Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts


Ottawa is a lot of things, mild in the winter is not one of them lol. 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post


I agree! I am from Alberta but I lived just outside of Toronto for a few years when I was longer. There is something to be said about mildly yet cloudier winters. Which is why we are seriously looking at moving to Ottawa!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so i have looked into some of the photogs in jamaica and unfortunately Merrick Cousley is all booked up, but marcia roberts and stacey clarke are both free...... but i dont know which one to pick!! you ladies have any suggestions?? also did either of them give you a discount or are you paying package price?

 

Marcia Roberts sent me this :

 

Here's your package outlined: 
 Photography coverage includes bride getting dressed, ceremony & photo-session. 
 2 Cd's with over 400 Hi-Res images 

 A complimentary photo-montage telling your wedding story edited with music
 2)Two Photographers 
 Wedding Gallery upload (optional)
 DHL-delivery,two weeks after event.  
 Hotel vendor's fee-we pay
 $1,550.00 USD  

Reception coverage 
(cake cutting, first dance etc)
$200.00 USD 

Videography Services 
Cinematography coverage
2 professionally edited DVD Video 
$700.00 USD 

 
Hardcover magazine type page photo-book
" 11 x 8.5 "
50 pages
$350.00 USD
 
Trash The Dress- Second Day shoot ( Off- Resort- Dunn's River)
( Artistic pictures of bride & groom in & out of water)
$450.00 USD
(required to pay entrance fee off-resort location for you and spouse only)
 
 
 
Stacey Clarke Sent me this:
DIVINE LOVE
UP TO 3 HOURS ON LOCATION
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
$1375us

 
TERNAL LOVE
UP TO 5 HOURS ON LOCATION
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
$1895us

 
CHERISHED LOVE
8 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
$2595us

 
ULTIMATE LOVE
UP TO 10 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING, WEDDING ALBUM, PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) & DELIVERY
$3195us
 
so what do you think???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty expensive, do u have vendor fees at RIU?
 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

ok so i have looked into some of the photogs in jamaica and unfortunately Merrick Cousley is all booked up, but marcia roberts and stacey clarke are both free...... but i dont know which one to pick!! you ladies have any suggestions?? also did either of them give you a discount or are you paying package price?

 

Marcia Roberts sent me this :

 

Here's your package outlined: 
 Photography coverage includes bride getting dressed, ceremony & photo-session. 
 2 Cd's with over 400 Hi-Res images 

 A complimentary photo-montage telling your wedding story edited with music
 2)Two Photographers 
 Wedding Gallery upload (optional)
 DHL-delivery,two weeks after event.  
 Hotel vendor's fee-we pay
 $1,550.00 USD  

Reception coverage 
(cake cutting, first dance etc)
$200.00 USD 

Videography Services 
Cinematography coverage
2 professionally edited DVD Video 
$700.00 USD 

 
Hardcover magazine type page photo-book
" 11 x 8.5 "
50 pages
$350.00 USD
 
Trash The Dress- Second Day shoot ( Off- Resort- Dunn's River)
( Artistic pictures of bride & groom in & out of water)
$450.00 USD
(required to pay entrance fee off-resort location for you and spouse only)
 
 
 
Stacey Clarke Sent me this:
DIVINE LOVE
UP TO 3 HOURS ON LOCATION
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
$1375us

 
TERNAL LOVE
UP TO 5 HOURS ON LOCATION
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
$1895us

 
CHERISHED LOVE
8 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
$2595us

 
ULTIMATE LOVE
UP TO 10 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING, WEDDING ALBUM, PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) & DELIVERY
$3195us
 
so what do you think???

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Krysta,

 

Sorry to read that Merrick is all booked up. That is who I would recommend. Between Marcia Roberts and Stacey Clarke, I would choose Stacey Clarke. I have read wonderful things about Marcia's personality, but also that her assistant takes most of the pictures. There are times that she seems more like she's overseeing than in fact having two photographers. I've also seen some not so great pictures from her. There's a bride on the Iberostar Beach pages a few pages back who was not really happy with her pictures. The bride blamed herself, but I just wondered whether the photographer who is actually capturing the moments are not also responsible.

 

I have only read a few things about Stacey Clarke but all were really positive.

 

Hope this helps.


 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

ok so i have looked into some of the photogs in jamaica and unfortunately Merrick Cousley is all booked up, but marcia roberts and stacey clarke are both free...... but i dont know which one to pick!! you ladies have any suggestions?? also did either of them give you a discount or are you paying package price?

