Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

I just placed an order from Oriental Trading.  I sucked it up and paid for shipping, my order came to $103 before taxes and shipping was $27.

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

oops I forgot to mention in the beginning of that post, I was ordering from Oriental Trading.  I got all fired up and didnt read my post before submitting! :)

Hey amjohnson,

Yes, I used vistaprint business cards for the luggage tags.  I had to cut off a little sliver off the edge to make them fit into my plastic tag holders (which I got at walmart btw 10 for 1.99)

I also struggled with what to put on the back, I decided just to make them the same on both sides, rather than have a decoration or monogram on one side.  You could order another box of cards in a different design and then glue them together, but I just didnt want to waste so many cards, and plus I thought that way the address is on both sides and visible from whichever direction! 

Also I used white 3mm ribbon, which I got in a discount bin a while back at fabricland. 

In the end I'm happy with them, and the whole project cost about $13.00 for 40 - I may make more later depending on numbers, but I will need to buy some more plastic holders :)

Also, at dollarama I found these paper lantern Garlands for $2 each.  they are 10 feet long, and came in blue/green (which work perfect for me) and orange/pink.  I only bought 2 at first because i was afraid they would look bad when I opened them.  However I opened them today and they are quite nicely put together!  I think I will go grab a few more to decorate the boat with for our reception!   I have already bought 6 white round lanterns (martha stewart, from walmart) but i think I will get a few more white ones and that will be it.  Now to figure out how to make those little light thingamabobbers with the batteries. :)

Here is a pic:

IMG_3374.JPG

Also, a comment about the posts and people asking for templates.  I completely agree, that those who do not participate and just come to pilfer free templates are a little frustrating.  I myself am not very good at using publisher or other design programs so it would literally take me HOURS if I tried to design a welcome brochure for example.  I can not WAIT to get to 150 posts, but I avoid wasteful posts as well...because now I feel like I truly am participating and truthfully I cant wait to check BDW to see if I have any messages or if my favorite threads have been updated.

Also, I am curious to know what your fav threads are?  Some of the ones I find myself in the most are:

-this one (lol)

- Canadian girls OOT thread

-Post your ETSY finds thread

-post your shoes

-post your bouquet/bouquet inspiration

-the ENTIRE DIY forum :)

Originally Posted by Coco YUL View Post

Notice that you're getting married at Dreams Tulum... what made you decide on this one ??? I'm not sure between Tulum and Riviera Cancun...

Hi Coco,

Although Dreams Tulum is further from the airport, we liked how it was in a less populated area...no other resorts share the beach!! Looking at the reviews and photos, we thought the feel of the resort matched what we wanted the most. Both are close to Golf courses which was a must as my FI is from Scotland and his family is coming for two weeks to make it worthwhile and they love to golf! I hope that helps! Read reviews and go with what both of you is the right fit for you. My dad just went on his honeymoon to Dreams Puerto Aventuras and loved it so I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. Dreams resorts have a good reputation!

It's random but I have seen it for sale at pet stores, I used to buy it to put in my fish tank. They normally have all sorts of colours too! I would try petsmart or one of the bigger ones.

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Has anyone seen coral for sale?

I'm thinking about adding it to my DIY Shell Bouts, that is if I can find any :)

Jamie

Hi,

I like your lanterns, I did see them...sadly they don't come in my colors, turquoise and red. I did find some turquoise decorations at the party packagers store and got a few turquoise battery lanterns at dollarama. I am making my own Martha Stewart Paper Puffs...They are great to hang from ceiling or go down the aisle...not sure what I am doing down the aisle. I am leaning toward getting fake turquoise petals for each side down aisle. Honestly, I don't want to add anything into my suitcase!!! Getting a little worried.;)

Also, at dollarama I found these paper lantern Garlands for $2 each.  they are 10 feet long, and came in blue/green (which work perfect for me) and orange/pink.  I only bought 2 at first because i was afraid they would look bad when I opened them.  However I opened them today and they are quite nicely put together!  I think I will go grab a few more to decorate the boat with for our reception!   I have already bought 6 white round lanterns (martha stewart, from walmart) but i think I will get a few more white ones and that will be it.  Now to figure out how to make those little light thingamabobbers with the batteries. :)

Here is a pic:

IMG_3374.JPG

Holly

I really like your luggage tags! I picked up the plastic tag holders from walmart a few weeks ago, you can't beat that price! I am just debating if I want to make my own business cards or make some on VP. I got my ribbon at Micheal's in the dollar bin!

I also went to place an order at oriental trading but was put off with the shipping and duty. I might just suck it up and put the order in cause there is some things that I really want lol

Hey amjohnson,

Yes, I used vistaprint business cards for the luggage tags.  I had to cut off a little sliver off the edge to make them fit into my plastic tag holders (which I got at walmart btw 10 for 1.99)

I also struggled with what to put on the back, I decided just to make them the same on both sides, rather than have a decoration or monogram on one side.  You could order another box of cards in a different design and then glue them together, but I just didnt want to waste so many cards, and plus I thought that way the address is on both sides and visible from whichever direction! 

Also I used white 3mm ribbon, which I got in a discount bin a while back at fabricland. 

In the end I'm happy with them, and the whole project cost about $13.00 for 40 - I may make more later depending on numbers, but I will need to buy some more plastic holders :)

I have used Oriental Trading ALOT.. and have grown to really LOVE them!!! The shipping charges can be a bit expensive however sooo worth it.. in my opinion.. alot of the things i wanted and bought i couldn't get from anywhere else for the preice etc.. so i find them worth it! :)

Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post

Holly

I really like your luggage tags! I picked up the plastic tag holders from walmart a few weeks ago, you can't beat that price! I am just debating if I want to make my own business cards or make some on VP. I got my ribbon at Micheal's in the dollar bin!

I also went to place an order at oriental trading but was put off with the shipping and duty. I might just suck it up and put the order in cause there is some things that I really want lol

I think I might just need to figure out the per item cost.  As I was roaming around dollarama at lunch stewing about whether I should have just sucked it up and paid the shipping, I started thinking about the number of items I was ordering, ie. 12 lanterns for 14 bucks is pretty cheap considering I paid 10 dollars for 3 at walmart....

Maybe I should order everything at once, so I only have to pay the shipping once...

ps. today at dollarama I got the CUTEST stone and glass beads.  I had been thinking about making barefoot jewellery for my bridesmaids and I, but thought I had nixed it from the list.  It seemed like really fussy work and I have already bought A LOT of things for my girls.  But.... then I saw the beads and I couldn't resist.  (you know the drill! can't say no!)

Going to take them with me up to MIL's cottage this weekend and maybe my 11 year old neice and her friend can help me with the beading.  Will post pics of how it goes!