Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by breluke18 View Post

 

Just got engaged in September and am looking to plan a Destination Wedding for December 2013. Any suggestions are welcome :).Also wondering how early in advance you girls booked everything!

 

TIA

My wedding is November 30, 2013...I started getting prices at the end of October 2012...right now we are officially booked and have 36 guests booked with us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jreist View Post

 

 

What about something destination themed, like an embroidered Beach Towel? Travel mug? Baseball cap? floatie? 

oh I like the travel mug idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is only getting digital copies of their wedding photos rather than prints, you may be interested in this company: http://www.canvaspalette.com/

 

I got a groupon (or team buy, something like that), for this company and ordered the 16x20 canvas print of one of our engagement shots.

 

It came out amazing!!!! I am so impressed with it! I'm sure that I will order more for my wedding prints.If anyone sees another deal for CanvasPalette please let me know!!! 

 

 

 

In the mean time, I just bought a groupon for CanvasPop, and I will test them out too with my wedding pictures. 

 

For reference, I paid $39 for the Canvas Pallete, and $39 for Canvas pop, each for a 16x20 framed canvas print. The groupon is still available for Canvas Pop if anyone is interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jreist View Post

 

If anyone is only getting digital copies of their wedding photos rather than prints, you may be interested in this company: http://www.canvaspalette.com/

 

I got a groupon (or team buy, something like that), for this company and ordered the 16x20 canvas print of one of our engagement shots.

 

It came out amazing!!!! I am so impressed with it! I'm sure that I will order more for my wedding prints.If anyone sees another deal for CanvasPalette please let me know!!! 

 

 

 

In the mean time, I just bought a groupon for CanvasPop, and I will test them out too with my wedding pictures. 

 

For reference, I paid $39 for the Canvas Pallete, and $39 for Canvas pop, each for a 16x20 framed canvas print. The groupon is still available for Canvas Pop if anyone is interested. 

Awesome thanks. We are only getting the digital copies, so this is something to keep in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mizpriya View Post

 

So I had some bad news and some good news over the weekend I wanted to share, and then I wanted some help from you guys.

 

Bad News:

- My Matron of Honor and my all time best friend got pregnant a few months ago and won't be able to travel to my wedding. She is like my sister and I was devastated to find out she could not make it to my wedding. She lives in Dubai so I can't really spend time with her before hand so poopy! She will be in her 40th week of pregnancy the week of my wedding so it definitely was not going to happen. However, I was hoping my other long time best friend who also lives in Dubai was going to make it to the wedding to make up for my MOH.

 

Bad News 2:

This weekend, my other long time friend just told me the news that she won't make it either. She works as a flight attendant and she could not get the time off for my wedding through the airline she works for! I knew there was a 50/50 chance she would make it, but I was hopeful that it would all work out. Unfortunately it didn't and now my second MOH is out of the picture. Reall bummed but with these things, it's all out of my control. Expected with destination weddings.

 

Good news!

My Matron of Honor will be coming to Canada to celebrate the bridal shower festivities in February which I am glad about because I get to spend quality time with her and we can do some wedding projects together.

 

And finally, I couldn't choose any of the other girls in my bridal party to be my MOH because I just didn't feel right about it. Don't get me wrong, they are all fabulous girls and I love them, but I feel like I couldn't replace my original MOH since I had known her for a long long time (since we were 2!). MY next best alternative, was my other best friend whom I have known for almost 16 years...thing is- he is a guy! So I asked him if he would do me the honour of being my "Man of Honor" and he said YES! As if everything else about our wedding couldn't get any more untraditional and unique!

 

So now...I don't know what to gift his as my ManOH gift! I got flower purses for the girls instead of bouquets, and I also got them girlie wineglasses and made them shirts for getting ready that say "Bridesmaids" on them. I was thinking of getting him a personalized shot glass and maybe a shirt....but is there anything else unique and different out there that I can get for him that you ladies can think of?

 

Let me know!

 

Phew! It's been an emotional rollercoaster thus far....but I am confident everything will work out and be amazing on the day of the wedding!

I can defintely share in your disappointment. My brother had a surprise pregnancy with his girlfriend. My wedding is jan. 4, the baby is due jan.13th so even though he is in the wedding party he will no longer coming. I had a REALLY hard time with this. I still haven't fully been able to think of him not being there. We are very close. Thru the planning I have alot of friends back out due to mainly financial but at no point have I regreted the decision to get married away.

That's great that you have a great guy friend for you to stand beside you. There have been some great suggestions by other brides :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mizpriya View Post

 

So I had some bad news and some good news over the weekend I wanted to share, and then I wanted some help from you guys.