 

Marcia Roberts sent me this :

 

Here's your package outlined: 
 Photography coverage includes bride getting dressed, ceremony & photo-session. 
 2 Cd's with over 400 Hi-Res images 

 A complimentary photo-montage telling your wedding story edited with music
 2)Two Photographers 
 Wedding Gallery upload (optional)
 DHL-delivery,two weeks after event.  
 Hotel vendor's fee-we pay
 $1,550.00 USD  

Reception coverage 
(cake cutting, first dance etc)
$200.00 USD 

Videography Services 
Cinematography coverage
2 professionally edited DVD Video 
$700.00 USD 

 
Hardcover magazine type page photo-book
" 11 x 8.5 "
50 pages
$350.00 USD
 
Trash The Dress- Second Day shoot ( Off- Resort- Dunn's River)
( Artistic pictures of bride & groom in & out of water)
$450.00 USD
(required to pay entrance fee off-resort location for you and spouse only)
 
 
 
Stacey Clarke Sent me this:
DIVINE LOVE
UP TO 3 HOURS ON LOCATION
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
$1375us

 
TERNAL LOVE
UP TO 5 HOURS ON LOCATION
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
$1895us

 
CHERISHED LOVE
8 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
$2595us

 
ULTIMATE LOVE
UP TO 10 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING, WEDDING ALBUM, PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) & DELIVERY
$3195us
 
so what do you think???

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


who did you use for pics again? and what did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

 

and yes there is a $350 vendor fee at RUI. marcia said she covers it but stacey clarke doesnt mention it. so i emailed and asked her.

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post

It is pretty expensive, do u have vendor fees at RIU?
 



 



 

Thanks for the help..... i am so torn over what to do now.... i feel a little hopeless right now. i am trying to find all the research i did before but cant seem to so now i have to start from scratch.
 

Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

Hi Krysta,

 

Sorry to read that Merrick is all booked up. That is who I would recommend. Between Marcia Roberts and Stacey Clarke, I would choose Stacey Clarke. I have read wonderful things about Marcia's personality, but also that her assistant takes most of the pictures. There are times that she seems more like she's overseeing than in fact having two photographers. I've also seen some not so great pictures from her. There's a bride on the Iberostar Beach pages a few pages back who was not really happy with her pictures. The bride blamed herself, but I just wondered whether the photographer who is actually capturing the moments are not also responsible.

 

I have only read a few things about Stacey Clarke but all were really positive.

 

Hope this helps.


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew girl from Petawawa to the resort and she took our pics in exchange of 5 day vacation. She did full coverage of the wedding and TTD next day. I paid 1290 and I got about 15G of pics to go through now. And she gave me all the raw and edited pics in 2 weeks after the wedding
 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post


who did you use for pics again? and what did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

 

and yes there is a $350 vendor fee at RUI. marcia said she covers it but stacey clarke doesnt mention it. so i emailed and asked her.



 

Thanks for the help..... i am so torn over what to do now.... i feel a little hopeless right now. i am trying to find all the research i did before but cant seem to so now i have to start from scratch.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie View Post

 

 

Boooooooo! to me being slow. Where did you purchase them if you don`t mind my asking. I figured I can find parasols in various colors in China Town, but the only place I`ve seen that has paper lanterns in Walmart, and it`s about 4.88 for 2.

 

 

 

We bought our Paper Lanterns from Asian ideas.  http://www.asianideas.com/lanterns2.html They have great prices, but they get you on the shipping/duty/taxes.  They turned out great and they had quite a few colours and sizes to choose from.  Sometimes certain colours are out of stock.  Just keep checking in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Krysta, 

I am sooo sorry you are going through this so close to the wedding... that is horrible... and i hope they get what is coming to them... that is aweful... but the brides on here are right.. it WILL work out for you!!!! 

I get married in one month.. and i am using Misha Earle.. she will work with your budget.. and she is absolutely amazing to work with so far.. her work is beautiful.. and she has a way to make you feel really comfortable etc... i am soo happy we picked her.. so maybe give her a try too!! she has a website... so google her :) 
 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

would any ladies that got married in Jamaica suggest their photogrpaher?? if so which one is he/she?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same Krysta...i brought my photog from Ottawa. Paid his way in exchange for wedding pics, TTD pics, and another random photo shoot for hubby and I. you may have luck with that as the winter is not as busy for photogs in Canada 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


wow! does she have a website??

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post

I flew girl from Petawawa to the resort and she took our pics in exchange of 5 day vacation. She did full coverage of the wedding and TTD next day. I paid 1290 and I got about 15G of pics to go through now. And she gave me all the raw and edited pics in 2 weeks after the wedding
 



 



 

thank you....it definetly sucks but i am trying to be positive....i will check her out for sure!
 

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Hi Krysta, 

I am sooo sorry you are going through this so close to the wedding... that is horrible... and i hope they get what is coming to them... that is aweful... but the brides on here are right.. it WILL work out for you!!!! 

I get married in one month.. and i am using Misha Earle.. she will work with your budget.. and she is absolutely amazing to work with so far.. her work is beautiful.. and she has a way to make you feel really comfortable etc... i am soo happy we picked her.. so maybe give her a try too!! she has a website... so google her :) 
 



 



 

that's is what i am hoping for! hopefully someone at a decent price is still available....
 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

I did the same Krysta...i brought my photog from Ottawa. Paid his way in exchange for wedding pics, TTD pics, and another random photo shoot for hubby and I. you may have luck with that as the winter is not as busy for photogs in Canada 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×