Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

I am actually NUTS! lol  

atalanta - thanks for sharing that link to the "rules" it definitely offered some guidance!!!! I think I am allowed to be long winded but I have to do it all in one shot, ie. not start posting now and continue positing regularly til the wedding!  They are trying to prevent it becoming a "blog" which is totally fair.  Don't know how many of you had been following the FutureMrsTGun's planning DIY thread, it was great she is so so so talented!!!!!!

As always, thank you ladies for all your help and feedback!!!!!  I think today I am going to try and hunt down some "Shoe" Inspiration!!!! 

Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post

Well I don't think I am as crazy as you lol Just joking!!! I haven't started it but I have been thinking about it a lot and I can't wait to start but I need more things to come together first.

I think you should put everything in one so you can see the whole process from start to finish, also it is very nice to describe things and then have a pictures so brides can see what it look like!

I know whatever way you decide to do your thread it will be great! I can't wait to see it!

I too need some "shoe" inspiration, if you see any nice gold ones, let me know ;) lol.
Ok, as for the dress. It is online one the SKETCHIEST website ever lol. Its probably not that sketchy, BUT there was a language barrier, it was coming from China.... and the negative comments were all about sizing issues... having said that... I opted for one similar, but not quite it from a website called www.lightinthebox.com.  They have really nice dresses, and SUPER cheap.  If you buy tonight, you get 55% off shipping! Hence why I bought it.  The shoulder strap is a tad different, but my mother in law said she can make that the exact same if I wanted it.  I was emailing a few dress makers to see if htey could do it, but they said the design is alot more complicated than it looks, and it would cost around 300...  So I bought the dress, so that I have the shape, or "shell" lol, and If i want to make a replica all i need to do is change the shoulder strap =) TADA! for 200 less too!!

I only just got on the site you shared but I am already in love.... I may be ending up with a "short" dress afterall.... perhaps a welcome dinner dress or something lol I am adamant I want to wear my dress all night but that could change once it comes in!!!!

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

I too need some "shoe" inspiration, if you see any nice gold ones, let me know ;) lol.
Ok, as for the dress. It is online one the SKETCHIEST website ever lol. Its probably not that sketchy, BUT there was a language barrier, it was coming from China.... and the negative comments were all about sizing issues... having said that... I opted for one similar, but not quite it from a website called www.lightinthebox.com.  They have really nice dresses, and SUPER cheap.  If you buy tonight, you get 55% off shipping! Hence why I bought it.  The shoulder strap is a tad different, but my mother in law said she can make that the exact same if I wanted it.  I was emailing a few dress makers to see if htey could do it, but they said the design is alot more complicated than it looks, and it would cost around 300...  So I bought the dress, so that I have the shape, or "shell" lol, and If i want to make a replica all i need to do is change the shoulder strap =) TADA! for 200 less too!!

I feel your pain.

I posted a template that I originally borrowed (before I hit 150) and I've emailed those templates to several girls, but I keep getting requests and now I'm sensing there won't be an end... I'm not sure what to do either?!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

I get it too!  I haven't really had the guts to PM someone and ask for their personal templates...but then I am a bit of a rule-follower...I think you guys put your fair share of time and energy into some fabulous creations! : )  

Your patience (to reach 150 posts) OR your $30 is so worth it in the end to see/access EVERYTHING that's available...not just a template or two from you.  This forum has provided my FI and I with A LOT of inspiration for our wedding...thanks to you all!

And now, I must drive an hour back to a service station near the lake we stayed at on the weekend...as I left my wallet in the washroom there yesterday morning...ughhhhh...!*%$!  So much for my morning of errands!

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

So I am in a bit of a conflict at the moment... I got a PM from another bride, and she asked if I would e-mail her one of my templates that were posted on DTW... She also mentioned "I dont have the patience to get to 150 posts", she only has 10... Now, I wouldnt have an issue sharing, but the fact she told me that she was too lazy to contribute when I worked at contributing to forums and worked up to my ability to view attachments, bothers me a little! BUT at the same time, I feel like if I can help someone, why not? Advice??

I decided to hand out one for every couple and one for every single :)

Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post

Hey ladies I was wondering what your thoughts are and what you are doing for your OOT bags, I have a few guest who are just friends sharing a room for the week; would you give them an oot bag to share or would you count them as a single? To cut cost I am giving one bag per couple but not to sure what to do? I am leaning towards individual bags for them but would like to know what everyone else is doing/thoughts?

Hey Tori!

I didn't think you were allowed to start a planning thread until you were two weeks out?

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So is anyone as crazy as I am and has already started their planning thread?!! I am 6 months out tomorrow but there is SOOOOO much I want to include in my planning thread and I don't want to forget anything!!!! I have just been doing it in word so that I can be sure it is good to go in less than 185 days!!!!!!!  

I have a few questions thought before I pour my heart and soul into my planning thread ( I just want to share EVERYTHING)

- Is it just supposed to be pictures?  We all know I LOOOOOVE pictures but I also LOOOOOVE to write so I am sort of treating my planning thread as a blog post lol - People can skim through and just see pictures but there will also be lots of info

- are there planning thread rules?  Things I should or shouldn't include?  I basically plan to include EVERYTHING as I said lol

Just wondering what you guys are thinking/planning on doing or what your opinions are!!!   I want to detail my DIY projects as well but am thinking I may do a separate thread just for that... thoughts?!

Ok.. so I can't believe I missed this thread! lol! I've just caught myself up on the chit chatter :)

This is great for the back and forth between all of us! Sometimes the other threads get a little out of control with chit chatter and go off topic so I'm loving this where you can bounce ideas off and ramble about the million and one wedding things running through our heads! lol!

Thanks girls!

Needling some Shoe opinions

I will be wearing pumps for dinner and reception and going barefoot for the ceremony.  I will likely pick up a pair of flip flops/sandals just in case the sane is to hot etc.

Badgley - navy pumps.jpg

nina- navy culver.jpg

nina forbes navy.jpg

CL - d'orsay.jpg

I am obsessed with these but don't know if I will be able to find them... I think they may be discontinued!

The first pair and the last pair are my faves!

I love badgley mischka shoes!! They are so pretty and perfect for a wedding. I really want some fuschia coloured shoes - anyone find any??

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Needling some Shoe opinions

I will be wearing pumps for dinner and reception and going barefoot for the ceremony.  I will likely pick up a pair of flip flops/sandals just in case the sane is to hot etc.

Badgley - navy pumps.jpg

nina- navy culver.jpg

nina forbes navy.jpg

CL - d'orsay.jpg

I am obsessed with these but don't know if I will be able to find them... I think they may be discontinued!