 

Bad News:

- My Matron of Honor and my all time best friend got pregnant a few months ago and won't be able to travel to my wedding. She is like my sister and I was devastated to find out she could not make it to my wedding. She lives in Dubai so I can't really spend time with her before hand so poopy! She will be in her 40th week of pregnancy the week of my wedding so it definitely was not going to happen. However, I was hoping my other long time best friend who also lives in Dubai was going to make it to the wedding to make up for my MOH.

 

Bad News 2:

This weekend, my other long time friend just told me the news that she won't make it either. She works as a flight attendant and she could not get the time off for my wedding through the airline she works for! I knew there was a 50/50 chance she would make it, but I was hopeful that it would all work out. Unfortunately it didn't and now my second MOH is out of the picture. Reall bummed but with these things, it's all out of my control. Expected with destination weddings.

 

Good news!

My Matron of Honor will be coming to Canada to celebrate the bridal shower festivities in February which I am glad about because I get to spend quality time with her and we can do some wedding projects together.

 

And finally, I couldn't choose any of the other girls in my bridal party to be my MOH because I just didn't feel right about it. Don't get me wrong, they are all fabulous girls and I love them, but I feel like I couldn't replace my original MOH since I had known her for a long long time (since we were 2!). MY next best alternative, was my other best friend whom I have known for almost 16 years...thing is- he is a guy! So I asked him if he would do me the honour of being my "Man of Honor" and he said YES! As if everything else about our wedding couldn't get any more untraditional and unique!

 

So now...I don't know what to gift his as my ManOH gift! I got flower purses for the girls instead of bouquets, and I also got them girlie wineglasses and made them shirts for getting ready that say "Bridesmaids" on them. I was thinking of getting him a personalized shot glass and maybe a shirt....but is there anything else unique and different out there that I can get for him that you ladies can think of?

 

Let me know!

 

Phew! It's been an emotional rollercoaster thus far....but I am confident everything will work out and be amazing on the day of the wedding!

Many venues offer a webcam service for the wedding. Perhaps you can see if yours can do a 2-way service and skype your original MOH in so that she doesn't miss out on anything. 

 

As for the Man of Honour - what about a Man of Honour T-shirt? You can do it with Iron on letters or see if you can find a cool airbrush artist to do it in a crafty way. You could give him a massage on the beach or do something cool like an excursion together. Everyone can go and you can pay for his only. A big bottle of alcohol or check out on etsy. Even if the wedding isn't formal, cufflinks are still pretty cool. He doesn't have to use it for the wedding. He'd probably prefer something that he can use afterwards anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by justine416 View Post

 

I can defintely share in your disappointment. My brother had a surprise pregnancy with his girlfriend. My wedding is jan. 4, the baby is due jan.13th so even though he is in the wedding party he will no longer coming. I had a REALLY hard time with this. I still haven't fully been able to think of him not being there. We are very close. Thru the planning I have alot of friends back out due to mainly financial but at no point have I regreted the decision to get married away.

That's great that you have a great guy friend for you to stand beside you. There have been some great suggestions by other brides :)

Awww I'm sorry to hear that. That would be hard especially since it's your brother! Well it will all work out in the end. We still don't regret our decision to get married away. We keep reminding ourselves that the most important thing is that we are both there and that it is essentially OUR day...the people that make it are just the icing on the cake. Roll with the punches and have a great wedding. It really is about the two of you anyways. I know it's hard that the people you really want there can't be there, but again, your man is there for you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, I know a couple that got married away and then returned and did an at home reception. The bride wore her dress etc and one of her friends actually performed the ceremony so they could repeat the vows and kiss the bride. It was beautiful! Best of both worlds too! You get your destination wedding and then you can still have your loved ones there for a second ceremony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fiance had his bachelor party last night. I am normally not a jealous person at all, we always party apart, but for some reason it was seriously emotional for me. So if you guys haven't gone through that yet, be ware!

 

I wish someone told me it would be a rough night lol I had a couple of my married friends call earlier in the night and thought it was sweet, but unnecessary. But it was definitely helpful at 4:00AM lol. I'll undoubtedly be calling all my friends when their fiances are out now lol. 

 

Otherwise, under 6 weeks until the wedding! Things are getting so much more fun and less stressful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jreist View Post

 

My fiance had his bachelor party last night. I am normally not a jealous person at all, we always party apart, but for some reason it was seriously emotional for me. So if you guys haven't gone through that yet, be ware!

 

I wish someone told me it would be a rough night lol I had a couple of my married friends call earlier in the night and thought it was sweet, but unnecessary. But it was definitely helpful at 4:00AM lol. I'll undoubtedly be calling all my friends when their fiances are out now lol. 

 

Otherwise, under 6 weeks until the wedding! Things are getting so much more fun and less stressful!

I'm sorry it was a rough night.  I have no problems imagining it being hard.  Is he in a bad shape this morning?  When's your bachelorette party?  6 weeks thats insane!!  Good to know that things are less stressful for you now, they're just starting to be stressful for me haha ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics

×