Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Wow! It's here already! Hope you have an amazing time!

Can't wait to see your pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post

So ladies, This is it :D We are leaving tomorrow. I am sure I will pop in on here while we are travelling (It is hard to stay away) But anyways, if I won;t come here again till after the wedding. Merry Xmas to everyone and happy planning :D

Safe travels and have an amazing time!!!!! Can't wait to see pics :)

So ladies, This is it :D We are leaving tomorrow. I am sure I will pop in on here while we are travelling (It is hard to stay away) But anyways, if I won;t come here again till after the wedding. Merry Xmas to everyone and happy planning :D

Have an amazing time Kat! And a great Christmas! I can't wait to see photos.

Hi Ladies, I wanted to share with you some of my planning for my wedding, and since we are Canadian, I can tell you where I got a lot of my things. 

We got married at the Melia Cabo Real.  All I can say about this resort is that it is AMAZING!!!!  From the moment we got there to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty.  

We got an upgrade from the hotel to a premium suite because we had booked 25 rooms.  All together, there was 47 people who attended our wedding.  

So from the beginning....

We got our invitations done by a friend of ours who owns a letterpress company.  Our theme was lavender. 

Rosemary-Lavender-Letterpress-Wedding-Invitations.jpg

They were printed on a pearl paper, and the colours were really simple, purple and green. 

My Dress

My FI and I were in NYC and we went to the Monique Lhuillier boutique.  I got fitted for the Scarlet dress and fell in LOVE WITH IT.  But we couldn't afford the price tag. (5200USD).  So I was determined to find a knock off dress.  Instead I found www.recycledbride.com.  I got a used dress from there for less than a third of the price.  I got it for 1500USD, but it was two sizes too big, so I got it taken in, which was another 150.00.  It was perfect.  I didn't like the traditional veil idea, so I made a birdcage veil. (more on that later.)

ML

For the birdcage veil...

It was really easy to make...

I bought a headband from Clair's.  (It was 8.50)

headband

And what I did was I hot glued french netting that I got from Dressew (or any fabric store) for 5.00.   It is easy to do.  If you have a square piece, you can fold it in half on the diagonal.  Then what you do is take the unfinished edges, and on one of the sides, you can attach jewels or just minute dabs of glue (I used the glue), and on the other unfinished side you hot glue the edge to the headband.  

netting.jpg

For Shoes: I got a pair of Louboutin's from Recycledbride.com.  The original price for the louboutin's was 600USD.  I got them for 225USD, and they were a perfect fit.   They are the bridal Louboutin's that have the crystals on the back and heel. 

shoes.jpg

For the Reception, we got a short dress.  It was the best thing I could do, because it was perfect!!!! I got this at Target down in Bellingham for 30.00USD.  

short dress.jpg

For the centrepieces for the wedding, we used Mason Jars.  When we got down to Cabo, there were several big box stores.  We got our masson jars at Walmart.  We pre made the burlap covers, each was a piece of burlap with a button in the middle.  We got the idea from Etsy.  

Here is kind of what the idea is....we didn't have the heart, just a button. 

burlap .jpg

And when we got there, all we had to do was put the burlap around the mason jars and put flowers in.  Here was the inspiration for that. 

Lavender-Mason-6.jpg

For the sashes and the tables, we went to the fabric store and got some fabric that was high quality polyester. (mostly because we could leave them there, and not worry about getting them back.)

For the wedding we made our sashes and then used them as table runners.  It was really easy.  We basically sewed them.  In total it cost about 100.00 in fabric and took about 7 hours to sew them.  We basically then got the coordinator to take them off the chairs and use them as table runners.  They were able to do that while we were getting our portraits done.   We didn't worry too much about the runners being the exact size so that they would go to the ground like on the photo....we guestimated and it worked out really well.  We got them to 1/2 way down the table.  Added to the rustic look with the mason jars and lavender. 

table runner.jpg

My FI and groomsmen basically went in linen pants and white shirts.  Good thing too, because it was HOT HOT HOT and HUMID.  For my bridesmaids and MOH, we basically let them choose the dress they wanted to wear.  The only ask was that it was a shade of purple or lavender, and it was a short one. 

