Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

At La Senza I got these bra cups that are sticky and you just stick them on your breasts and they hold very well.  You just lift your boob up with your hand and stick it on.  So basically you adjust the cleavage :) 

(The one on the right is what I have)

and here is me wearing it with a shirt with an open back, holds the girls pretty good and it is comfortable :)

I was going to get this bra and the girl told me hers didn't stick. I ended up going to Victoria Secret and buying a $70 bra instead. I like the idea of the sticky cups much better.

Did you buy the pre-made ones. I just can't imagine paying the prizes to have someone make them and I have made something I like. We have spent a lot of money on shipping items and at this point, I do not want to spend any more money (especially not on shipping). While I was looked on the internet the other day about this topic I found some info on another forum that suggested using clip on earing clips. I think I will do that as I can't find these anywhere locally. Thank goodness for Michaels coupons! I know this is completey off topic, but I wouldn't want anyone to have the experience I have had with picaboo. So I got boudoir pics done as a surprise for by fiance (to give him before the wedding). Anyways, the pictures turned out good and I had a groupon for picaboo (BAD CHOICE). I ordered the book and on the very first page there are ugly marks that look like water marks. I should note that the book I ordered is regular $60 (thank goodness I didn't pay that). So I contacted picaboo and they sent me a new one, same problem. Contacted them again, figured out it was an issue with the background, so fixed that and they sent it again. So just last week I got the 3rd book in the mail and the first page is now good, but there are ink drops throughout the ENTIRE BOOK! I was so angry and contacted them immediately. I demanded they have someone quality control the book before they mail me another one as I now have 3 books I can't do anything with. They agreed to do this, but in my opinion this is completely ridiculous. If they had quality control on the books in the first place, then we wouldn't have this problem. This was the first time I used picaboo and definately will be the last. Another thing is that each time I talked to customer service they had to view the project again, so who knows how many ppl have seen these pictures by now!. So frustrating. So just wanted to say save yourself the hassle! On a positive note though, I really like the layflat pages. If anyone has suggestions of a photobook site that offers this and have positive feedback I would love the suggestions. I really want to have a photobook with layflat pages for our wedding album.
I just ordered by photo book from blacks.ca. At least I know they are a reputable company, I just didn't feel comfortable talking the chance with an online business . They are having a sale on photo books until February 10th,and I'm sure they have the layflat option. My photo book came to about $30 for a 5x7 hardcover book with 27 pages. I just used their online tool to create the book, which seemed to have another of options and was pretty easy to use. I didn't pay shipping because I'm picking it up from the store. I figure if there are any issues with the book once received I can at, east take it back to the store, talk with a real person, and show them my problem. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by philanab View Post

I just ordered by photo book from blacks.ca. At least I know they are a reputable company, I just didn't feel comfortable talking the chance with an online business . They are having a sale on photo books until February 10th,and I'm sure they have the layflat option. My photo book came to about $30 for a 5x7 hardcover book with 27 pages. I just used their online tool to create the book, which seemed to have another of options and was pretty easy to use. I didn't pay shipping because I'm picking it up from the store. I figure if there are any issues with the book once received I can at, east take it back to the store, talk with a real person, and show them my problem. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That is a pretty good price, too.

Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron View Post

Dazeydawl,

I don't know if you are flying with Sunwing (I am).  I have heard they have overhead bins reserved for wedding dresses!  That is what I am doing!

I flew Sunwing and I carried on my dress along with another bride on my flight. They didn't have a bin reserved for brides dresses and the other girl flipped out! Which was odd since she had a thin "destination" dress and I had a bigger traditional dress. We ended up just laying them flat in a large bin and other people had to put their carry on on top. The flight attendants refused to let her use "their" closet. My dress was fine when we arrived, so don't stress but don't expect special service! Sunwing is far from "great" service!!!

Originally Posted by alirea View Post

Hey I was just referred to this site. I am looking for winter 2014 for this Canadian bride!

Anyone have and good reviews on resorts in DR or Mexico ?

We loved the El Dorado resort in the Mayan of Mexico! Highly recommend them for service, food, weddings and location. They have family resorts too called Azul (El Dorado's are adults only)

I can definitely back up that El Dorado resorts are amazing.  Though I haven't attended a wedding there, the resorts are the BEST I have ever been to.  Amazing food, amazing service, beautiful grounds.  My Fiance and I are going to have our second week at the El Dorado Maroma and I cannot wait!

Hey ladies, If anyone is looking for a little extra "boost" in their strapless dresses... La Vie En Rose (outlet) has all of their "inserts" marked down to $0.99  PLUS 30% off.  They had silicone ones, bead ones and fabric ones!  Some of them are $20, regular price. 
That's a fabulous price! I don't usually use 'boosters' but my dress had no bra built in as I didn't really need one, but I did want to have some more cleavage up higher than my dress was making it so I bought two sizes of microfibre pillow type thingies for the wedding day and they worked perfect! Stayed put in my dress without an issue and made everything look great! They do absorb sweat though and that is a bit gross at the end of the night but they can be washed and air dried.