Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Hey Ladies...I am looking for some advice on these travel mugs...uggg...I originally wanted the personalized ones but after getting them customized and shipping it costs so much...I just came across the website for bubbas...www.shopbubbas.com and they have bulk packages in quantiies as little as 1- whatever!!!!! and they ship to Canada!!!!!! The price does come out to be a bit cheaper...They have the mini ones (20oz) with the skinny bottom so they would fit in car holders...or the chunky original ones...also they have ones with or without handles...I don't really care about the color of them but was thinking purple for the ladies and black for the men.......HELP!! Thx in advance:):)

am!! that's what i am doing for my decoration too!! i bought 6 large starfish from ebay.. ( which came to me perfect!) and i bought some Aqua Blue and some white, organza material .. i am going to tie the starfish ( with fishing wire) to the arch over the fabric. simple but awesome i hope!! :) 

I have turquoise chair sashes i purchased from a BDW bride, and  i will use those for the chairs. I was thinking about doing the small starfish to clasp at the bow as i think it looks awesome,however i am worried about packing yet one more breakable thing in my luggage hahah so i think i might just keep it simple and not do that part.. 

we decided to do aqua blue. turquoise and white as our colors... the two different blues was more of a bridesmaid dress mishap.. and other things not coming in as they appeared on line so we have to change it to incorporate the colors but i think it will work out!! i am not super fussy.. and frankly as long as they don't clash i am good...the ocean and beach will provide enough beauty.. people will barely remember the rest of our decoration :)

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Are you putting anything along the aisle?

Ok ladies so how did i miss this thread for this long?!? I want to thank all of you for all your help! i have learned so much had gotten so many great ideas because of you guys! thank you sooo much!!

so i am still learning....what is a planning thread?

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So is anyone as crazy as I am and has already started their planning thread?!! I am 6 months out tomorrow but there is SOOOOO much I want to include in my planning thread and I don't want to forget anything!!!! I have just been doing it in word so that I can be sure it is good to go in less than 185 days!!!!!!!  

I have a few questions thought before I pour my heart and soul into my planning thread ( I just want to share EVERYTHING)

- Is it just supposed to be pictures?  We all know I LOOOOOVE pictures but I also LOOOOOVE to write so I am sort of treating my planning thread as a blog post lol - People can skim through and just see pictures but there will also be lots of info

- are there planning thread rules?  Things I should or shouldn't include?  I basically plan to include EVERYTHING as I said lol

Just wondering what you guys are thinking/planning on doing or what your opinions are!!!   I want to detail my DIY projects as well but am thinking I may do a separate thread just for that... thoughts?!

One of the recent brides at our resort said fake petals were not allowed on the beach...she used real rose petals, and by the time she walked down the aisle, they had all blown away : (

It's cute when they run the large starfish upright along each side of the aisle.  Have you seen that?  I've seen palm leaves jabbed into the sand...tiki torches...we should start a thread for that if one hasn't been started already!

Are you putting anything along the aisle?

I'm taking Tori's approach too (if I understand her correctly)...our guests won't even see a hint of turquoise until the reception.  Until then, we'll just be using shades of pink.

That is a good idea! I may get a couple more and keep them together for garland. I was looking at photos of past ceremonies at my resort and if you hung the starfish garland vertically on the gazeba or chubbah?..it would look pretty..maybe three hung. I am going to order more sugar starfish on Ebay and put some on the front of the gazebo with turquoise tulle. I may also put a starfish on each chair with the turquoise chair ties.

What do you think about using fake rose petals? The hotel is charging a crazy amount for them and I was thinking of getting the fake turquoise petals to line each side of the aisle...I am making red fabric pomanders, was going to hang one on the end of each row of chairs, but now thinking it may be too much if I use chair sashes that are turquoise. Do you have any thoughts? I have looked at lots of photos but a bit frustrated on how to incorporate both of our colors, red and turquoise...

My vote would be for one with a skinny bottom, with or without a handle...for long term use, I would prefer one that fits in my car holder.  I think 20 oz worth of a beverage at a time is plenty.  Your guests will all love them!

