Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Oh wow...every time one of you posts a message like this, my first thought is "another one bites the dust"...heehee! ; )  And my turn is coming...two months from today is our wedding day!

Seriously though, have a fantastic holiday and a beautiful wedding...we will be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear/see how everything went!

Originally Posted by MichCraw View Post

So here is my last post before I head off tomorrow morning to Punta Cana, thank you for those that took the time to help me out, and those that took the time to respond to my many different questions. You've been very helpful and I will be sure to post when I get back from the honeymoon. Think good thoughts for good weather on the 7th of December, I would really love for it to be a sunny beautiful day! I'm so excited!!!

Haha I love you comment about "another one bites the dust"! Too funny, but true lol

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Oh wow...every time one of you posts a message like this, my first thought is "another one bites the dust"...heehee! ; )  And my turn is coming...two months from today is our wedding day!

Seriously though, have a fantastic holiday and a beautiful wedding...we will be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear/see how everything went!

Congrats! Hope you have a FABULOUS time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Originally Posted by MichCraw View Post

So here is my last post before I head off tomorrow morning to Punta Cana, thank you for those that took the time to help me out, and those that took the time to respond to my many different questions. You've been very helpful and I will be sure to post when I get back from the honeymoon. Think good thoughts for good weather on the 7th of December, I would really love for it to be a sunny beautiful day! I'm so excited!!!

Girls, I need some help...

I'm just in the process of sorting and organizing wedding stuff...and I already have a stack of stuff to sell that I won't be using.  I'm thinking I'll start local and put stuff up on Kijiji.  But if I put stuff up for sale on BDW, what is the easiest way to move funds from buyer to seller here in Canada.  I don't want to do anything where there would be additional costs for me or the buyer.  I would just like to recoup my $ + shipping costs.

k so if you have anything OOT IM IN IM IN IM IN lol

but to be honest, the best way is to do e-transfers, its a transfer to your account through your email address....i do them all the time way better than pay pal for us canadians. BUT SERIOUS what do you have? PM me with your list lmao

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Girls, I need some help...

I'm just in the process of sorting and organizing wedding stuff...and I already have a stack of stuff to sell that I won't be using.  I'm thinking I'll start local and put stuff up on Kijiji.  But if I put stuff up for sale on BDW, what is the easiest way to move funds from buyer to seller here in Canada.  I don't want to do anything where there would be additional costs for me or the buyer.  I would just like to recoup my $ + shipping costs.

Ok ok...I'll keep working on stuff here and post some pics and a list by the end of the night.  Are you in Regina?  I could very easily get stuff to you my dear! ; )

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

but to be honest, the best way is to do e-transfers, its a transfer to your account through your email address....i do them all the time way better than pay pal for us canadians. BUT SERIOUS what do you have? PM me with your list lmao

In Saskatoon...p.s., this whole paying thru your e-mail address is totally foreign to me...would I set that up with my bank (TD)?

im not, im back in london ontario however the FI is still out there!! where are you?

Hi Kristina,

We are getting married in the Mayan in January and there are only going to be 13 of us in total. We aren't getting a DJ for the same reason. What we are doing is having a cocktail reception at 5:30, our wedding is at 4:00 (photos right after) Dinner at 6:00 or 6:30. We have a mariachi band included in our package so we are going to get them to come to the beginning of our dinner. We are going to have maracas at each place setting so I am hoping everyone gets up and dances a bit to the music. After dinner, we are going to check out the disco...if it isn't happening i know there is a piano bar at the resort so we may just end the night there. We put together a good pre wedding package if info for the resort and area that I will soon post on here with photos. But I would be happy to share it with you. Secrets resorts and Dreams resorts are owned by the same company and we stayed right by the Secrets Capri I think two years ago. It was a gorgeous resort. I am sure your resort will be amazing! We are getting married at Dreams tulum.

Originally Posted by kristinalilly View Post

Hey all new brides/brides to be. Seems like you guys have some great ideas and it's nice to get advice from other Canadians!
I'm getting married in Mexico next summer and am now starting to think about details. We're having a smaller wedding as people are traveling from Australia to attend. There are only 13 people plus my fiance and I and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar sized wedding and could offer me some tips.
We're planning on doing the cocktail hour and dinner reception, but it seems silly to get a dj for just 15 people. Any advice on balancing a small group, but still having it feel like a wedding would be appreciated!

Kristina,

I forgot to mention that we're bringing our laptop and speakers so we can play music at dinner, (our reception is poolside) and we are allowed music.

We are going to have a first dance and possibly a couple others but I heard from past DT brides that you don't need to book a dance floor for a little

dancing. They charge you 750$ for the dance floor! Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Kristina,

We are getting married in the Mayan in January and there are only going to be 13 of us in total. We aren't getting a DJ for the same reason. What we are doing is having a cocktail reception at 5:30, our wedding is at 4:00 (photos right after) Dinner at 6:00 or 6:30. We have a mariachi band included in our package so we are going to get them to come to the beginning of our dinner. We are going to have maracas at each place setting so I am hoping everyone gets up and dances a bit to the music. After dinner, we are going to check out the disco...if it isn't happening i know there is a piano bar at the resort so we may just end the night there. We put together a good pre wedding package if info for the resort and area that I will soon post on here with photos. But I would be happy to share it with you. Secrets resorts and Dreams resorts are owned by the same company and we stayed right by the Secrets Capri I think two years ago. It was a gorgeous resort. I am sure your resort will be amazing! We are getting married at Dreams tulum.