Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

What kind of suit are you looking for? I found that le chateau had some nice beachy attire. We would have probably bought from there except that my FI is 6'3" and 230lbs so basically nothing fits him there! Same with a lot of all the clothing stores like Banana Republic, Mexx etc....

he wants a fitted suit in kind of an ivory or light sand color. I'll check those as well. thanks! 

Banana republic is a good option for those with varying sizes of groomsmen/groom since you can buy jacket separately from pants... My FI doesn't want to be sweltering in the sun so we may opt for pants and suspenders/dress shirt and tie for the groomsmen and the pant dress shirt and vest with tie for FI. It will keep out look of not being too casual, while being understanding of how hot it will be!

Unfortunately Le Chateau and Mexx aren't an option for my 6'4 FI either. He has broad shoulders (hockey player) and just doesn't fit in their clothes the way they are cut. It's easy to find nice wool or dark suits here, (he has several) but when it comes to loose linen while still being tailored is harder! Studio suits are so reasonably priced it looks like the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016

Banana republic is a good option for those with varying sizes of groomsmen/groom since you can buy jacket separately from pants... My FI doesn't want to be sweltering in the sun so we may opt for pants and suspenders/dress shirt and tie for the groomsmen and the pant dress shirt and vest with tie for FI. It will keep out look of not being too casual, while being understanding of how hot it will be!

Unfortunately Le Chateau and Mexx aren't an option for my 6'4 FI either. He has broad shoulders (hockey player) and just doesn't fit in their clothes the way they are cut. It's easy to find nice wool or dark suits here, (he has several) but when it comes to loose linen while still being tailored is harder! Studio suits are so reasonably priced it looks like the best option.

They are so hard to find! We even considered going to the states to see if we could find something. The hardest thing for my fiance is finding a suit that isn't too big around the waist or too long but I'm taking him this weekend and seeing if we find anything that he likes. He's decided that he wants a suit but we're thinking of linen pants and vest for my brother, the man of honor. I'll ask him about the suspenders but I'm not sure he'll like that.

you can check out H&M they have a good selection of different styles of linens and the store can be found worldwide.  We chose it to get the groommen attire since some people were coming from Asia and they have H&M there. 

I'm wondering where you guys are getting the groom attire? My fiance is set on wearing a suit and even though he bought a gorgeous charcoal suit, it's wool, so I don't think it will be very caribbean friendly in the middle of August. I'm looking for a linen suit but I can't find them anywhere in Calgary (we even looked last year and nothing, everything is wool). I even thought of going to a tailor and getting it made for him but that's probably going to cost as much if not more than my dress. I also saw suits in suitopia.com and indochino but I don't know if I dare to order online. What is everyone else doing?

You might want to reconsider the wool if it's 100% wool. It's actually a really lightweight material ideal for destination weddings. That's what we bought for our groomsmen, as for some reason they don't make linen pants in any color other than beige (I wanted grey) here in BC!

RW & CO has some nice items too.  

My boys are wearing a white short leaved dress shirt and black striped shorts  (not fancy, but not cargo shorts either).  we actually got them at Bootlegger lol!!!

Shirts are from Tip Top Tailors, which is another option for men!

I was a bit shocked when I picked up my wedding dress and tried it on --- in the store I was a 12 (maybe almost a bit lose in some areas) so I ordered a brand new one in the same size.  WOW SNUG!   Makes sense, store stresses are so stretched out. But noone told me that.  I can still wear it and I am not hanging out anywhere, just the snuggness is noticable to me! Will lose 5-10lbs before my fitting and see (which I had planned anyways as I just went to Cuba and put some weight on LOL).  I was hoping for no alternations other than bringing up the hem, but may not get off so lucky.

I bought mine at David's Bridal in Calgary, they quote $130 for hem and $60ish for bussel depending on what I want.   A girl I work with is marrying next month and her alternations were WAY cheaper, so I may go see her lady instead.

Edited by calgarybride2015

I bought mine at David's Bridal in Calgary, they quote $130 for hem and $60ish for bussel depending on what I want. A girl I work with is marrying next month and her alternations were WAY cheaper, so I may go see her lady instead.

Can you share her info? Either pm or on the thread? I'm looking for a local seamstress for alterations too!

@@Smellsey I haven't heard of them here in Calgary...but I live under a rock. 

@@calgarybride2015 I didn't even think of R&W co. I find their clothes are very big for their sizes, at least for women, I don't know if it will be the same for men but I guess it's time to go shopping this weekend before they take down all the summer stuff. 

Could you please let us know if you find the number for that seamstress? I have to hem mine, take it out at the hips a bit and add a corset back. They quoted me around $200 where I bought it but I want to explore my options in case they come up with a new price when I go there to actually get everything done.