All in all, it was a really laid back event, and the planning part of it was really easy.  

Hi Ladies, I wanted to share with you some of my planning for my wedding, and since we are Canadian, I can tell you where I got a lot of my things. 

We got married at the Melia Cabo Real.  All I can say about this resort is that it is AMAZING!!!!  From the moment we got there to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty.  

We got an upgrade from the hotel to a premium suite because we had booked 25 rooms.  All together, there was 47 people who attended our wedding.  

So from the beginning....

We got our invitations done by a friend of ours who owns a letterpress company.  Our theme was lavender. 

Rosemary-Lavender-Letterpress-Wedding-Invitations.jpg

They were printed on a pearl paper, and the colours were really simple, purple and green. 

My Dress

My FI and I were in NYC and we went to the Monique Lhuillier boutique.  I got fitted for the Scarlet dress and fell in LOVE WITH IT.  But we couldn't afford the price tag. (5200USD).  So I was determined to find a knock off dress.  Instead I found www.recycledbride.com.  I got a used dress from there for less than a third of the price.  I got it for 1500USD, but it was two sizes too big, so I got it taken in, which was another 150.00.  It was perfect.  I didn't like the traditional veil idea, so I made a birdcage veil. (more on that later.)

ML

For the birdcage veil...

It was really easy to make...

I bought a headband from Clair's.  (It was 8.50)

headband

And what I did was I hot glued french netting that I got from Dressew (or any fabric store) for 5.00.   It is easy to do.  If you have a square piece, you can fold it in half on the diagonal.  Then what you do is take the unfinished edges, and on one of the sides, you can attach jewels or just minute dabs of glue (I used the glue), and on the other unfinished side you hot glue the edge to the headband.  

netting.jpg

For Shoes: I got a pair of Louboutin's from Recycledbride.com.  The original price for the louboutin's was 600USD.  I got them for 225USD, and they were a perfect fit.   They are the bridal Louboutin's that have the crystals on the back and heel. 

shoes.jpg

For the Reception, we got a short dress.  It was the best thing I could do, because it was perfect!!!! I got this at Target down in Bellingham for 30.00USD.  

short dress.jpg

For the centrepieces for the wedding, we used Mason Jars.  When we got down to Cabo, there were several big box stores.  We got our masson jars at Walmart.  We pre made the burlap covers, each was a piece of burlap with a button in the middle.  We got the idea from Etsy.  

Here is kind of what the idea is....we didn't have the heart, just a button. 

burlap .jpg

And when we got there, all we had to do was put the burlap around the mason jars and put flowers in.  Here was the inspiration for that. 

Lavender-Mason-6.jpg

For the sashes and the tables, we went to the fabric store and got some fabric that was high quality polyester. (mostly because we could leave them there, and not worry about getting them back.)

For the wedding we made our sashes and then used them as table runners.  It was really easy.  We basically sewed them.  In total it cost about 100.00 in fabric and took about 7 hours to sew them.  We basically then got the coordinator to take them off the chairs and use them as table runners.  They were able to do that while we were getting our portraits done.   We didn't worry too much about the runners being the exact size so that they would go to the ground like on the photo....we guestimated and it worked out really well.  We got them to 1/2 way down the table.  Added to the rustic look with the mason jars and lavender. 

table runner.jpg

My FI and groomsmen basically went in linen pants and white shirts.  Good thing too, because it was HOT HOT HOT and HUMID.  For my bridesmaids and MOH, we basically let them choose the dress they wanted to wear.  The only ask was that it was a shade of purple or lavender, and it was a short one. 

All in all, it was a really laid back event, and the planning part of it was really easy.  

So exciting!!! Congrats and have an amazing time! Merry Christmas to you too!

SO Exciting!!!! Congrats and cant wait to see pics and hear all about it

safe travels