Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Originally Posted by seatkins22 View Post

Any advice from brides who have booked package from Signature Vacations??

I just found out from our TA that our Sunwing departure flight has been rescheduled and will be leaving 8 hrs later!!  This means we will be missing the entire first day at the resort because we were supposed to be in Cancun at 9am and now it's 7:30pm.  I have a lot of unhappy guests at this point and apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.  No financial compensation has been offered at all. 

We are also doing a legal ceremony and will barely be in the country long enough for the requirements.

This package deal was booked through Signature vacations and my TA sold it on the fact that we get an extra day - now we don't and people are unhappy. 

Usually when you get to the resort late in the day you also leave the resort late in the day when you return.  For example our flight we arrive in Punta at 5pm, but we don't depart back to Toronto until 6:20 on our last day.  So we get the full day on our last day.  

Other vacations I've been on we have left at 6am and arrive around 10am, and depart on our last day very early in the morning as well, leaving the resort at 8am or sometimes earlier ... so you miss the entire last day.

I just found out from our TA that our Sunwing departure flight has been rescheduled and will be leaving 8 hrs later!!  This means we will be missing the entire first day at the resort because we were supposed to be in Cancun at 9am and now it's 7:30pm.  I have a lot of unhappy guests at this point and apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.  No financial compensation has been offered at all. 

We are also doing a legal ceremony and will barely be in the country long enough for the requirements.

This package deal was booked through Signature vacations and my TA sold it on the fact that we get an extra day - now we don't and people are unhappy. 

mail in your COMPLAINTS!! Be non stop with them and talk about how you'll never book with Sunwing again. You likely can't get anything for this trip but you'll probably get a nice credit towards your next pkg. 

Decor advice needed. Help pls!!

Ok so if my colour scheme is grey and fuchsia, how far exactly do we carry this theme?

Reason I ask is this. Was just checking out the linentablecloth website and had an idea to get fuschia napkins for the tables. My tablecloth is a dark grey ( i think gun metal when i think of the colour) and I figure this could add a pop of colour to it. My centrepiece is a cylinder vase with pink sunken orchids. and then I have two or three tealights around the vase.

Other decor includes paper lanterns in fuchsia, white and grey. and that's really it. It's an outdoor reception which may be under a tent depending on weather.

What do u guys thinks? White or fuschia napkins on the grey tablecloth? Thanks in advance for your help. 

The same thing is happening with us and Air Canada Vacations. 

I guess I will start emailing too.

Decor advice needed. Help pls!! Ok so if my colour scheme is grey and fuchsia, how far exactly do we carry this theme? Reason I ask is this. Was just checking out the linentablecloth website and had an idea to get fuschia napkins for the tables. My tablecloth is a dark grey ( i think gun metal when i think of the colour) and I figure this could add a pop of colour to it. My centrepiece is a cylinder vase with pink sunken orchids. and then I have two or three tealights around the vase. Other decor includes paper lanterns in fuchsia, white and grey. and that's really it. It's an outdoor reception which may be under a tent depending on weather. What do u guys thinks? White or fuschia napkins on the grey tablecloth? Thanks in advance for your help. 
I would definitely do fuschia napkins on the grey tablecloth! That would look really nice and better than white

The same thing is happening with us and Air Canada Vacations.  I guess I will start emailing too.
Hey Peach! Ya my ACV flights changed as well. And apparently there's no executive class on the flight so we won't get an upgrade. It's a total bummer and I wish they would still give us extra baggage allowance or something. What about your flight? Are there any perks for the bride and groom?

The same thing is happening with us and Air Canada Vacations.  I guess I will start emailing too.
Hey Peach! Ya my ACV flights changed as well. And apparently there's no executive class on the flight so we won't get an upgrade. It's a total bummer and I wish they would still give us extra baggage allowance or something. What about your flight? Are there any perks for the bride and groom?

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

There are only perks if we book more than a certain amount (20 I think) and we won't make that number I don't think. I would love to get bumped up because of the changes though, so I will cross my fingers for that. Extra baggage would be a great bonus. Hopefully you get it!