Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

luvmoo....

You might want to try Laura (they have a petite and plus and Additionelle is also a part of them as well so they often have the same colour dye lots.

I will keep my eyes open for something that might work.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! REALLY???? Wow, I am excited, can you tell? I really wanted to go to Davids to save some money, but could not justify spending so much to go some where to save money... it would not really save anything! However, Edmonton is a little more feasible... Still 5 or 6 hours, but it is closer for my mom... This is awesome! And my wedding is so far away it will probably be open before I need to go shopping! Yes!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Jenn,

That is too bad. After your wedding, you girls should make a big bonfire and set them on fire...lol...Not trying to make light of it. I would be peeved too.

So here are a few ideas:

1. Le Chateau- Try the main stores and the outlets

2. For you and other Alberta brides, I found out yesterday that Davids Bridal is opening up a store in Edmonton, at our South Edmonton Common, just as you come into town from Calgary!

The sign is up already so it shouldn't be long...wish it had been sooner. I will let you know if I find out when it's opening.

Have you thought of trying Beyond the Rack? I know it is online but if you order all of the dresses at the same time they should defintely come from the same dye lot and their return policy is pretty good. I ordered two dresses from Haute look last week for 45$ each, going to keep one for my rehearsal dress and dinner. They have dress events once or twice a week, and there have been quite a few that would be nice as bridesmaid dresses.

Good luck!

@luvmoo - So sorry that happened with your dresses.  I'm sure you will find the perfect dress for your bridesmaids!

Finally, this is 150th post!!!  Yay!!!  Can't wait to be able to open the amazing templates on here.  I'm trying to design my boarding pass invites but I am not that computer savvy.  We'll see how they turn out!

@luvmoo - have you thought about finding a seamstress/dress maker in Calgary and having the dresses altered/re-purposed?

The David's Bridal website says it's expected to open in Edmonton in early 2012.  I drive by the future site every day, and it's definitely still under construction.

capecodder, Tori has some amazing templates on her OOT bag thread.... FYI :)

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

@luvmoo - So sorry that happened with your dresses.  I'm sure you will find the perfect dress for your bridesmaids!

Finally, this is 150th post!!!  Yay!!!  Can't wait to be able to open the amazing templates on here.  I'm trying to design my boarding pass invites but I am not that computer savvy.  We'll see how they turn out!

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

What program do you have on your computer to create the template? Do you have Photoshop?

I wouldn't mind helping you out a bit if you need. Here is my boarding pass:

Page 1.4.jpg

Page 2.2.jpg

Well, it took me a few days but I was able to read all 101 pages and take notes from this fabulous thread!! 

Thank you so much torilynnsmith for starting up... "Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!"

luvmoo: I ordered the same starfish with bow & tags last week for our wedding.  I am so anxious for them to arrive.

camy47:  Struggling to find a dress for my one and only attendant (my beautiful 18 year old daughter).  Unfortunately, this time of year is not a good time to shop for aqua blue.  Le Chateau and the other shops only seems to have the darker colours out for Christmas & New Years Eve parties. The Venus link you shared had a gown that caught my eye and even have a store in my area that carries their line...lets just hope my MOH approves.  wink.gif

capecodder.... smile03.gif for the welcome greeting!  Hope to get to know you ladies better in the next few months.

Norma

Ladies, I need your help!  I'm desperately looking for a capiz shell chandelier or windchime.  I found one I really like on wildthings.com but the shipping is more than the actual chandelier.  I've also checked ebay & etsy but can't find what I want.  Is anyone else doing a capiz chandelier for their decor in the huppa?  If you are where did you find yours?

Hi Luvmoo,

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you! i would be looking into complaining to the better buisness bureau. Why not look at david's bridal? they have one in TO or you can order online. that is where i got mine from and my girls are spread out across ontario and all different shapes and sizes/

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Hey Ladies!!! 

I am in a bind right now.. and i am hoping to vent and lean on you ladies.. i am a cross between crying and laughing.... and really not sure where to go from here! 

Soo! I have a maid of honor and two bridesmaids. Each girl ordered their own dresses ( all the same dress, and same website) and each one of them had several issues with the dress when it came in. #1, all three of them ended up being different colors... so we added different shades of blue to our wedding colors to make it work around the dresses.. which was no problem.. The last bridesmaid just got her dress on Friday.. and it is absolutely hideous!!!!  

i have attached pictures below, so you could see the difference in two of the dresses... the first one is okay.. the 2nd one.. just horrendous!!! when we complained to the company.. they told us that they looked just fine and they thought the dress is beautiful.. and that the two dresses below are close enough to eachother and will look good in the wedding..  and they will not refund us nor will they make a new one. they told us they will make a new one for a discounted price of 60.00 USD, plus shipping.  and they told us if we really don't like it, then we can take it to  a tailor to get fixed... At this point.. i am sooo angry.. I don't want to look at these dresses ever again. it is just ruined for me.. and now i find them all ugly.. lol

I am just soo upset! i am 4 months away from my wedding.. and I now have these horrendous dresses that do not match... and the last pic below.. looks NOTHING like online..  I can't make the girls buy a 2nd dress.. so my FI and I are now forced to buy 3 dresses we didn't budget for.. which sucks.. but the other thing is.. now what?! The bridesmaid that got the bottom pictured dress.. is now being very difficult.. and doesn't want to order a dress online.. but i have three bridesmaids that are all different sizes, and one that lives in a different city..  

The dresses below, it is hard to see in the 2nd pic, as it was a close up of the embellishment... but the sash on the front is different.. the material is flowy in the front on the first dress.. but just sewn on the front in the 2nd one.. The dress is absolute garbage... 

IMG_0243.JPG  IMG_0612.JPG

Does anyone have any suggestions on maybe a good REPUTABLE place for good dresses ?  I just really don't even know what to do... ugh.. ANY suggestions would be super helpful ladies!!

*sigh* Thanks for listening ladies.. and DONT order ANYTHING from dressale.com