Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

Help!  Has anyone used Vista Print and used a groupon?  I have my order ready to go on Vistaprint.ca, but I'm having trouble having my groupon applied.  Anyone have any tips?  I'm able to use it on the american site ... but for some reason my order is double to cost on there.

 

M

I had that and learned that I had a groupon that was only applicable on the US site.  I waited out a bit and looked for deals on google through the american site, ended with a fair deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi brides!!

 

Sunwing is having a “No Fuel Surcharge Promotion†ending on March 19th, 2013!! If you book before March 19th, 2013, you could save $320 per couple on wedding groups of 10 or more people!! Email or PM us at weddings@sunwing.ca and we'd be happy to recommend some amazing properties to celebrate your big day at!!

 

Happy Planning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm still dealing with the guilt of having a destination wedding and I don't want to make my guests pay too much :(. The fiance has no guilty feelings, he says that all he's doing is just asking people to take their vacation at a specific time and place, that so happens to be our wedding haha. I don't see it that way, but I'm trying. It is my day and I should do what makes me happy. If it was up to me I'd go to beach palace, they have some really nice perks for booking a lot of nights with them, but so far, trips are at around $1700 a head, so again, guilty feelings get the best of me haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

 

We are at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana.  We got our trip for $1380 each.  We booked July/August 2012 and our wedding is May 2013.

I loved majestic elegance when I went there for a vacation. You made a good choice ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by TinkerSofi View Post

 

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm still dealing with the guilt of having a destination wedding and I don't want to make my guests pay too much :(. The fiance has no guilty feelings, he says that all he's doing is just asking people to take their vacation at a specific time and place, that so happens to be our wedding haha. I don't see it that way, but I'm trying. It is my day and I should do what makes me happy. If it was up to me I'd go to beach palace, they have some really nice perks for booking a lot of nights with them, but so far, trips are at around $1700 a head, so again, guilty feelings get the best of me haha. 

 

Do what you want! Do not feel guilty! Easier said than done, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by TinkerSofi View Post

 

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm still dealing with the guilt of having a destination wedding and I don't want to make my guests pay too much :(. The fiance has no guilty feelings, he says that all he's doing is just asking people to take their vacation at a specific time and place, that so happens to be our wedding haha. I don't see it that way, but I'm trying. It is my day and I should do what makes me happy. If it was up to me I'd go to beach palace, they have some really nice perks for booking a lot of nights with them, but so far, trips are at around $1700 a head, so again, guilty feelings get the best of me haha. 

Have you asked people you are close to if they can go or not? Are you guilty because not everyone can/could go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For our travel booking and coordination we hired a travel advisor who specializes in destination weddings out of Calgary.  It was the best decision we have made in terms of our wedding.  She finds all the travel prices and just forwards you the information then you decide which resort you would like to go with.  We originally met with her in person and talked about what we were looking for in a destination and a resort. We went through the travel brochures and talked about the different resorts / destinations.  She has been to most of the resorts and had some really good insight.  We picked 5 resorts and then she went and got group quotes from different companies.  I then received emails with all the information : price, how many people before you get a free person, dates, flights, upgrades, room categories ect.  Once we chose a resort she contacts the resort and makes the arrangements for the wedding date and time (and coordinates with the judge).  She will then set up a website with all your travel information for you.  Your guests simply contact her and she books all the travel for you.  Again I will repeat, the best $300 dollars we have spent on our wedding.  Her name is Tanja Walsh, and she works out of Calgary.  We live 2 hours outside of Calgary and she was willing to meet with us for our initial meeting at 7pm on a Friday night so we had time to get into the city.  I definitely recommend her for anyone looking to use a travel coordinator.  She even found us a later booking deadline than we were originally quoted to make booking easier for our guests.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  Tanja is awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by samantha2 View Post

 

For our travel booking and coordination we hired a travel advisor who specializes in destination weddings out of Calgary.  It was the best decision we have made in terms of our wedding.  She finds all the travel prices and just forwards you the information then you decide which resort you would like to go with.  We originally met with her in person and talked about what we were looking for in a destination and a resort. We went through the travel brochures and talked about the different resorts / destinations.  She has been to most of the resorts and had some really good insight.  We picked 5 resorts and then she went and got group quotes from different companies.  I then received emails with all the information : price, how many people before you get a free person, dates, flights, upgrades, room categories ect.  Once we chose a resort she contacts the resort and makes the arrangements for the wedding date and time (and coordinates with the judge).  She will then set up a website with all your travel information for you.  Your guests simply contact her and she books all the travel for you.  Again I will repeat, the best $300 dollars we have spent on our wedding.  Her name is Tanja Walsh, and she works out of Calgary.  We live 2 hours outside of Calgary and she was willing to meet with us for our initial meeting at 7pm on a Friday night so we had time to get into the city.  I definitely recommend her for anyone looking to use a travel coordinator.  She even found us a later booking deadline than we were originally quoted to make booking easier for our guests.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  Tanja is awesome!!

 

This is awesome... I sure wish I would have found out about this at the beginning of the planning process for us!

Out of curiosity, Samantha, where are you from if you do not mind me asking? We are 2 hours outside Calgary too, and went with a local travel agent here, but really I should have thought to look in Calgary, since that is where most of us are flying out of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Scarma View Post

 

Have you asked people you are close to if they can go or not? Are you guilty because not everyone can/could go?

Yes, so far we've told them that we're having a destination wedding in Mexico and gave them a rough idea of the time of the year. Most of them say they would go. We're also about 2 years away from the wedding, so we want to give people lots of heads up.

 

We're vacationing in Mexico next month so I just wanted to create a shortlist of a couple of hotels to check out and see what they offer. I think I'll also check out that travel agent that someone mentioned above, but I want to do that a bit closer to the wedding, just so I don't feel like I'm wasting their time when my wedding is so far away hahah. Rates can change a lot in 2 years :). Thank you ladies for the suggestions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm wondering if anyone is getting or has been married at the Beach Palace Cancun. We're thinking of having a May wedding but before I even go down there to look at hotels I want to know how much my guests would be expected to pay for their trip. I don't want to have my wedding where only a few people can afford it.  I'm from Calgary, any brides who were able to keep their guests' trip costs at $1500 or under? Where did you go and what month did you get married? 
I am also from calgary, was married Nov 28, 2012 and we also wanted our guests to have to pay less than $1500. We chose the Barcelo Maya resort, there were different levels of pricing so it was perfect. The Palace (best resort of the property) was $1728 per person, the next level was $1483, there was a lower resort as well but we didn't get pricing for that one. Perhaps a large resort that has some options would be worth checking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×