Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

sorry i didnt see this post.....but i have a link to them above, just keep in mind mine are black and white. I did the same thing with the bags....i went to the dollarama and got mesh ones lol so not what i wanted lol keep looking at OT they have sales all the time, this is where i got alot of my stuff.

The funny thing is about the PMs, is i do the same thing in regards to looking at there past posts. if they only post welcome or nice or great i tend not to share my stuff HOW MEAN AM I??? i know but really!!!! so im totally in with you and tori

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

tI too would like to know what bags!!! lol, I got mine, but im not happy with them.. they are alright, but I imagined them being a touch better lol.. call me particular I guess, thats what cheaping out does!

and in regards to the PM's Im glad people agree and share the same thoughts!!! I have NO problem helping brides out that are willing to contribute... IE If they have about 120 posts and have worked for them and are actually contributing... Just for fun, I looked at the types of things that these brides who are PMing have been posting, and sure enough, all whopping 10 posts are "welcome, welcome, welcome etc in the newbie threads... this drives me NUTS!!!!! I am looking for helpful threads and the newest topics, not WELCOME WELCOME etc.... ugh... thats my little vent! Ill admit, when I was about 20 posts away I got eager, and I may have been a little guilty of the one liners... but not many, if any! AND if I did, I read the ENTIRE thread (gah!) to see if they had any questions that I could help out with.

I got the exact same bags! :) the black and white ones as well.. but if i remember correctly.. they seemed cheaper than that when i got mine.. maybe i got a sale? i honestly cannot remember!But i agree with the other girls on here... I LOVE Oriental Trading. I have gotten so many things from there for my wedding.. :)

oh I had one more thing I wanted to discuss. Is anyone changing into a different dress for their reception? I wasnt going to, BUT ever since I had my son, I have been WAY too hot, It never bothered me before, but I cant take it lately, and its only been in the 30's (which is high for here but really, nothing too drastic).  I have been revisiting the idea of a reception dress lately... for my own sweaty sake lol.

And do any of you know any decently priced dress makers? I have one that I really do like, but I dont like where I would be buying it from, it seems a little... sketchy? (its online).  So I was thinking of having it copied.

what price did you get yours from?

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I got the exact same bags! :) the black and white ones as well.. but if i remember correctly.. they seemed cheaper than that when i got mine.. maybe i got a sale? i honestly cannot remember!But i agree with the other girls on here... I LOVE Oriental Trading. I have gotten so many things from there for my wedding.. :)

oh ...... your gonna hate me then lol lol i got mine for 6.00 per dozen ...... i wounder if they do adjustments if before a certain time like 30 days or something

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I Lied!!! i just went and looked at my invoice, and I paid 24.69 per dozen.. they are on sale right now for 20.00  damn!!! lol

I was thinking about the same thing but for different reason. I wasn't going to change into a reception dress but the more I think about it I just might have to go buy another dress lol. I want to wear my wedding dress at the AHR for a bit to take some pictures with my grandparents and I am worried that if I wear it all night it could get dirty and be very warm as well. I went to a wedding in Cuba 2 yrs ago and the bride changed into a reception dress and it looked very pretty and you could still tell that she was the bride if that is something you are worried about.

As for dress makers one of my friends had our bridesmaid dresses made by this lady and it turned out great! What area of Ontario are you in?

oh I had one more thing I wanted to discuss. Is anyone changing into a different dress for their reception? I wasnt going to, BUT ever since I had my son, I have been WAY too hot, It never bothered me before, but I cant take it lately, and its only been in the 30's (which is high for here but really, nothing too drastic).  I have been revisiting the idea of a reception dress lately... for my own sweaty sake lol.

And do any of you know any decently priced dress makers? I have one that I really do like, but I dont like where I would be buying it from, it seems a little... sketchy? (its online).  So I was thinking of having it copied.

I am from North Bay, my mom is from Brampton, and my FI mom is from Brighton (Near Trenton) so we are kind of spread out all over if need be lol. I was going to do something like this as my reception dress:

reception.jpg

Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post

I was thinking about the same thing but for different reason. I wasn't going to change into a reception dress but the more I think about it I just might have to go buy another dress lol. I want to wear my wedding dress at the AHR for a bit to take some pictures with my grandparents and I am worried that if I wear it all night it could get dirty and be very warm as well. I went to a wedding in Cuba 2 yrs ago and the bride changed into a reception dress and it looked very pretty and you could still tell that she was the bride if that is something you are worried about.

As for dress makers one of my friends had our bridesmaid dresses made by this lady and it turned out great! What area of Ontario are you in?

I always check what they have posted!!!!! It sounds crazy but sometimes I am scared it is just people who are going to sell my template or something....

tI too would like to know what bags!!! lol, I got mine, but im not happy with them.. they are alright, but I imagined them being a touch better lol.. call me particular I guess, thats what cheaping out does!

and in regards to the PM's Im glad people agree and share the same thoughts!!! I have NO problem helping brides out that are willing to contribute... IE If they have about 120 posts and have worked for them and are actually contributing... Just for fun, I looked at the types of things that these brides who are PMing have been posting, and sure enough, all whopping 10 posts are "welcome, welcome, welcome etc in the newbie threads... this drives me NUTS!!!!! I am looking for helpful threads and the newest topics, not WELCOME WELCOME etc.... ugh... thats my little vent! Ill admit, when I was about 20 posts away I got eager, and I may have been a little guilty of the one liners... but not many, if any! AND if I did, I read the ENTIRE thread (gah!) to see if they had any questions that I could help out with.

I thought they were $20 for 12..... how did you get such a good deal!?! I watched these ones for awhile and never saw them cheaper than the $20 which I still thought was a good deal!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

I got the ones on oriental trading, although these are not them lol this will give you an idea of them lol (i got the white bags with black handles) which will work with the new theme...although i got them before the colour change lol worked out perfect!!!! if i do say so myself

http://www.orientaltrading.com/color-accent-tote-bags-royal-blue-a2-14_459+RB.fltr?prodCatId=388632&categoryFromSearch=true&tabId=1&Ne=90000&rd=tote%20bags

If you try davids bridal they have some great reception dresses (white) and great prices....as for buying online, i got my TTD and welcome dress from there...and they came in just as they looked on line (well as so im told, as i still havent seen them yet lol)

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

oh ...... your gonna hate me then lol lol i got mine for 6.00 per dozen ...... i wounder if they do adjustments if before a certain time like 30 days or something

OMG this is gorgeous!!!!!  My mom actually suggested a reception dress the other week but I really don't want to change out of my dress!!!!!!! Now that I see this one I am kind of rethinknig it... how gorgeous!!!

I am from North Bay, my mom is from Brampton, and my FI mom is from Brighton (Near Trenton) so we are kind of spread out all over if need be lol. I was going to do something like this as my reception dress:

reception.jpg

yeah, i looked back at my invoice...and they were 6.00 for 12, and to be honest it was sheer luck that i got them at that price.....i bought them thinking i wasnt going to like them because our theme was the original colours of tropical...orange tourq and blue...but now that i changed our theme to the black and white i luv them lol