Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

I just ordered real touch flowers from Plumerias wedding boutique...She does AMAZING flowers!! My cousin used her for her wedding in Jamaica as well! They really pop in pictures and look amazingly real!! She ships to Canada...her prices are pretty good too and definately worth it:):) Here is her website...she also has a fb page with more of a portfolio.
http://www.plumeriasweddingflowerboutique.com/ 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

I agree with Tori, when you feel stressed about all the planning and diying it is great to know that you ladies are there for support and advice!

Okay, so here is what I need your help on. I am starting to stress now thinking I didn't do enough for the wedding and ATR planning this summer and now back at work I am freaking out as I look at the calendar!

Flowers- I looked at the flower pdfs the resort sent me and the choices are not that great...I am still wanting a real bouquet for me...may be pretty basic. But I am now wanting to get real touch or nice silk flowers for me and my bridesmaids(3). I know it is hard to get them shipped to Canada with certain companies and I know given the time I have left, most of the shipping dates are gone.

I have been looking at Bloom bridal.com and Wedideas. Since you Canadian girls always have great advice, I am asking you what you would do? Have any of you used these companies?

They have some ready made bouquets but I think I want to do some changes to those. My wedding is Jan. 4th so I need to act on this now.

The other option is, getting silk flowers and getting my sister who had a flower shop to help me put them together....It is hard to get silks that are nice enough without have a flower shop license to go to the wholesalers. Michael's flowers right now are pretty picked out due to their big sale.

Advice, ideas???

Thanks!!!

Could you email this to me? I had trouble opening it. Thanks in advance!! cynlee1@gmail.com

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

mmm I DO hold on let me find it in my folder that is spilling over k here are 2 i have, i have some spread sheets too but cant find them lol ... i will post more in a min

Do your research 10 month list.docx

MusicPlayDontPlayList.pdf

OMG this dress is absoluately gorgeous!! Every past destination brides I've talked to recommended a reception dress. I think this is a great idea, especially if your planning on going to the disco afterwards for more dancing. Also, FI and I are thinking about jazzing up our "first dance" and maybe do the Marimba. Any body else doing something special for their first dance? My bestfriend recently got married and they did the "Time of my life" from dirty dancing... they did the exact dance which was pretty entertaining to watch and EVERYONE is still talking about it.

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

I am from North Bay, my mom is from Brampton, and my FI mom is from Brighton (Near Trenton) so we are kind of spread out all over if need be lol. I was going to do something like this as my reception dress:

reception.jpg

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

I always check what they have posted!!!!! It sounds crazy but sometimes I am scared it is just people who are going to sell my template or something....

OMG this is gorgeous!!!!!  My mom actually suggested a reception dress the other week but I really don't want to change out of my dress!!!!!!! Now that I see this one I am kind of rethinknig it... how gorgeous!!!

Our OOT bags is smiliar to yours except we added: gastrolyte, sennakot (for constipation), and immodium (that saved me when I was in mexico last time.... ) lol. Also, planning on bringing travel size Aloe (just haven't found it yet).

Here is the link to MJKH's thread about coupons!!!!!!  

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/74927/coupons-discount-codes-etc-for-canadian-brides

Aw that is so nice!!! I love helping the brides I feel like I actually KNOW on the forums!!! I am glad to hear you like so much of my stuff!!! I can't really share it with anyone else so I get nervous sometimes that it wont go over so well come february!

Hey Tam, are you on the Canadian OOT thread?  We've talked about this before on there but I couldn't remember if you made it over there too!!!!  I will be doing 1 bag for every couple and 1 bag for every single this way we cut some costs doing the couple bags but those singles don't feel left out.  I think it would be strange to have 2 people sharing a room share a bag, how do they divide it? Who takes the bag home etc.  This way it is easy for everyone.  

I posted a list of what I am including and what is doubled up etc for the couple bags

For example the couple bags have double of the following items compared to the single bags:

- chapstick

- shout wipes

- face cloths

- mugs

- gatorade

- pepto

But all bags have

- 1 sanitizer

- 1 sewing kit

- 1 nail file (except the single guy bags)

- 1 advil 10 ct

- 1 tin of altoids

- 1 shell soap

- 1 roll of tums

You get the idea!  Hope this helps :)

Hey ladies!! Just wondering what everyone is doing for photography?!! I would love to bring one down with me, but every photographer that I've looked into is charging over $5000 :(. Any recommendation would be appreciated? Oh, I should mention that the resort photographer had mix reviews and are pretty pricy as well which is why we want to bring in our own photographers.

amjohnson - I wish I could be more help, I think we are going to go to the wholesaler if we opt the real touch route as both my mom and I have our business licenses.... If we plan a trip over the next little while I will definitely let you know as I would be happy to pick up some flowers and mail them to you!  We are still undecided and I dont get to Toronto that often anymore but we do need to act soon since we get married one month after you!!!

Another option is a lady in hamilton that we contacted (she ships) "enchanting memories"  I emailed her and she called me and we were on the phone for an hour and half chatting.  She was so knowledgeable about destination weddings etc it was awesome, she is also so so kind!  We just wanted 3 callas in four bouquets and the price just wasnt in our budget right then but she does great work!  I would email and see what she can do!

Who in Punta Cana is doing your flowers?  I would be interested to here what they are charging for their bouquets since we are trying to decide between real and real touch right now as well.

