Any 2013 Brides Out There?!!!!

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#141 chula

chula
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi skyy. Congrats!!!

I am also getting married next year and I can relate with you I have been engaged for two years.

The idea of the boarding passes for the STD is also my theme, (good taste girl). but I am having such a hard time finding someplace cheap. I have currently found the Esty website, but I am not convinced.

I am soooo excited that there is so many ppl getting married down in DR super cool.

#142 missjade

missjade
    • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Congratulations on your big day!!

Mine is July 11th 2013 - I am on the verge of reserving Ocean Blue for our resort.

I mailed my save the date magnets last month, but also plan on doing the boarding passes and/or passport invites as well once I have the rest of the details confirmed.

It's so exciting to plan and see what others are doing as well!! :D 

Originally Posted by skyy 

Hi Ladies, Congratulations !!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited to find this thread!!!!!!!! My Big Day is 7-30-13 at Dreams Punta Cana. So far we have reserved our date, ceremony, and reception location; I still do not have any package prices. I made save-the-dates on vista print one day just playing around but now I think I want boarding passes. This is the problem planning so far in advance the more I look the more I like. Again Congratulations and I’ll be talking with you all. Skyy

#143 skyy

skyy
      • 71 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

@ Chula I found some on Etsy ( Sproulliedesigns) for $3.50 per STD but I need a whopping 100. I only need the pass ($2.00) and sleeve ($1.50). Is it me or do you agree $350.00 is a lot for STD’s

Hey Chula and Missjade, Whoop Whoop to us 2013 Brides!!!!!! Ok Ladies I having a problem, the vista print STD’s are sooooo cheap but I want those boarding passes BAD. I would try to make them myself but if I spend the money on all the supplies and they don’t turn out right I will be beyond ticked off. I’m very picky!!!!!!

#144 erica12

erica12
        • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hey sky

Im a 2013 bride who's getting married at the paradisus palma real. I actually ordered some save the dates as boarding passes from mypersonalartist.com. I found them on pinterest. I believe they were 2.25 or so for 50 and the cost is lowered the more you get! Theyre pretty simple but are cute.

#145 Shay4966

Shay4966
          • Site Supporter
          • 262 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

I say make them yourself... $350 is A LOT. I made my and stole some ideas from the brides who posted theirs. What I would say is get a theme first that way you know the premise to which you want them to circle around (ex. palm trees, coral, starfish, etc). I bought supplies from ebay, cards and pockets, enveloppe inc and amazon. With all the supplies, plus brochure and magnets from vistaprint for 89 invitations I paid $198.00 and I still have lots of paper, ribbon and other things left over for tags and other projects. 

Should you need help let me know...

@ Chula I found some on Etsy ( Sproulliedesigns) for $3.50 per STD but I need a whopping 100. I only need the pass ($2.00) and sleeve ($1.50). Is it me or do you agree $350.00 is a lot for STD’s

Hey Chula and Missjade, Whoop Whoop to us 2013 Brides!!!!!! Ok Ladies I having a problem, the vista print STD’s are sooooo cheap but I want those boarding passes BAD. I would try to make them myself but if I spend the money on all the supplies and they don’t turn out right I will be beyond ticked off. I’m very picky!!!!!!

#146 Shay4966

Shay4966
            • Site Supporter
            • 262 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

lmbo wowsors  I just saw that your in New Jersey... What part?

#147 skyy

skyy
              • 71 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Erica12 & Shay4966 Heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

@ Erica12 Thank u so much 4 the web site I'll b checking them out later today.  

@ Shay4966 u have been a Busy Bride Bee!!!!! I think I will play around & see if they look like anything worth buying paper 4. I’m in AC, where are u?

FYI: I’m not crazy! I text way 2 much so I shorting most words most of the time.    

#148 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                • 955 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hey there! I can definitely relate… I too loved the boarding pass invites, but didn’t want to pay the premium for a professional custom design. While I was intrigued by the DIY idea, I tend to obsess over details and didn’t want my invites to look like an elementary school art project.  But after looking through dozens of successful projects on this site, I was finally encouraged. I admit, I’m on my 4th boarding pass design, but this one is a definite winner (the first 3 design were subpar). Anyway, I’m now 100% committed to this project and have started to purchase my supplies and I have oodles of samples on the way of pearlescent/metallic cardstock, satin ribbon and pearlescent and matte raffia ribbon etc. If you have the time, I would suggest dabbling around with design ideas and see what you think.  Good luck!

#149 Shay4966

Shay4966
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 262 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Skyy - 

I shopped around and made sure that I was getting the lowest price on everything. So where one website had it for lower then the next (including shipping). When it comes to saving I will go through the Internet and make sure I left no stone unturned.  My mother and sister lives in AC, and my grandmother lives in Pleasantville. 

Erica12 & Shay4966 Heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

@ Erica12 Thank u so much 4 the web site I'll b checking them out later today.  

@ Shay4966 u have been a Busy Bride Bee!!!!! I think I will play around & see if they look like anything worth buying paper 4. I’m in AC, where are u?

FYI: I’m not crazy! I text way 2 much so I shorting most words most of the time.    

#150 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                    • 400 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

I was in the same boat...I REALLY wanted boarding pass STDs....but given that I needed 100 of them, it was just toooooo expensive.

I went with postcard STD's from Vistaprint and I was really happy with them. I got a lot of compliments, and that made me feel good! You could order the envelopes to go with them, as well as return address labels to match too....so I think they turned out ok. I'll attach a pic of the front - on the back I paid the extra for colour printing and wrote some more details about our plans, put our wedding website address, etc.

I am going to do passport invites for sure, but only to people who are likely to be coming, and I'll send them out after most people have booked (about 4 months prior to the wedding).

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users