Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts



CdnBeatPrincess-

 

I just realised that you are getting married at Firefly. Could you let me know when you get back how everything went. I really want to book this venue, but have been told that they no longer do weddins :(.

 

I hope you have a great trip and everything falls into place!

 

Originally Posted by CdnBeatPrincess View Post

Krysta - Have an awesome time. My friend just got back from there. I saw videos of the entertainment staff. They seem to have the best around. Enjoy!!!!!

 

Beachbum - Did you pick your flowers up yet? I haven't and she's not answering her phone. She always calls me back but I'm getting worried since there's been issues with others.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so not impressed right now, my real touch flowers from Bloom Bridal were scheduled to arrive today and haven't, its now after 5 pm here so they won't arrive either.  We leave tomorrow, I'm super frustrated - what was the point of requesting a ship date of April 1 if they weren't going to be shipped until April 10!  They were beautiful, but useless now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


we are flying sunwing and have been upgraded to their first class so we can bring 70lbs each!!! which is good cause we are going to need it!!! lol..... the great thing about sunwing is all you can drink and meals on the plane!

 

we are staying at the travel lodge the night before at a park n fly for $99!! so we get our room and the parking for 8 days and a shuttle too and from the hotel and airport. so we are probably gonna go to the airport for 4am.

 

we are packing all our OOT bags and giving them out the first night. most people know they are getting them and what will be in them since they are helping to bring down the towels and mugs.

 

i will be in a teal jacket and black jogging pants....hopefully we will bump into each other!

 

Originally Posted by CdnBeatPrincess View Post

I know we are leaving around the same time as you. Our tour operator is Thomas Cook but we are flying with Air Canada Jazz. Look me at the airport, my fiance will have his game over wedding shirt on. It will have our wedding date on the back of it .

 

So what time are you planning to be there? I made OOT bags for everyone but decided to pack them in the suitcase last night. I'm not carrying 20 bags and standing waiting there. I'm very exicted, we got rows 11,12,13,14 on the plane. Our carrier gave us extra weight coupons and drink tickets. I'm quite surprise since we're flying Air Canada. I figured we had to pay for that stuff.

 

We'll you be wearing anything identifying at the airport besides carrying a dress?LOL :)



 


thank you!! and i cant wait to write a review!! if anyone has anything they specifically want to know let me know!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Safe travels and wishing you all an AWESOME wedding day!  Krysta lee ann...I can't wait to read your review of Riu Ocho Rios...we're thinking of going there for our 1st anniversary next year!!! : )

 



 



thanks!!



Originally Posted by CdnBeatPrincess View Post

Krysta - Have an awesome time. My friend just got back from there. I saw videos of the entertainment staff. They seem to have the best around. Enjoy!!!!!

 

Beachbum - Did you pick your flowers up yet? I haven't and she's not answering her phone. She always calls me back but I'm getting worried since there's been issues with others.


 

OH NO!! i hope there is some way they will make it!



Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

I'm so not impressed right now, my real touch flowers from Bloom Bridal were scheduled to arrive today and haven't, its now after 5 pm here so they won't arrive either.  We leave tomorrow, I'm super frustrated - what was the point of requesting a ship date of April 1 if they weren't going to be shipped until April 10!  They were beautiful, but useless now.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update on the flowers in case anyone is worried about their order:  Judy paid extra to have the flowers shipped express via Fedex.  Fedex promised that they would be delivered today, but the flowers didn't make it to their distribution center before their truck made it my area and don't deliver to my area on Fridays.  So after a bunch of phone calls between Judy, Fedex and myself Fedex has made an exception and will be delivering the flowers tomorrow morning at approximately 8 am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That is great to hear! I was just going to ask if it was possible for them to get there early tomorrow morning. What a stress though! Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly! Enjoy!
 

Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

Here's an update on the flowers in case anyone is worried about their order:  Judy paid extra to have the flowers shipped express via Fedex.  Fedex promised that they would be delivered today, but the flowers didn't make it to their distribution center before their truck made it my area and don't deliver to my area on Fridays.  So after a bunch of phone calls between Judy, Fedex and myself Fedex has made an exception and will be delivering the flowers tomorrow morning at approximately 8 am.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Krysta, Can I ask how you were upgraded to first class on Sunwing? Did you have your travel agent call for you, or did you contact them yourself and tell them you are getting married? Our wedding is not until next month, but we are also flying Sunwing and it would be fantastic to have that extra baggage allowance!
 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post


we are flying sunwing and have been upgraded to their first class so we can bring 70lbs each!!! which is good cause we are going to need it!!! lol..... the great thing about sunwing is all you can drink and meals on the plane!

 

we are staying at the travel lodge the night before at a park n fly for $99!! so we get our room and the parking for 8 days and a shuttle too and from the hotel and airport. so we are probably gonna go to the airport for 4am.

 

we are packing all our OOT bags and giving them out the first night. most people know they are getting them and what will be in them since they are helping to bring down the towels and mugs.

 

i will be in a teal jacket and black jogging pants....hopefully we will bump into each other!

 



 


thank you!! and i cant wait to write a review!! if anyone has anything they specifically want to know let me know!



thanks!!


 

OH NO!! i hope there is some way they will make it!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


it was a mix of things.....but mainly because we had had some many ppl booked (i think its 10 or more) you shoudl be upgraded. i was also mad at the airline cause the price dropped and they wouldnt honour it. so they said they would give us an upgrade to make us happy but i reminded them that we were already suppose to be upgraded! my advice would be to contact your TA. how many ppl do you have flying with you? your TA should be able to get the upgrade for free for you! and its like 70lbs pp if you get the upgrade!

Originally Posted by Allie2012 View Post

Hi Krysta, Can I ask how you were upgraded to first class on Sunwing? Did you have your travel agent call for you, or did you contact them yourself and tell them you are getting married? Our wedding is not until next month, but we are also flying Sunwing and it would be fantastic to have that extra baggage allowance!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We're flying Sunwing as well and were automatically upgraded to their Elite Plus as well. You get priority boarding, more checked baggage weight and two carry ons (plus your dress!)

 

Now my TA is currently arguing with Sunwing because they mixed up the seats on our plane. We have guests flying out of Toronto, Halifax and Ottawa... and on one of the flights they have a 6 year old sitting ALONE away from his mother on the plane both there and back... and Sunwing seems to think that there is nothing they can do....  So I'm not impressed right now considering we leave on the 25th and it's still not sorted out...

Originally Posted by Allie2012 View Post

Hi Krysta, Can I ask how you were upgraded to first class on Sunwing? Did you have your travel agent call for you, or did you contact them yourself and tell them you are getting married? Our wedding is not until next month, but we are also flying Sunwing and it would be fantastic to have that extra baggage allowance!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all i can say is the squeaky wheel gets the grease! especially with sunwing! i was furious with them and kept complaining and complaining and finally got what i wanted...... there is no reason they cant move seats. did you guys pay for preselected seats? if not then they shouldnt be giving them out til you leave and if you did then you should be allowed to select your own seats!! wth!! good luck!
 

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 View Post


We're flying Sunwing as well and were automatically upgraded to their Elite Plus as well. You get priority boarding, more checked baggage weight and two carry ons (plus your dress!)

 

Now my TA is currently arguing with Sunwing because they mixed up the seats on our plane. We have guests flying out of Toronto, Halifax and Ottawa... and on one of the flights they have a 6 year old sitting ALONE away from his mother on the plane both there and back... and Sunwing seems to think that there is nothing they can do....  So I'm not impressed right now considering we leave on the 25th and it's still not sorted out...



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×