Jump to content

Photo

Any 2013 Brides Out There?!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#181 Ladyz13

Ladyz13
  • Site Supporter
  • 14 posts

    Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

    I am also a 2013 bride. I also thought that I was planning too early, but you would be surprised at how fast the time will go by before we are all standing at the alter. My wedding will be in April and I decided to have it at Dreams Punta Cana. I was a little nervous before making my final decision since my fianc© and I have never been there before, but I have only read good things about this resort. My only suggestion to each of you is that you remain in constant communication with the wedding coordinator at your resort. It is very important that you email or call whenever you need questions answered and if you would like to see any videos from prior weddings. I'm sure that you are all just as excited as me to journey into 2013.

     

    Best,

    Ladyz13  



    #182 Mlite83

    Mlite83
    • Jr. Member
    • 384 posts

      Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

      Originally Posted by IslandBarbie 

      Hi everyone!  I am looking at Dream Palm Beach for March 9, 2013 for my wedding.  I've been engaged for all of a  week  and have decided to let it all set in this week and then get back on the planning to see if I still feel the same way about Dreams.  In the meantime...if there are other DPB brides out there who have information and PRICING, if you can share or tell me what you've found that would be GREAT!!!  I got an email yesterday from them to send back a date so I want to see what you ladies advise before I do that.

       

      I am really pretty open for a date.  I picked March 9th because I am in Education and it would roll right into Spring Break.  The deciding factor between March and either June or July will be prices. I  know islands have PEAK and OFF PEAK - Which of these months are cheaper in airfare/accommodations?   

      I'm also in education and I am taking a week off (unpaid) in February for our trip -- my principal is super and was all for it, heck he will probably try to figure out a way to get me paid while I'm away.  We thought that a winter vacation would be more appealing for some guests and we also got a great price so for us it made sense.  I can tell you that March break will definitely be pricey and busy in the airport and resort.  If you do decide to go at that time definitely look for adult-only resorts (or ones that kids don't stay free) otherwise the resort will be full of children also on March break ;)



      #183 cinnagirl

      cinnagirl
      • Jr. Member
      • 261 posts

        Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

        Originally Posted by Peach 

        I finally got a quote from our travel agent! It looks good, but is only good until the end of this month (nice timing, right?) so we need to move now if we are going to go ahead with this booking. I think we are, if she answers our questions and everything!

         

        I am so excited! Finally!

        How much was your quote if you don't mind me asking? We got ours back two days ago but we'll be staying at Dreams Palm Beach. Who is your quote through? Ours is through Sunwing so once we put down our deposit our guests have 90 days to put down theirs.



        #184 Mlite83

        Mlite83
        • Jr. Member
        • 384 posts

          Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

          Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

          How much was your quote if you don't mind me asking? We got ours back two days ago but we'll be staying at Dreams Palm Beach. Who is your quote through? Ours is through Sunwing so once we put down our deposit our guests have 90 days to put down theirs.

          Our quote is thru Air Transat and we booked with Robert Q travel (locate agent).  We put down our deposit which held 15 rooms for 90 days starting May 1 (our immediate family and wedding party booked prior to that).  For 1 week at Now Jade in early February we are paying around $1400/pp all in.  Compared to other quotes we were satisfied with that.  When we first starting pricing (in February I believe) our quotes were coming in closer to $2000 pp (or more for different resorts).



          #185 Ladyz13

          Ladyz13
          • Site Supporter
          • 14 posts

            Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

            Hi Eva, 

             

            I agree with you that Dreams Punta Cana is a great choice for your wedding. I actually booked my wedding at that resort for April 2013. I would definitely encourage you to stay in touch with Deyanira - one of the wedding coordinators who has been extremely helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, you should email her because she responds right away. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to reach out to me. 

             

            Fellow Dreams Punta Cana Bride



            #186 cinnagirl

            cinnagirl
            • Jr. Member
            • 261 posts

              Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

              Originally Posted by Mlite83 

              Our quote is thru Air Transat and we booked with Robert Q travel (locate agent).  We put down our deposit which held 15 rooms for 90 days starting May 1 (our immediate family and wedding party booked prior to that).  For 1 week at Now Jade in early February we are paying around $1400/pp all in.  Compared to other quotes we were satisfied with that.  When we first starting pricing (in February I believe) our quotes were coming in closer to $2000 pp (or more for different resorts).

              Ours quotes were around $2000 pp when we starting getting quotes in March. So ridiculous! Ours are $1530 pp for the basic room, and we told people to expect it to be around $1500 so this works for us. You guys have a good price!



              #187 happy2beabride

              happy2beabride
              • Newbie
              • 2 posts

                Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

                Hey guys, March 2013 and I have not a clue where in DR I want to get married. I joined this site hoping to find something affordable so that my family/friends can attend. Where should I start? H.E.L.P



                #188 kas715

                kas715
                • Newbie
                • 1 posts

                  Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

                  Hello All -

                   

                  Just joining the group today. Just recently engaged and have set a date of May 31, 2013, at the Majestic Colonial at 6:00 pm on the Beach. Awaiting quotes on prices from the travel agent and looking into options for the reception so I can reserve the location. Anyone else planning a reception at the Majestic Colonial? We were thinking of reserving the Parrot's Bar, but not sure of the packages and if we should do a DJ or not.  Kelley



                  #189 Peach

                  Peach
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,293 posts

                    Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

                    Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

                    How much was your quote if you don't mind me asking? We got ours back two days ago but we'll be staying at Dreams Palm Beach. Who is your quote through? Ours is through Sunwing so once we put down our deposit our guests have 90 days to put down theirs.

                     

                    Only West Jet and Air Canada go to our location, especially during summer. We heard through Air Canada. The quote was for a little under 2000 for a week. It was about where we thought it would be, so we were okay with that. $150 down per person.

                    We have to have 10 people to make a group, so what we ended up doing was put the deposit down for us and 8 guests... the first 8 who rsvp will get that early bird deal, because the others won't be getting that before-end-of-may deal. But they will still be part of our group. 

                    We are just so excited to have something booked! Now I am waiting to hear from the wedding coordinator at the resort about the specific date, to make sure that we get the date we want!

                    How about yours?



                    #190 cinnagirl

                    cinnagirl
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 261 posts

                      Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

                      Originally Posted by Peach 

                       

                      Only West Jet and Air Canada go to our location, especially during summer. We heard through Air Canada. The quote was for a little under 2000 for a week. It was about where we thought it would be, so we were okay with that. $150 down per person.

                      We have to have 10 people to make a group, so what we ended up doing was put the deposit down for us and 8 guests... the first 8 who rsvp will get that early bird deal, because the others won't be getting that before-end-of-may deal. But they will still be part of our group. 

                      We are just so excited to have something booked! Now I am waiting to hear from the wedding coordinator at the resort about the specific date, to make sure that we get the date we want!

                      How about yours?

                      That's so exciting! Congrats! Our price is $1530 per person for a double room for a week's stay. Apparently we need 30 people to get an additional discount on our flights, and I'm a bit worried about that. But we'll be putting our deposits down in a couple weeks to get the process started!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users