Any 2013 Brides Out There?!!!!

Hi Guys!  Im planning for January 2013!  Can't set a exact date until there released this January :(  So im glad I found this site to bide my time reading reviews and ideas while waiting until I can get my save the dates out.  So glad to know im not the only one planning this early in advance and found other people planning for 2013 as I was starting to wonder if there was anyone else lol!  :) 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carla, Yeah, when we went we paid about £1200 each and managed to get a free upgrade to preferred due to an offer on Thomson's website so I'm hoping that we manage to get it for a similar price this time! I do worry that by the time dates come out, everyone will suddenly realise how amazing it is there and prices will sky-rocketing lol; the sooner I and family/friends are booked the better! Will be so nice to have a better idea of figures. Like you there are some people who are definites (our parents) and a lot of people where it depends on cost, my best man being one :(. That's one of the main reasons we're having to have it in the rainy season (:-/), to make it cheap enough for everyone. Other none-term time dates are just WAY too expensive. The price you've been quoted sounds pretty good for four of you, especially in March! We're definitely considering going with Caribbean Warehouse but, like you, worry about extenuating circumstances, especially in this rocky economical climate, before you even get into volcano territory! 

Bruuning, yeek! That sounds intense! Nice to have someone knows where I'm coming from though! I start my first official year as a high school teacher in September (I've been training for the last year) so come September I'll have zero free time too, and given all the DIY projects I've given myself the idea that I'll only have a few months, despite it being so far off, is terrifying!! Hope we manage to fit in some fun projects alongside all the hard work, I'll definitely be making the most of the next month that's for sure! 

Hi ladies! I will be getting married in early March 2013 at the Riu Palace Punta Cana. It's hard to do any planning when you don't have an exact date, a confirmed location, or any idea how many guests you might have. I'm from Ontario Canada, my FI was the one to choose the RIU Palace, we have stayed at a few Riu resorts in Mexico and have always been impressed.

I wish we could set dates sooner Id love to start making my save the dates!  Ahh well 5 more months :)  Im hoping to book Jan 2013  at the Majestic Colonial I think once theres a specific date im going to go crazy trying to get everything ready as there isnt much except online searching of ideas that can be done now LOL  Im From Ontario Too!  Ottawa :) 

I know the feeling bride2b!! I just keep putting 'Bayahibe, 2013' as the insignia on anything that could do with a date but doesn't need anything specific (things like draft pre-departure brochures/ door hangers, etc.) but it would be so nice to have a real date! Especially so I could get things printed. I plan on making a start on as much as possible (inc. invitation/save the dates) but it will be so frustrating having them just in electronic form for a few more months!! At least we're all in the same boat. It's really lovely to chat to other people who are experiencing the same combination of excitement and frustration. 

I totally agree!!  Everything Ive been making ( off the lovely templates found on this site ) Ive been putting "Fake" Dates LOL  I figured as long as i can get it all done by January I can just go back in and change the date lol  (  my fiance says im crazy planning things this early when it isnt for a year and 5 months)  But he doesnt understand that come January all the save the dates can go out as soon as there is a date ( lol ) 

Its super great to know there are a few of us out there that we can corospond with that know what were going through :)

and ive already made 2 bording pass invitations so by the time i can put a date of them i might have 20 LOL  then its picking which one to use..  ive settled on making things that dont need the dates...  preparing stuff (  like the emergency kits ( minus stuff that can expire) )  to pass the time ..  i stopped mentioning all my ideas and things ive found that can be made to my fiance before i drive him nuts LOL

Ha!  I'm doing exactly the same!  As far as the preparations and projects with no date yet AND in realizing I need to quit telling my FI about all of my projects...otherwise he may start going just as crazy as I have over all these DIY projects!! ;)

Originally Posted by bride2b2013 View Post

and ive already made 2 bording pass invitations so by the time i can put a date of them i might have 20 LOL  then its picking which one to use..  ive settled on making things that dont need the dates...  preparing stuff (  like the emergency kits ( minus stuff that can expire) )  to pass the time ..  i stopped mentioning all my ideas and things ive found that can be made to my fiance before i drive him nuts LOL

Yes Ive relized it is in my best interest to wait till closer to the wedding THEN show him the finished products LOL  Its just sooo exciting and I love to show them off...  My MOH had a good idea..  I show her everything then cant get my FI Upset :P  Thats what maids of honor and bridesmaids are for as she put it  ;)