Any 2013 Brides Out There?!!!!

Hi skyy. Congrats!!!

I am also getting married next year and I can relate with you I have been engaged for two years.

The idea of the boarding passes for the STD is also my theme, (good taste girl). but I am having such a hard time finding someplace cheap. I have currently found the Esty website, but I am not convinced.

I am soooo excited that there is so many ppl getting married down in DR super cool.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your big day!!

Mine is July 11th 2013 - I am on the verge of reserving Ocean Blue for our resort.

I mailed my save the date magnets last month, but also plan on doing the boarding passes and/or passport invites as well once I have the rest of the details confirmed.

It's so exciting to plan and see what others are doing as well!! :D 

Originally Posted by skyy View Post

Hi Ladies, Congratulations cheer2.gif !!!!!!!!!! Iâ€m so excited to find this thread!!!!!!!! My Big Day is 7-30-13 at Dreams Punta Cana. So far we have reserved our date, ceremony, and reception location; I still do not have any package prices. I made save-the-dates on vista print one day just playing around but now I think I want boarding passes. This is the problem planning so far in advance the more I look the more I like. Again Congratulations and Iâ€ll be talking with you all. Skyy

@ Chula I found some on Etsy ( Sproulliedesigns) for $3.50 per STD but I need a whopping 100. I only need the pass ($2.00) and sleeve ($1.50). Is it me or do you agree $350.00 is a lot for STDâ€s

Hey Chula and Missjade, Whoop Whoop to us 2013 Brides!!!!!! Ok Ladies I having a problem, the vista print STDâ€s are sooooo cheap but I want those boarding passes BAD. I would try to make them myself but if I spend the money on all the supplies and they donâ€t turn out right I will be beyond ticked off. Iâ€m very picky!!!!!!

Hey sky

Im a 2013 bride who's getting married at the paradisus palma real. I actually ordered some save the dates as boarding passes from mypersonalartist.com. I found them on pinterest. I believe they were 2.25 or so for 50 and the cost is lowered the more you get! Theyre pretty simple but are cute.

I say make them yourself... $350 is A LOT. I made my and stole some ideas from the brides who posted theirs. What I would say is get a theme first that way you know the premise to which you want them to circle around (ex. palm trees, coral, starfish, etc). I bought supplies from ebay, cards and pockets, enveloppe inc and amazon. With all the supplies, plus brochure and magnets from vistaprint for 89 invitations I paid $198.00 and I still have lots of paper, ribbon and other things left over for tags and other projects. 

Should you need help let me know...

@ Chula I found some on Etsy ( Sproulliedesigns) for $3.50 per STD but I need a whopping 100. I only need the pass ($2.00) and sleeve ($1.50). Is it me or do you agree $350.00 is a lot for STDâ€s

Hey Chula and Missjade, Whoop Whoop to us 2013 Brides!!!!!! Ok Ladies I having a problem, the vista print STDâ€s are sooooo cheap but I want those boarding passes BAD. I would try to make them myself but if I spend the money on all the supplies and they donâ€t turn out right I will be beyond ticked off. Iâ€m very picky!!!!!!

lmbo wowsors  I just saw that your in New Jersey... What part?

Erica12 & Shay4966 Heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

@ Erica12 Thank u so much 4 the web site I'll b checking them out later today.  

@ Shay4966 u have been a Busy Bride Bee!!!!! I think I will play around & see if they look like anything worth buying paper 4. Iâ€m in AC, where are u?

FYI: Iâ€m not crazy! I text way 2 much so I shorting most words most of the time. stupid.gif   

Hey there! I can definitely relate… I too loved the boarding pass invites, but didnâ€t want to pay the premium for a professional custom design. While I was intrigued by the DIY idea, I tend to obsess over details and didnâ€t want my invites to look like an elementary school art project.  But after looking through dozens of successful projects on this site, I was finally encouraged. I admit, Iâ€m on my 4th boarding pass design, but this one is a definite winner (the first 3 design were subpar). Anyway, Iâ€m now 100% committed to this project and have started to purchase my supplies and I have oodles of samples on the way of pearlescent/metallic cardstock, satin ribbon and pearlescent and matte raffia ribbon etc. If you have the time, I would suggest dabbling around with design ideas and see what you think.  Good luck!

Skyy - 

I shopped around and made sure that I was getting the lowest price on everything. So where one website had it for lower then the next (including shipping). When it comes to saving I will go through the Internet and make sure I left no stone unturned.  My mother and sister lives in AC, and my grandmother lives in Pleasantville. 

Erica12 & Shay4966 Heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

@ Erica12 Thank u so much 4 the web site I'll b checking them out later today.  

@ Shay4966 u have been a Busy Bride Bee!!!!! I think I will play around & see if they look like anything worth buying paper 4. Iâ€m in AC, where are u?

FYI: Iâ€m not crazy! I text way 2 much so I shorting most words most of the time. stupid.gif   

I was in the same boat...I REALLY wanted boarding pass STDs....but given that I needed 100 of them, it was just toooooo expensive.

I went with postcard STD's from Vistaprint and I was really happy with them. I got a lot of compliments, and that made me feel good! You could order the envelopes to go with them, as well as return address labels to match too....so I think they turned out ok. I'll attach a pic of the front - on the back I paid the extra for colour printing and wrote some more details about our plans, put our wedding website address, etc.

I am going to do passport invites for sure, but only to people who are likely to be coming, and I'll send them out after most people have booked (about 4 months prior to the wedding).

STD Front.jpg