Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

There are a few ways you can do that,

You can ask what kind of deal they can offer to you,

or what you can do is to call same chain stores and ask what they can do if you will come and buy some specific ring (you should know what ring you want first).

What I did with my wedding band was I found the ring that I wanted and then called store in bayshore mall in ottawa and ask what kind of deal they can give me if I will come to buy in the next few hours, she said taxes, I was like alright I am going to call other stores and see what they can offer me and if your offer is the best I will call you back, lady said that this offer is the best because her manager is there and no other store can give better offer. I did not believe her, so I called store in St. Laurent mall and asked what they can do, lady said 15%, I asked her to see if she can do any better and that i will come right away and also purchase extra warranty for 70$. She checked with her boss and told me that she can give me 20%. I asked her to put that ring aside and that I am coming. I went there and got it with 20% off and warranty. Warranty is great thing to buy, specially if you get white gold ring. It covers sizing, rhodium plating, soldering, redoing your tips and other things for life. If I will get my white gold rhodium plated once to make it look all nice and shiny it would cost me 40$, so if I would do it twice it already be worth it.

I hope it helps!  

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

That is too bad, but there is definitely not much time left before your wedding.

Costco carries very nice diamond jewellery and quality of stones and work is amazing and it is very hard to beat their prices.

http://www.costco.ca/Common/Category.aspx?ec=BCCA-EC10464-Cat1278&pos=7&whse=BCCA&topnav=&cat=22550&eCat=BCCA|108|1278|22550&lang=en-CA check it out. They have some nice platinum wedding bands. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Well ladies, I took all of your advice and went and shopped around this afternoon and some big chain jewellery stores at the mall to see if I can get a better deal for my wedding band. Believe it or not, I couldn't find a store that actually carried platinum bands! They said they could order any style in platinum, but because of the shape of my rings, they'd have to have it custom made, and there just isn't enough time to do it before my wedding. I figure that by the time they would design it and such, it would probably be just as much as my original band - or more!

So - I think I'm going to scrap the jacket band and get a single band for now, and maybe for our first anniversary I can get the matching band that goes around the other side :)

Thanks for all of your advice!

i dont think you have to set it up, i never did it was just there one day lol look online (easy web) and look into do a transfer...it should say something about an e-transfer

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

In Saskatoon...p.s., this whole paying thru your e-mail address is totally foreign to me...would I set that up with my bank (TD)?

alright ladies, so after a very long day and night doing xmas shopping and well of course OOT/wedding shopping...and after (BUT OF COURSE) you will never guess what just opened up in London..... A DOLLAR TREE!!!!!!!! OMG shut up i know, this means i dont have to order online..i can go right down the street a little and there it is.

I had to share with you guys as soon as i saw it i told my FSIL that i had to tell my brides lol  yep i thaught of all of you first lol how funny is that!!!!

for the wedding purchases, i scored huge. i will post pics and stuff tomorrow right now im going to put my feet up and have a glass of wine, been at this since 11am its now 10:35pm lol

so, before i hit the sack due to shopping overload... lol i had to tell you ladies that i finishes three of my travel mugs tonight...BRIDE/GROOM/and MAN OF HONOR, i will post pics tomorrow. But  dollaramma has them on right now for 2.00 in black and silver, purplish blue, and red and silver..they are stainless

oh and they also have ADVIL tubes 10count for 2.00

Can't wait to see your purchases! I hear that there is a Dollar Tree in New Market which is about an hour and 20 min from me, so I may just have to check it out!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

alright ladies, so after a very long day and night doing xmas shopping and well of course OOT/wedding shopping...and after (BUT OF COURSE) you will never guess what just opened up in London..... A DOLLAR TREE!!!!!!!! OMG shut up i know, this means i dont have to order online..i can go right down the street a little and there it is.

I had to share with you guys as soon as i saw it i told my FSIL that i had to tell my brides lol  yep i thaught of all of you first lol how funny is that!!!!

for the wedding purchases, i scored huge. i will post pics and stuff tomorrow right now im going to put my feet up and have a glass of wine, been at this since 11am its now 10:35pm lol

Michcraw - Have an amazing time!!  My fingers are crossed for you for nice weather!!  Can't wait to hear all about it when you come back.

After everyone talking so much about wedding rings, FI and I went out yesterday and got ours. Yay!!  There was a 30% sale.  I love sales!!  Mine has been sent off for sizing and should get back next week.  Of course, FI's ring was the right size so he got to keep his.

Thanks Norma! My mom actually got in touch with a travel agent she knew. I had no idea she even knew a travel agent lol

Anyway the TA my mom called managed to get us a great deal. Instead of $1365 we're now paying $1148 YAY!!!!!!

Only issue is we have to pay in full by December 20th thatswck.gif

Originally Posted by Butterfly67 View Post

Welcome!!!

We chose the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana because we became engaged there love.gif

This, plus actually being able to experience the resort made our decision very easy. 

I just took a quick look at the package pricing on both resorts...and WOW...they have really jumped in price since we booked (back in June).  I hope they come down in price so you are able to go with your desired location.  But if not...your day will still be perfect, because you'll be with your man, family and friends...and thats all what matters when it comes down to it.  Keep us posted on how things go.

Norma 

Quote:

I'm having the same issue. We only have 18 people attending. We intentionally wanted to keep it small with immediate family only. I know we will do the cocktail hour and the reception at one of the restaurants at the hotel but I'm stuck as to what to do after that. Let me know what you decide.

Originally Posted by kristinalilly View Post

Hey all new brides/brides to be. Seems like you guys have some great ideas and it's nice to get advice from other Canadians!
I'm getting married in Mexico next summer and am now starting to think about details. We're having a smaller wedding as people are traveling from Australia to attend. There are only 13 people plus my fiance and I and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar sized wedding and could offer me some tips.
We're planning on doing the cocktail hour and dinner reception, but it seems silly to get a dj for just 15 people. Any advice on balancing a small group, but still having it feel like a wedding would be appreciated!