Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Originally Posted by FireyNurse View Post

My hubby wore grey suit pants, a while dress shirt and a grey suit vest. His guys wore grey pants and purple dress shirts. We bought everything at Le Chateau! I don't know if they do linen stuff but for suiting they have lots! I have attached a pic of them in their stuff.

pardon the girlie scream but EEK! Love this!! And our colors and peacock related; purple and turqquoise - how wonderful would this be!

Love this idea. We need to check out Le Chateau, thank you!

Originally Posted by AD2012 View Post

My husband bought his suit for the wedding at Holt, he purchased a Z Zegna, and it did cost more than my wedding dress. It looked fantastic and is definintely a quality piece of clothing and it was quite light.  We went to Moores, Tip Top, Le Chateau, pretty much everywhere we thought we could find a suit without any luck. It was a little weird to think it would cost more than my dress, but he's  been able to wear the pants since for work or for nice dinner, so it is a lot more justifiable. We also found some nice suits at Simon in West Ed a couple weeks ago, if you're located in the Edmonton area. Not sure if it was mentioned already, but J Crew might have something as well.

Hey AD2012! I sure am in Edmonton, and good call about Simon and J Crew. I've written down le chateau etc as well. We haven't dared to step into Holt but several brides have now talked about Holt in some form or another so we may check it out! Thanks again!!!!

Hey AD2012! I sure am in Edmonton, and good call about Simon and J Crew. I've written down le chateau etc as well. We haven't dared to step into Holt but several brides have now talked about Holt in some form or another so we may check it out! Thanks again!!!!
We ordered all the men's suits from ZARA! Looked amazing! Pay the money to have a suit fitted. Worth the money 400

pardon the girlie scream but EEK! Love this!! And our colors and peacock related; purple and turqquoise - how wonderful would this be! Love this idea. We need to check out Le Chateau, thank you!
What a crazy coincidence!!! Our colours were not necessarily peacock themed intentionally but they were teal and purple!! Totally Crazy!! Just to show you how we incorporated the colours... (I love sharing because I did a ton of DIY stuff and was so proud of it all) Here were my shoes: 400 Our entire party: 400 (my girls' dresses were Henkaa convertible dresses) 400 400 400 Cheers!! Happy Planning!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes!!!!!!! Cute, yet sexy and you can wear them again. Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking? :)

What a crazy coincidence!!! Our colours were not necessarily peacock themed intentionally but they were teal and purple!! Totally Crazy!!

Just to show you how we incorporated the colours... (I love sharing because I did a ton of DIY stuff and was so proud of it all)

Here were my shoes:

Our entire party:
400 (my girls' dresses were Henkaa convertible dresses)

Cheers!! Happy Planning!

FireyNurse, I see you were married at the end of November.  How was the weather while you were down there?  I've heard that it gets quite cool? Thanks!
We have been to the Mayan Riviera every year for three years at the end of Nov/beginning of December and part of the reason we continue to go is because the weather is great! Not sure where you are from but I'm guessing its in Canada? The temperatures for our wedding trip were in the high 20's daily, it was cloudy and rained the evening before our wedding (yup I almost had a heart attack lol) but for the entire two weeks that was only one of two times it rained. I never wear pants there and haven't needed a jacket or sweater when I'm there. To me it is warm (anything is warmer than Calgary lol) but yes, it is a teeny bit cooler in the evenings, although it's a nice break from the hot daytime temps!

We have been to the Mayan Riviera every year for three years at the end of Nov/beginning of December and part of the reason we continue to go is because the weather is great! Not sure where you are from but I'm guessing its in Canada? The temperatures for our wedding trip were in the high 20's daily, it was cloudy and rained the evening before our wedding (yup I almost had a heart attack lol) but for the entire two weeks that was only one of two times it rained. I never wear pants there and haven't needed a jacket or sweater when I'm there. To me it is warm (anything is warmer than Calgary lol) but yes, it is a teeny bit cooler in the evenings, although it's a nice break from the hot daytime temps!

Yes, I am from Ontario.  I'm glad to hear your weather was so great.  I have gone at the end of May the last two years, and this past year I also went in the middle of September.  All 3 times were HOT!  Anything in the 20's sounds perfect :)  Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

pardon the girlie scream but EEK! Love this!! And our colors and peacock related; purple and turqquoise - how wonderful would this be!

Love this idea. We need to check out Le Chateau, thank you!

We bought ours from Le Chateau at West Ed. My fiance will wear the light gray linen suit and the groomsmen will wear the gray linen pants and vest with coral ties. I LOVE the suits. So sharp and very reasonably priced. The pants were $89.95, Vest $79.95 and the blazer was $175.00.  :)