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Hey Ladies...I am looking for some advice on these travel mugs...uggg...I originally wanted the personalized ones but after getting them customized and shipping it costs so much...I just came across the website for bubbas...www.shopbubbas.com and they have bulk packages in quantiies as little as 1- whatever!!!!! and they ship to Canada!!!!!! The price does come out to be a bit cheaper...They have the mini ones (20oz) with the skinny bottom so they would fit in car holders...or the chunky original ones...also they have ones with or without handles...I don't really care about the color of them but was thinking purple for the ladies and black for the men.......HELP!! Thx in advance:):)

are these real star fish and that is why they smell? if so put them in the oven and bake them it will take out the smell!

Originally Posted by janette34 View Post

Yup, mine are still stinking up the house and its been about 3 weeks.  I layed them outside for a day and that helped a lot but I can still smell them when I open the closet.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

I found my shell pomanders (shell balls) and the starfish in a few different places like MJKH mentioned.  The starfish were at winners in the back in the "decor" section.  They had them on the table display but could also be found in the "knick knack" aisle... with all the random table decor etc.  At home sense I fund you have to walk every one of those "knick knack" aisles, I found them hanging on a hook at one of the ends.  I wasn't sure about the starfish at first... how I would incorporate them so didn't but they at winners... my mom ended up buying them at homesense.

Welcome!!!! We are so glad you found us!!!!!! We started to consume the "canadian OOT" thread so we figured it would be a good idea to have a "Canadian" outlet for our chit chat and support!!!!  I am on here a lot... I need an OOT bag and BDW intervention, though those are basically intertwined.... some might find it annoying but it has made this planning SO fun!!!!!   The grasses are really really light but are right to the bottom of the vase and then secured by about 4 inches of sand and then sea shells so I think I should be ok.  I never considered it to be honest.  We are in an open air restaurant but it is covered and in the evening they drop all the curtains so I think we should be fine.  I hope at least!!!!!! I definitely agree about the real candle thing.  I LOVE the battery operated tea lights and homesense even has battery operated pillars that are SCENTED!!!! So you can have your vanilla candle and not worry about it blowing out, catching fire or forgetting you lit it!!!!! I am using sheppards hooks to line our aisle but I am thinking of using them at the reception spot as well with lanterns and using battery operated tea lights in them... they even flicker!!! Ahhhh I love the new inventions!!!

Thanks Ann-Marit!!!!!!  Unfortunately they don't have navy :(  Not sure if I mentioned before but I actually made a convertible dress!!!! It is SO SO easy, if you have a sewing machine I highly recommend trying it! Anyways, I made one and ended up thinking maybe we wouldnt go the convertible route and now I am thinking I may go back to do the convertible... I just don't want it to be too casual but I think they will be comfy for the girls!!!  I can't justify the high price tag of the ones on etsy and online (in my colour) since I could make mine for about $20 $25 MAX!

I saw the Henkaa store the other day, but they are pricier aren't they?  What was the cost if you don't mind sharing?!

Thanks!!!!

Ok! Good to know, my mom picked these up and I was over for dinner and they were on the chair not far from me and I couldn't figure it out... I kept smelling a urine smell (do yours smell like pee?!) I thought it was my centrepiece as I had brought it to show her... no.... I FINALLY figured it out and then thought maybe the CAT had peed on them but they ALL smelt!!! I told mom I don't want them in my suitcase as everything will smell bad so we are going to air them out! Thanks for the tip about putting them outside! I will try that!!

I agree with MJKH I would go with the skinny bottom this way people will get more use out of them when they get home. I also like the look of the skinner one as well. The travel mugs are the last thing on my list for my oot bags, I am having such a hard time with these too! I am going to check out this website.

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

My vote would be for one with a skinny bottom, with or without a handle...for long term use, I would prefer one that fits in my car holder.  I think 20 oz worth of a beverage at a time is plenty.  Your guests will all love them!

michaels has a great tourqeois (sp?) rose petals for approximately 20$ but if you use the discount coupons you can get online it is a good deal!

Hi,

I like your lanterns, I did see them...sadly they don't come in my colors, turquoise and red. I did find some turquoise decorations at the party packagers store and got a few turquoise battery lanterns at dollarama. I am making my own Martha Stewart Paper Puffs...They are great to hang from ceiling or go down the aisle...not sure what I am doing down the aisle. I am leaning toward getting fake turquoise petals for each side down aisle. Honestly, I don't want to add anything into my suitcase!!! Getting a little worried.;)