Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Blue petal are great, I would definitely recommend them. They specialize in Destination weddings

http://www.bluepetalweddings.com/

Originally Posted by ceciliag62 View Post

Kat2012: Bustle in the front!!! Never heard of it but it sound like a great idea to me...Thanks for suggesting it woot.gif

Allie2012: I've tried contacting SellOffVacations, Escapes and RedTag and the price per person they quote me with a group rate is the same as online without a group rate. What on earth!! I mean I know we aren't the biggest group (20-30ppl) but still... I'm getting pretty frustrated. BangHead.gif Any suggestions for travel agents (Toronto or area) or comments as to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Ceciliag62! My TA is at Marlin Travel and honestly she has gone above and beyond to find us the best prices! My guests are paying $200 less per person than anything I have seen online, and because we have booked 40+ ppl, my FI and I get our room for free!

I did a google search, there are 5 Marlin Travel's in Toronto! If you give them a couple different resorts that you are interested in, then they will contact their head office and establish the group rate. The only thing that was tricky was that to ensure the group rate the guests have to book relatively early. For our May 2012 wedding our guests head to book by the end of October; however, it was only a $300 deposit that they had to put down.

Anyways hope this helps!

Originally Posted by ceciliag62 View Post

Kat2012: Bustle in the front!!! Never heard of it but it sound like a great idea to me...Thanks for suggesting it woot.gif

Allie2012: I've tried contacting SellOffVacations, Escapes and RedTag and the price per person they quote me with a group rate is the same as online without a group rate. What on earth!! I mean I know we aren't the biggest group (20-30ppl) but still... I'm getting pretty frustrated. BangHead.gif Any suggestions for travel agents (Toronto or area) or comments as to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:Hi again, in my experience the group rates you get are usually better than any online prices unless your travelling in the next month ot two. Booking early usually gets you early booking bonus's and concessions with the tour operators, in addition to this any group discounts/concessions are only applied at final payment, :just incase there have been cancellations on your group), their terms and conditions are very strict in this matter and the room type and amount of people from each gateway are very important.

Read all the contracts thoroughly. :)

Originally Posted by Allie2012 View Post

Hey Ceciliag62! My TA is at Marlin Travel and honestly she has gone above and beyond to find us the best prices! My guests are paying $200 less per person than anything I have seen online, and because we have booked 40+ ppl, my FI and I get our room for free!

I did a google search, there are 5 Marlin Travel's in Toronto! If you give them a couple different resorts that you are interested in, then they will contact their head office and establish the group rate. The only thing that was tricky was that to ensure the group rate the guests have to book relatively early. For our May 2012 wedding our guests head to book by the end of October; however, it was only a $300 deposit that they had to put down.

Anyways hope this helps!

Okay ladies, I'm stressed about wedding bands and I need some advice. I don't know much about jewelery and my FI and I met with the guy who designed and made my e-ring last week to discuss bands. He works privately out of his home. We were recommended to him from friends of ours. His work is amazing, and he doesn't charge the crazy overheads like People's and other shops.

Okay so some background info: My e-ring is platinum, so my band needs to be platinum, too. Because of the shape of my ring (it's a halo style with a round base), I need to have a jacket band. Our budget is about $2000 for both of our bands (could squeeze to $2500 if absolutely necessary), and the designer knows this. He just came back to us with the estimate for JUST my band at $3100! I might barter back and forth with him, but I don't know if it's worth it because there is no way we willg et both of our bands for $2500 and this rate.

Does anyone else have a platinum ring? Is this an outrageous price?! Should I jsut try to barter as much as I can to lower it then bite the bullet? I could shop around and go to some of the big chains, but I feel like I am running out of time to have one designed... We leave in just over a month!

Any advice would be appreciated :)

thanks!! i will take a look!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

http://ninashoes.com/

This is their website, you can design your own or pick from what they have, they actually have so many colours to choose from and if you design your own a variety of heel heights.  Even in the "pre-designed" they have different heels heights. 

I cant remember if they ship to canada but I believe they do, if not, many canadian retailers carry this brand and you could probably also find them on ebay or amazon once you know the style you like!

why does your band need to be platimum? most of the time you honestly cant tell the difference by looking at a ring between, silver, white gold or platimum.... would switching to white gold make it more affordable ?? just a thought....

also you coudl try find already made ones to go with your ring... i have a square halo ring and peoples has bands designed to go with these so you might be able to get some ideas from looking around first....

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Okay ladies, I'm stressed about wedding bands and I need some advice. I don't know much about jewelery and my FI and I met with the guy who designed and made my e-ring last week to discuss bands. He works privately out of his home. We were recommended to him from friends of ours. His work is amazing, and he doesn't charge the crazy overheads like People's and other shops.

Okay so some background info: My e-ring is platinum, so my band needs to be platinum, too. Because of the shape of my ring (it's a halo style with a round base), I need to have a jacket band. Our budget is about $2000 for both of our bands (could squeeze to $2500 if absolutely necessary), and the designer knows this. He just came back to us with the estimate for JUST my band at $3100! I might barter back and forth with him, but I don't know if it's worth it because there is no way we willg et both of our bands for $2500 and this rate.

Does anyone else have a platinum ring? Is this an outrageous price?! Should I jsut try to barter as much as I can to lower it then bite the bullet? I could shop around and go to some of the big chains, but I feel like I am running out of time to have one designed... We leave in just over a month!

Can you post a pic of your ring? Do u want diamonds in your wedding band?  and if you do how much diamonds do you want in it?
I used to work at Mappins and Ben Moss for a long time. If i can see ur ering, I might help with some advice

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post