Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hey!

 

for recessional songs i am thinking marry me - bruno mars or I Do by colbie caillat
 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

Hi Krysta...Jack Johnson is definitely a good choice like the other ladies have suggested. I am biased though since i walked down the aisle to one of his songs :) I used the hawaiin version of better together because it felt tropical and better together is mine and hubbies song :)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2KYTOw5Fm4

 

 

I always loved this song, its very upbeat in comparison to Jack Johnson and a fun one...always makes me smile when i hear it  young folks peter bjorn and john http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIRE6iw-ws4&ob=av2n

 

 

i also got your PM and will put some stuff together for you to look at :)
 



 


That's very exciting. congrats on booking a date...now the planning REALLY begins ;)

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krysta,

I thought I would suggest the songs we used. I didn't want to Colbie Caillat songs but Bubbly is a fun song that I knew would be easy for me to walk down the aisle...none of my family were there so I didn't want a serious song. As Bright as the Sun was the one we walked out on and it was a fun one too, and it was perfect as the sun was shining! I am sure you know the song but it is a feel good song and up beat.


 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

oops jack johnson! lol
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, other Krysta!
There is a thread somewhere here for recessional songs. There are some great options!

 

For me, I am thinking either 500 Miles (like, from Benny and Joon.... I think it is by the Proclaimers, OR Bruno Mars, Marry You

OR, (and my current fave), Beach Boys: God Only Knows. I LOVE that song, and am for sure going to use it somewhere. Just not sure where yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies - Just a head's up to those looking for vista print deals - they just sent out an 80% off email the other day, and this morning I got a 100% off certain items (bus. cards/postcards)

I've already done my STD's, but think I'll take advantage of the new postcard offer to order some "photo sharing" postcards for the OOT bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to throw out this FYI for any ladies that are looking for places to buy stuff for survival kits/OOT bags.  This site has a huge supply of travel size items available, http://www.minimus.biz/, and I have found a few things at Sam's Club in the states, such as Advil packets, Shout wipes, bulk hand sanitizers, etc. I realize it's not Canadian, but if you are close to a border and have a membership or know someone that does, the prices work out really good, and you can even look online, http://www.samsclub.com/sams/homepage.jsp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks Kim! That site is fantastic! I'm bookmarking it, and when I finally have a better idea of the number of OOT bags I'll be needing - I'm totally ordering from this site! I am thinking of getting tylenol, pepto, immodium, the lens cleaning wipes (super cheap and great for sunglasses!), and the little sewing kit (which is also super cheap!).

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

Just wanted to throw out this FYI for any ladies that are looking for places to buy stuff for survival kits/OOT bags.  This site has a huge supply of travel size items available, http://www.minimus.biz/, and I have found a few things at Sam's Club in the states, such as Advil packets, Shout wipes, bulk hand sanitizers, etc. I realize it's not Canadian, but if you are close to a border and have a membership or know someone that does, the prices work out really good, and you can even look online, http://www.samsclub.com/sams/homepage.jsp.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're welcome.  I came across it when I was searching for travel size items and I think I may have seen it mentioned on BDW somewhere, but I've been through so many threads looking for ideas, I cannot remember which thread it was.  I've also made a list of the products that I want to get and am just waiting for a more accurate number of guests too!  Thinking that I have a pretty good idea of how many guests we're going to have but things can change and I've got lots of time still!
 

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post


Thanks Kim! That site is fantastic! I'm bookmarking it, and when I finally have a better idea of the number of OOT bags I'll be needing - I'm totally ordering from this site! I am thinking of getting tylenol, pepto, immodium, the lens cleaning wipes (super cheap and great for sunglasses!), and the little sewing kit (which is also super cheap!).



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered from minimus...I loved the little eco bamboo foot files...they're hard to locate on the site, but if you type "bamboo" into the search window they pop up I think.  One tip...when I placed my order with minimus, I asked that any items with an expiration date expire no sooner than one year after our wedding date.  I noticed they highlighted it on the warehouse form and everything came just as I had asked.  Otherwise, you may end up with a box full of OTC meds that expire before or right around your wedding!
 

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post


Thanks Kim! That site is fantastic! I'm bookmarking it, and when I finally have a better idea of the number of OOT bags I'll be needing - I'm totally ordering from this site! I am thinking of getting tylenol, pepto, immodium, the lens cleaning wipes (super cheap and great for sunglasses!), and the little sewing kit (which is also super cheap!).



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip!
 

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

I ordered from minimus...I loved the little eco bamboo foot files...they're hard to locate on the site, but if you type "bamboo" into the search window they pop up I think.  One tip...when I placed my order with minimus, I asked that any items with an expiration date expire no sooner than one year after our wedding date.  I noticed they highlighted it on the warehouse form and everything came just as I had asked.  Otherwise, you may end up with a box full of OTC meds that expire before or right around your wedding!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×