Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

so i would love to find a pair of heels in teal for the wedding pics and i mentioned it to my sister (who also got married in jamaica last year) and she made it seem like i was crazy because i wanted to buy shoes just for the pictures..... am i??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Heck no! I am wearing flat sandals with my dress for ceremony, reception basically the whole deal, but as a shoe obsessed individual I have picked up navy heels to take some pictures with (shoes showing obviously!)  You are totally not crazy!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

so i would love to find a pair of heels in teal for the wedding pics and i mentioned it to my sister (who also got married in jamaica last year) and she made it seem like i was crazy because i wanted to buy shoes just for the pictures..... am i??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



WOOOHOOO so exciting and i am commenting on it below LOL

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

Choose and ordered my dress today!!!!!!!! Can't post a pic yet since FI is sitting beside me, but had to share my excitement!!


 


you look amazing.....congrats on the weight loss. You will be a beautiful bride!...love the shoes!
 

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

dress small photo.png

This is it!  After a looong day of dress shopping, I finally made my choice.  Please try to squint and ignore a) my hair b)my akward face and pose (my mom wouldn't let me know when she was taking pics this is the best one, most are very akward and not postable lol... whatever happened to "1,2,3 cheese!!") and finally c) the dress doesnt fit yet. 

I've lost about 30lbs since September, and I plan to continue losing another 20 at least.  so I bought a size that is one size too small, and plan to have a corset back put in.  Now thats some motivation...right now my dress does not zip! eep.

But otherwise.... I am totally in love.  I knew it as soon as I looked in the mirror.  They say you will know...and up until now, I have found a lot of dresses that were fine, but just not really me.  I was so excited, that neither my mom or me checked the price before we placed the order.  The great news was, it was less than any of the other dresses in the running, some of the others were 2x the price.  So that worked out really nicely!!

 

Oh ya, and I also bought shoes! Maribelle, satin peep toe in Horizon blue with the most adorable bow!  yay!

shoes.png

 

 

 

 



 



YAY!!! sooo much fun! cant wait to hear all about it...perhaps on Monday since you might be recovering most of the day tomorrow LOL

Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post

Getting ready for my stag tonight!!! So excited!!!



 



NOT AT ALL!! Heels are sexy and the right heels that you are comfortable in will look amazing in pics with your wedding attire :) besides you could totally wear teal shoes again (if you need to justify it hahaha)

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

so i would love to find a pair of heels in teal for the wedding pics and i mentioned it to my sister (who also got married in jamaica last year) and she made it seem like i was crazy because i wanted to buy shoes just for the pictures..... am i??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ummmmm...no.

 

Here's my dilemma...I'm torn between wearing my heels around the house (they don't really need to be broken in, but I should probably practice prancing around in them!) and NOT wearing them so that I get the nicest pictures of them.  So I'm already planning for my heels to have their own photo shoot...you're not crazy!

 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

so i would love to find a pair of heels in teal for the wedding pics and i mentioned it to my sister (who also got married in jamaica last year) and she made it seem like i was crazy because i wanted to buy shoes just for the pictures..... am i??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Love you dress. so romantic looking .. you look fantastic! Congrats on your weight loss ... woohooo look at those nice shoulders!!!

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

dress small photo.png

This is it!  After a looong day of dress shopping, I finally made my choice.  Please try to squint and ignore a) my hair b)my akward face and pose (my mom wouldn't let me know when she was taking pics this is the best one, most are very akward and not postable lol... whatever happened to "1,2,3 cheese!!") and finally c) the dress doesnt fit yet. 

I've lost about 30lbs since September, and I plan to continue losing another 20 at least.  so I bought a size that is one size too small, and plan to have a corset back put in.  Now thats some motivation...right now my dress does not zip! eep.

But otherwise.... I am totally in love.  I knew it as soon as I looked in the mirror.  They say you will know...and up until now, I have found a lot of dresses that were fine, but just not really me.  I was so excited, that neither my mom or me checked the price before we placed the order.  The great news was, it was less than any of the other dresses in the running, some of the others were 2x the price.  So that worked out really nicely!!

 

Oh ya, and I also bought shoes! Maribelle, satin peep toe in Horizon blue with the most adorable bow!  yay!

shoes.png

 

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you!! and no i havent found any yet....i will definetly check these babies out!! I am having a hard time cause i am already 5'11 and my FI is 6'2 so i cant get super tall heels or i will really look like a giant!



 


thanks so much!! i  didnt really think i was crazy until she pointed it out cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post




NOT AT ALL!! Heels are sexy and the right heels that you are comfortable in will look amazing in pics with your wedding attire :) besides you could totally wear teal shoes again (if you need to justify it hahaha)



 



 


Thank you! you girls always make me feel better!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post


Ummmmm...no.

 

Here's my dilemma...I'm torn between wearing my heels around the house (they don't really need to be broken in, but I should probably practice prancing around in them!) and NOT wearing them so that I get the nicest pictures of them.  So I'm already planning for my heels to have their own photo shoot...you're not crazy!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Krysta,

I put a post to you earlier but it somehow didn't get posted. I too have teal as one of my colors. My sister thought it was crazy too to get teal shoes..oh well. I have included a couple links although Tori found some nice shoes. I got my teal shoes two weeks ago on Amazon. See below, they are Ivanka Trump. Amazon has quite a selection, thanks to someone on here that suggested I check out there. Paris Hilton also has two nice pairs of teal shoes. Beyond the rack has daily sales as you may know and there is one going on right now with two or three pairs of teal shoes! Good luck!

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ivanka-Trump-Womens-Sumi-Sandal/dp/B005034IIM  They often go on sale...

 

http://www.myshoes.com/paris-hilton/suarey/teal

 

http://myshoes.com/paris-hilton/charmed/teal

 

http://myshoes.com/paris-hilton/kara/teal/pumps

 

 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post


Thank you!! and no i havent found any yet....i will definetly check these babies out!! I am having a hard time cause i am already 5'11 and my FI is 6'2 so i cant get super tall heels or i will really look like a giant!



 


thanks so much!! i  didnt really think i was crazy until she pointed it out cheesy.gif



 


Thank you! you girls always make me feel better!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are all sooo nice!! unfortunately the ones i like (paris hilton ones) are 4"!!! grrr why dont they realise some of us girls are already super tall and make 1/2 size heels!! lol sory got a little outta control there! lol
 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post


Krysta,

I put a post to you earlier but it somehow didn't get posted. I too have teal as one of my colors. My sister thought it was crazy too to get teal shoes..oh well. I have included a couple links although Tori found some nice shoes. I got my teal shoes two weeks ago on Amazon. See below, they are Ivanka Trump. Amazon has quite a selection, thanks to someone on here that suggested I check out there. Paris Hilton also has two nice pairs of teal shoes. Beyond the rack has daily sales as you may know and there is one going on right now with two or three pairs of teal shoes! Good luck!

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ivanka-Trump-Womens-Sumi-Sandal/dp/B005034IIM  They often go on sale...

 

http://www.myshoes.com/paris-hilton/suarey/teal

 

http://myshoes.com/paris-hilton/charmed/teal

 

http://myshoes.com/paris-hilton/kara/teal/pumps

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×