Photo

Help Me Pick My Beach Wedding Dress!!!!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

Knowing this I choose A with even MORE confidence!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Julietisurs 

Thank you ALL for your comments!  My wedding will be next June at the Gran Porto Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It will be a sunset beach wedding and beach reception to follow. This dress I pick will also make two more appearances at our hometown receptions one in Dallas, TX (my home) and St Louis, MO (his hometown). Needless to say we will be the traveling couple J

Knowing this would you still recommend the same dress?

It is still early, I’m going to need to ponder on this decision for a few weeks and try them on again with fresh eyes.

#22 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
    • 283 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Get Both! Kidding...

Knowing what you just posted, Dress A in my opinion is more appropriate (a bit more bridal and conservative) for hometown receptions.  I still love Dress B though... Really it is whichever dress makes you feel the most beautiful in! 

Thank you ALL for your comments!  My wedding will be next June at the Gran Porto Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It will be a sunset beach wedding and beach reception to follow. This dress I pick will also make two more appearances at our hometown receptions one in Dallas, TX (my home) and St Louis, MO (his hometown). Needless to say we will be the traveling couple J

It is still early, I’m going to need to ponder on this decision for a few weeks and try them on again with fresh eyes.

#23 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
      • 310 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

I think dress A looks great on you.  My opinion, get dress A for the wedding, and the home receptions and get dress B for a TTD session

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#24 jlarruda

jlarruda
        • 201 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Both look amazing!! Dress A leaves an impression.. that train in the back is gorgeous.

#25 brendee2005

brendee2005
          • 456 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

That being said choice A would be a great choice for both you DW and AhR

#26 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
            • 261 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

TTD???

#27 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
              • Site Supporter
              • 201 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

My vote is for dress A. While they are both gorgeous dress A makes more of an impression. The train is magnificent!

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#28 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Trash the Dress!!!!!! Search the forum for some great pictures and info on TTD sessions!!!

TTD???

#29 cbritto

cbritto
                  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

I love dress A, but I'm sure you would look amazing in either!

#30 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Trash the Dress.  If you haven't heard of this, then you mush search this site for pictures!!!  (I had never heard of it before this forum)  A day or two after the wedding you and your husband head out with your photographer and take pictures that you would never dare take on your wedding day.  For instance some ladies head to the beach and jump in the ocean and roll in the sand.  Other couples head to cenotes (sink-holes/caves filled with fresh water) in the jungle and get in the water.  So some brides believe that you should trash the dress you get married in - that the pictures are more meaningful this way.  Other brides hate the idea of risking damage to their dress and buy a second dress, often less expensive and more "flowy", for the TTD.  TTD pictures are often more playful (think jumping off of a pier into the ocean) and sexier (think rolling around in the sand with your husband).  And often the water actually ends up helping to clean your dress from the ceremony/reception.

(I am choosing to do my TTD session in my real wedding dress, but mine was relatively inexpensive.)

TTD???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users