Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hugs Tori!  Doesn't sound very fun right now for you.  Who said planning a destination wedding was easy? 

 

Do you have a contract with the resort?  If you do they may not be able to change prices/packages if you paid a deposit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Post pictures please! :)
 

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

I forgot to say my dress is finally in!!!  Yay!!  Super excited.  Going to visit and try it on again on Saturday!!  Yay!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's exciting! 
 

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

I forgot to say my dress is finally in!!!  Yay!!  Super excited.  Going to visit and try it on again on Saturday!!  Yay!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ladies!! I am actually surprising everyone I know and myself with how calm and matter of fact I am taking everything.  We have a problem we have to fix it, what is the point in stressing and being upset about it!  That being said, had everyone not have booked their trips based on the whole wedding thing I may be tempted to call off the DW! lol

I am more excited about the vacation!!!!!

 

On a side not, FI and I started Beachbody Insanity on Sunday and though I curse him and Sean T. (the instructor on the video) every morning WOW I am sure we are going to have our beach bodies by february if we can keep it up!!!!!! Any other Canadian brides tried or trying insanity?  Would love to hear what you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Tori,

 

Yeah, I've been doing insanity on and off. In my first three weeks I lost 15 pounds. Then I went on vacation, and its been hard to start back up again. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



hey Tori,

Sorry to hear about the bumps in the wedding planning road :( Planning a destination wedding is not easy, definitely not as easy as I expected anyhow! Good for you for staying calm :) I hope that when I hit my next bump in the road I too can stay calm! :)

I had never heard of beachbody insanity! I'm going to google it now! lol!! I want to start some kind of program, work has been so busy I haven't had any gym time but need to start something soon! :)

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Thanks ladies!! I am actually surprising everyone I know and myself with how calm and matter of fact I am taking everything.  We have a problem we have to fix it, what is the point in stressing and being upset about it!  That being said, had everyone not have booked their trips based on the whole wedding thing I may be tempted to call off the DW! lol

I am more excited about the vacation!!!!!

 

On a side not, FI and I started Beachbody Insanity on Sunday and though I curse him and Sean T. (the instructor on the video) every morning WOW I am sure we are going to have our beach bodies by february if we can keep it up!!!!!! Any other Canadian brides tried or trying insanity?  Would love to hear what you think?



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


15llbs!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! I don't even care about the # so much as the look and feel of my body.  I threw out our scale in our last move LOL your testimonial is motivation to drag myself to do it every morning!

Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

Hey Tori,

 

Yeah, I've been doing insanity on and off. In my first three weeks I lost 15 pounds. Then I went on vacation, and its been hard to start back up again. Good luck!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Brides!!!

 

Been a very busy and productive few days for me. 

Found a beautiful dress for my MOH in my area.  Purchased it from a Bridal Outlet location...regular $200 for $99.  Minimal alterations required and its the exact colour I was looking for!!!  We even found shoes!!!  So the money we saved from not having to travel to Southern Ontario to find a dress, went to a Victory Lunch that afternoon...LOL

 

Great find on Linen Pants for my teen son's at Target Apparel.  Suggested Retail...$85....their price...$59.99...reduced to $20.

 

My invitations arrived on Monday as well.  So pleased with how they turned out.  Today I concentrated on assembling the invites, addressing & getting them to the post office.  Well, I wasn't concentrating as much as I should have...after SEALING the ones to be mailed to addresses in Canada I realized I had forgotten to include the Vellum insert.   cry.gif   I was so determined to get them all mailed today I skipped a step.  Not easy for a perfectionist like myself to accept.  BUT, I took a deep breath....and I'm trying to figure out how to some way incorporate them into the ceremony or reception...perhaps tying them into a ceremony program.

 

So off to the post office I went.  Pleased I had accomplished what I set out to do.  Then...don't know what I was thinking....I didn't take into consideration the extra postage required for these bulky invites!!! BangHead.gif I had  personalized stamps made from a photo of my FI & I at Canada Post....it looked really sharp, but then the post lady wanted to slap on 4 extra stamps onto each envelope...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I had extra Will & Kate wedding stamps at the house that would look alot classier...I didn't care if I was then over in postage.  Back home I went with my invites....rolleyes.gif

 

I figure if that is all that does wrong in the next six months...I'll be a very happy bride. 

 

Cheers

cheers.gif

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tori- Sorry to hear you are having some rough times but I am sure everything will work out just fine! You should really check your computer to see if everything is there, that way if your missing something you have time to redo. If I can help with anything let me know! I too am looking forward to the vacation just as much or if not more then the wedding myself. FI and I were talking about it the other day and said we should have just eloped and had a big reception afterward. I have the beachbody insanity but haven't tried it yet, my FI and I started kickboxing classes last night and boy am I sore today lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×