Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

As Janet said, you can get ribbon and bling from Michaels. Thats what I did. 

Or what about the place where you got your bridesmaids dresses? Check with them :D

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Does anyone have any experience ordering a bridal sash/belt?

I've been looking on etsy but haven't found one that I love yet. They all seem to big or too detailed.

I'm tempted to try to make one myself but i really don't want to add another thing to my To-Do list!

I really want one like the one in the picture below but red to match my BMs.

11262011490.jpg

Have you looked on David's Bridal? They have some nice ones. The other thing you could do is get a nice piece of white ribbon that goes with you dress and order a handmade flower from etsy that goes with the frilliness(not a real word) of your dress. My dress came with a ribbon sash and i wanted to dress it up so I found a nice flower on Etsy with some bling. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Does anyone have any experience ordering a bridal sash/belt?

I've been looking on etsy but haven't found one that I love yet. They all seem to big or too detailed.

I'm tempted to try to make one myself but i really don't want to add another thing to my To-Do list!

I really want one like the one in the picture below but red to match my BMs.

11262011490.jpg

Canadian Girl & MichCraw:  Its actually going to be imprinted onto our mug that we'll be including in our OOT bags.  The paper idea as a wrap around is a great idea though!!!

Yunric:  We are getting the mugs from a local company that specializes in promotional products, trophies, business cards, custom apperal etc...  

I got the idea from another Bride here a BDW so I looked into it.  Because they order so much they are able to pass along the the lowest per mug price.

If I would order it on my own, I'd be paying $3.99/mug....going directly through this promotional company I only pay $3.49/ mug and the imprint set up fee.

Best thing...NO SHIPPING CHARGES or CUSTOMES!!!  I approve the design I helped create, they place the order and in a couple weeks...I simple pick it up at their shop when they recieve it.

Here is the link to the company that will be doing our mugs.

http://www.esppromo.com/product.asp?pid=6748&cid=92

I will definately post a pic once I get the finished product!!!

Norma

Hello Ladies,

So excited to join you. Getting married in June 2012 in the Dominican Republic cheer2.gif Haven't decided on a resort yet but I've narrowed it down to 4 (I think). I've found picking the resort to be the most difficult part. You want everyone to have a good time. And you have to find a resort that will fit into everyone's budgets. I love Majestic Colonial but at around $1300 it might be a stretch so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the price will drop.

I got my dress at David's Bridal and am really in love with it. But I'm having trouble deciding if I should switch into another dress for the reception. How hot does it get in a wedding dress???

Ok now I need some opinions on this: I'm 4'11" and my FH is 6'2" so I really can't wear flip flops all day...I was thinking maybe bare foot on the beach to the ceremony and then a pair of high wedges once I get off the sand.

Thanks,

Cecilia

Welcome!

I found that picking the resort was by far the most difficult part of the whole wedding planning. After you find the one you want, it gets better :D

I am not sure what your wedding dress is made of, but I will definitely get really hot in my wedding dress :D Also I plan to wear it as long as possible, since I won't ever get to wear it again. But  I have a second short dress for after the reception.

And I think thats wedges is a way to go for you. Just dont forget about the whole things with hem... I know some girls were talking that you can do a bustle for the front of your dress too if you are going to switch from barefoot to wedges. Also it depends on the style of you dress!!

Good luck with planning!

Originally Posted by ceciliag62 View Post

Hello Ladies,

So excited to join you. Getting married in June 2012 in the Dominican Republic cheer2.gif Haven't decided on a resort yet but I've narrowed it down to 4 (I think). I've found picking the resort to be the most difficult part. You want everyone to have a good time. And you have to find a resort that will fit into everyone's budgets. I love Majestic Colonial but at around $1300 it might be a stretch so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the price will drop.

I got my dress at David's Bridal and am really in love with it. But I'm having trouble deciding if I should switch into another dress for the reception. How hot does it get in a wedding dress???

Ok now I need some opinions on this: I'm 4'11" and my FH is 6'2" so I really can't wear flip flops all day...I was thinking maybe bare foot on the beach to the ceremony and then a pair of high wedges once I get off the sand.

Thanks,

Cecilia

great deal!!!!!!! cant wait to see them

Originally Posted by Butterfly67 View Post

Canadian Girl & MichCraw:  Its actually going to be imprinted onto our mug that we'll be including in our OOT bags.  The paper idea as a wrap around is a great idea though!!!

Yunric:  We are getting the mugs from a local company that specializes in promotional products, trophies, business cards, custom apperal etc...  

I got the idea from another Bride here a BDW so I looked into it.  Because they order so much they are able to pass along the the lowest per mug price.

If I would order it on my own, I'd be paying $3.99/mug....going directly through this promotional company I only pay $3.49/ mug and the imprint set up fee.

Best thing...NO SHIPPING CHARGES or CUSTOMES!!!  I approve the design I helped create, they place the order and in a couple weeks...I simple pick it up at their shop when they recieve it.

Norma

Good choice on your final design, and what a great deal, can't wait to see a pic when you get them!

Originally Posted by Butterfly67 View Post

Norma

Cecilia - welcome to the forum! Yes - it is very hard deciding on a resort, I struggled with this for a few weeks before I finally chose. I wanted a nice resort, 4 stars or better, but also one that wouldn't break the bank. But just remember that where ever you choose you're guests are bound to have a good time due to the company and not just the place! Have you contacted a travel agent yet? Because most resorts offer groups deals for any party over 10 people, and you would be surprised the amount that this could per person. So the Majestic Colonial might be within reach.

Are you set on getting married on the beach? A lot of the resorts have gazebos and other areas where you can get married and then you wouldn't have to worry about going barefoot. We are getting married in a gazebo and even though I'm 5'8" I'm wearing heels because I want to be tall on my wedding day!!!! But wedges are also a good alternative and you can probably even wear wedges on the beach.

I'm assuming that most wedding dresses are going to be hot when getting married in a tropical place, unfortunately it might just have to be the price we pay to look amazing!

But you can always request that your ceremony is scheduled for later in the day. We are having ours at 5pm, which works well as the cocktail hour will take place directly afterwards, followed by the reception.

Goodluck with your planning!

Allie

Originally Posted by ceciliag62 View Post

Hello Ladies,

Thanks,

Cecilia

Kat2012: Bustle in the front!!! Never heard of it but it sound like a great idea to me...Thanks for suggesting it woot.gif

Allie2012: I've tried contacting SellOffVacations, Escapes and RedTag and the price per person they quote me with a group rate is the same as online without a group rate. What on earth!! I mean I know we aren't the biggest group (20-30ppl) but still... I'm getting pretty frustrated. BangHead.gif Any suggestions for travel agents (Toronto or area) or comments as to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.