Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

You are gonna have a blast! Words of wisdom: recruit some of your BMs to help with the bags. I felt sorta guilty after the long flight to get down there, so I didn't ask them for help. My DH and I did them all ourselves and boy, was it frustrating! He was not a happy camper since all of our friends were by the pool drinking, and I had to listen to him whining and complaining. Such a baby! It took a couple of hours. Grab a few people to make the process faster :) - Oh, and he kept getting things messed up (pashminas in guys bags, etc), so I had to go back and fix things anyways... MEN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Oh, they look awesome!  And they made me tear up a bit...probably because it's almost my time to go.  One week from right now we should be unpacking our bags in Mexico and assembling the welcome kits at the resort : )

Your pictures are amazing!! I love love love the sunset picture.

Just a question, were your BMs fans of Ravon dresses? I was considering convertible dresses too bc they seem quite trendy nowadays and its also a nice little dress that they can wear after the wedding. There are a few brands out there but one of my girlfriend who just got married, complained that the Ravon dresses were a bit stiff and not that flattering for pictures.

I got my dresses at Henkaa in Toronto for my wedding and we booked an appt at their store, their stylists were super helpful. I was worried that I would have the same issue but the staff encouraged us to take pictures and have fun while trying different colours. Plus the pictures turned out great, I bought one on my own to test out the dress in different lighting and it is so perfect. I saw the Henkaa photos on their website (www.henkaa.com) and saw that they have worked well with other destination weddings, as mine will be coming up in late May. 

If any of you ladies are looking for convertible dress options for your BMs, I highly recommend Henkaa!!

I am a bridesmaid this time around and I was wondering, if you tried this dress with bra. Looks like wearing it with bra will eliminate lots of styles. What do u think?

Originally Posted by love my shoes View Post

Your pictures are amazing!! I love love love the sunset picture.

Just a question, were your BMs fans of Ravon dresses? I was considering convertible dresses too bc they seem quite trendy nowadays and its also a nice little dress that they can wear after the wedding. There are a few brands out there but one of my girlfriend who just got married, complained that the Ravon dresses were a bit stiff and not that flattering for pictures.

I got my dresses at Henkaa in Toronto for my wedding and we booked an appt at their store, their stylists were super helpful. I was worried that I would have the same issue but the staff encouraged us to take pictures and have fun while trying different colours. Plus the pictures turned out great, I bought one on my own to test out the dress in different lighting and it is so perfect. I saw the Henkaa photos on their website (www.henkaa.com) and saw that they have worked well with other destination weddings, as mine will be coming up in late May. 

If any of you ladies are looking for convertible dress options for your BMs, I highly recommend Henkaa!!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Ladies,

So we got back last week from our wedding! Sadly here in Alberta it has been -40 degrees with the wind chill...crazy! Our wedding was amazing! We were a bit worried the day of the wedding when I woke up in pain...I had to eventually start antibiotics for an infection.

The sky cleared and the sun was shining for our ceremony. Our photographers from outside the resort, Photos in Cancun took over 1600 photos and they gave us the cd's that night!! We now are narrowing it down to 250 that they will edit for us! We also got 50 other prints and a CD from the resort photographer. Below are a few of my favorite photos.

I will still be on here likely trying to sell some wedding things. I just wanted to thank all of my fellow Canadian brides for all of your support, ideas and just your thoughts throughout the last year or so. I hope all of you upcoming brides have an incredible day, week and honeymoon. Take as many personal photos as you can so you can look back and remember the fun moments you had with friends, family and of course, each other!

Beautiful photos!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM FREAKIN OUT!!!!

so my wedding is less than 3 months away and i go on fb today and see a post on my home page for my photographer that says:

JUST TO BE CLEAR....

ROBERT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO DO ANY PHOTO SHOOTS,ALL BOOKINGS THAT WERE MADE ARE PROMPTLY CANCELLED,INCLUDING WEDDING SHOOTS. FUTURE BOOKINGS WILL NOT BE MADE.

WEDDING BOOKINGS PLEASE CALL ME AT OUR HOME NUMBER WHICH WAS PROVIDED TO YOU AT CONSULTATION.

ALL IS WELL,THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS.ROBERT IS AWAY AND I AM UNSURE OF HIS RETURN DATE,IT MAY BE SEVERAL MONTHS TO A YEAR.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES AS THE WILL NOT BE RETURNED.

HOPEFULLY HE WILL BE BACK SOONER THAN LATER,I KNOW WE ALL MISS HIM.

LINDA BRADLEY

WTF WTF WTF!!! i am freaking out!! i tried to call and just got an answering machine and then i sent a FB msg..... what am i gonna do if they arent coming???!!!?!?! i feel like i am going to be sick.....

We flew a photographer down with us. We loved his work and he was super easy to work with. His name is Taylor Jackson, based out of Kitchner, ON.

http://www.taylorjacksonphoto.com/

You must be super frustrated, but I know you and your FI will figure it out. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Hi ladies,

Our photog just posted some pics on his blog. Check em out if you'd like! Anyone looking for a photog in the Mayan, I highly recommend Sascha.

http://cancunphotosblog.com/amanda-dylan/

Love that hotel! So much fun and it looks like you guys had a great party! Congrats :)

Hi Manda123

Can you direct me to where exactly you posted your items.  I've been searching but not having much luck.

Thanks

Norma

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

I posted some leftover OOT stuff in the for sale conference if anyone is interested! Bags, lanyards and keycard holders. Would prefer to sell to a Canadian bride... Maybe I can help someone save on shipping and duty :)

So even better....i had to order them seperately to get the deal but they shipped them all together to me so i emailed them asking why i paid seperate shipping if they send them all together and they credited me the $ back!!!

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post

These are great! I keep getting offers from Vistaprint since I used them for my STDs - may have to do something like this :)

Good idea doing a few seperate orders to get them all free :)

Wow, really? I should do that! It has happened to me before, too, and I didn't even think to email about it. Excellent!

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

So even better....i had to order them seperately to get the deal but they shipped them all together to me so i emailed them asking why i paid seperate shipping if they send them all together and they credited me the $ back!!!

they are really great about refunds. they ask no questions and never try to mess around when you are unhappy. they just refund! when i ordered a "future Mrs" tshirt it shows the writing in turquoise but when it came in it was a dark blue. i was not happy cause if it wasnt turquoise i would have ordered pink. and they didnt just refund me what i paid (2.99) but the whole amount (12.99)!!

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

Wow, really? I should do that! It has happened to me before, too, and I didn't even think to email about it. Excellent!