Affordable Resort for Guests???

I've known that I wanted to do a destination wedding every since I could remember. Partly because I love the beach/ocean, I am not very traditional and because I couldnt justify spending $10-$20K on a wedding back home. In any event there are sooo many resorts to choose from and they all have great wedding packages that are more than affordable, however the cost for our guests is a bit much.

Sigh, so now I am torn because I want to be sure that I have my dream wedding but at the same time make it affordable for our friends and family to come. We would all be flying out of NY.

Ladies....has anyone found a resort that is actually affordable for your guests? I am hoping to stay within the $800 per person range for a 4night/5day vacation including airfare of course.

Thanks,

Torn in NY feedback.gif

If this is your dream wedding, do it.. whoever can afford to travel will go.  You can't stress over who is going and who isn't going if this is the type of wedding you want to do.  Do your research (different months are cheaper to get married vs. peak months, etc).  I think the $800 pp is pushing it in a way for the total with flight.. flights always change.. but if you get a price like that for your guests then thats amazing! hope everything comes together soon for you, the beginning is the most stressful since you're trying to plan a wedding for you, but also a vacation for your guests.

I'm in the same situation... looking for a grreat place and making sure most of my guest could make it happen... and in the other hand it's our wedding day... I want to make sure I wont regret a thing (ok maybe one or two) :)

Good luck with your research... btw I think November is a cheap month...

I am going to the Breezes Trewlawny resort in Jamaica.  It does not have a high star rating, but I heard the service is AMAZING and their beach is great.  My guests paid 927 and some paid 866.  I have had friends go to this resort and they said they had the best time, they have also recently done some renovations, so apparently it is no as "outdated" as some used to say.  The only thing that made me nervous is some of the reviews, but then again, its usually the ones with negative views that take the time to review resorts, right? I think you should check it out, the pictures looked nice, and as I said, I know a few people who went on two seperate occasions and they love it. 

If you are going to be planning punta cana, I would have to advise you NOT to go with november, as that is high time for their hurricane season, I was originally going to go with Punta Cana, and this is why.  I wanted the Occidental Grande SO bad, I heard great things... but then I found this place and was thrilled, it had everything I wanted, for less! I am going the first week of January

Originally Posted by trivera5521 View Post

Thanks jlarruda and Celtic! I kind of had my heart set on Punta Cana, so hopefully I can find something that is affordable. Coco where are you having your wedding? Celtic what month are you doing yours?

In 2009 I stayed at the Victoria Golf and Beach Resort, which you get to via Puerto Plata.  Guests at that hotel (which is nice, but affordable) also get access to the Gran Ventana, which has beach access, and offers wedding packages.  Both hotels were around $900/7 days, all inclusive including airfare when we visited.  The service at these hotels was spectacular, considering the price, and the beach and pool areas were very nice as well.  We saw one wedding while we were there, and the flowers looked great, and the cocktail reception looked well done, on the beach.

This is also my biggest dilemma. I want it to be affordable for my guests. I know its our day and we shouldnt worry about other people. But to me, my guests being a part of my wedding is as important as the location. I am not dead set on the location, I just want a place with good serivce, good diving and good reviews for a decent price! Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone recommend a TA to use for DR weddings? thx