Originally Posted by Camy47 View Post

I opted for real flowers but only because I found a company in Punta Cana that would do all my decor and flowers for a very reasonable price (especially when compared to what the resort charges). However, if you are looking for silk flowers...maybe try looking up a local silk flower shop near you? I'm not sure where you live, but in Markham/Toronto I know there are several Chinese stores around that carry them. I was in Pacific Mall a few months ago and there are stores that will make custom silk arrangements so you can see them before you buy (vs. online). I don't think many of these stores have web sites or advertise...but maybe check out your local Chinatown (you can sometimes find cheap parasols here too!).

I personally think Michael's selection has gone downhill over the past few years so I ended up getting some for my hair down in the US at Hobby Lobby which has an awesome selection.

Where are you getting married?  that would help us to give you suggestions.... do you want a canadian photographer? someone at your location? will you be paying for their trip etc.  what is your budget?  I am sorry to say that most of the people we talked to about flying down with us we would have had to pay for their trip (approx $1500-$2000) and then their fees on top.  The only "bonus" would be that they photograph all week long which is really nice.

Photography is not cheap...... is it ever not cheap but I think you can find something to suit your budget based on your expectations!

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

Hey ladies!! Just wondering what everyone is doing for photography?!! I would love to bring one down with me, but every photographer that I've looked into is charging over $5000 :(. Any recommendation would be appreciated? Oh, I should mention that the resort photographer had mix reviews and are pretty pricy as well which is why we want to bring in our own photographers.

Torilynnsmith,

I am using Groupo Ilusiones for my flowers and decor. (http://www.grupoilusiones.com/) Giselle came highly recommended and has been great to work with thus far.

The only thing with this vendor is that they charge quite a bit for transportation b/c they are based out of Santo Domingo. Since I was already paying this for decor, the pricing for the flowers wasn't that bad. To give you an idea they will do my bouquet for around $100, bridesmaids $40, corsages are around $15 and boutonnieres $10. She can do the really nice tall centerpieces for $115. I prorated the transportation fees and included in those prices to give you ballpark. Note that the flowers I'm using are expensive though (hydrangeas, orchids, gerberas, lisianthus etc.). They are a lot less if you are just looking for roses and/or lilies.

Another lady that came recommended was Rosa at Floristeria El Tronco (floristeriaeltronco@gmail.com)

She is based right in Punta Cana but I found that she is not very good at communicating via email so that didn't work out for me.

I am a DIYer but my fiance and family encouraged me to use a vendor to do my decor. Although I would save a bit by buying overlays and sashes online and bringing with me, none of them thought it was worth the hassle. The last thing I want to be worrying about when I'm on holidays is ironing tablecloths! If you want more details on the decor prices let me know and I'll pm you.

Hope that helps!

Hi Tori,

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it if you do go. All I want for my bridesmaids is callas...likely more then 3, I was thinking 4-6 if they are the right price. My sister could easily put them together. For mine, I want red and white callas and maybe some orchids. I am going to keep my eyes out at Home sense, my MOH saw some nice orchids today there but I need to go check them out. I did check out Enchanted memories out but her web site isn't that user friendly...

I am going to compare bloomsbridal and wedideas again...like you if I can make them myself and save money, all the better.

amjohnson - I wish I could be more help, I think we are going to go to the wholesaler if we opt the real touch route as both my mom and I have our business licenses.... If we plan a trip over the next little while I will definitely let you know as I would be happy to pick up some flowers and mail them to you!  We are still undecided and I dont get to Toronto that often anymore but we do need to act soon since we get married one month after you!!!

Another option is a lady in hamilton that we contacted (she ships) "enchanting memories"  I emailed her and she called me and we were on the phone for an hour and half chatting.  She was so knowledgeable about destination weddings etc it was awesome, she is also so so kind!  We just wanted 3 callas in four bouquets and the price just wasnt in our budget right then but she does great work!  I would email and see what she can do!

Who in Punta Cana is doing your flowers?  I would be interested to here what they are charging for their bouquets since we are trying to decide between real and real touch right now as well.

Where are you getting married?  that would help us to give you suggestions.... do you want a canadian photographer? someone at your location? will you be paying for their trip etc.  what is your budget?  I am sorry to say that most of the people we talked to about flying down with us we would have had to pay for their trip (approx $1500-$2000) and then their fees on top.  The only "bonus" would be that they photograph all week long which is really nice.

Photography is not cheap...... is it ever not cheap but I think you can find something to suit your budget based on your expectations!

I Can't remember which Thread it was on... but i was reading where some ladies found a good site to order Organza Chair Sashes...  Does anyone remember this, or know of a good site? I bought a bunch off of another bride on here... but now i need to purchase more as i am short!! lol.. and i can't find a good site.. that delivers to Canada for reasonable prices... 

Any ideas? :)

Thanks Ladies

Thanks ladies, appreciate it!

Jen, 

Ebay is the best deal I have found for organza chair sashes.  I have yet to order mine but I posted awhile back about them.  You can just do a search.... I saw 100 for around $55-$59 so that should give you an idea of price and shipping to canada was FREE!!!!

PM me is you cant find a listing!!!!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I Can't remember which Thread it was on... but i was reading where some ladies found a good site to order Organza Chair Sashes...  Does anyone remember this, or know of a good site? I bought a bunch off of another bride on here... but now i need to purchase more as i am short!! lol.. and i can't find a good site.. that delivers to Canada for reasonable prices... 

Any ideas? :)

Thanks Ladies