you ladies!! I love these boards!!!! xoxo

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users