Photo

Should we get legally married before, in or after Cancun? (Ontario, Canada)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 SenoritaBronco

SenoritaBronco
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by quackdoc 

We are planning to get married in the Mayan Riviera, and have the legal ceremony in Mexico. We are finding that many resorts will provide the translation of the documents and FedEx them back to Canada to be submitted for a Canadian marriage recognition.

Make sure you have a copy of them, the mail/courier service to/from Mexico is horrible and it may take months to get to you or never arrive.

#22 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jrack 

How much does it cost to get married fist in Calgary paperwork wise? I'm in AB now too..and the name change is $175 and marriage cert is $75 already....

I haven't looked into all of the prices yet because my wedding is so far away, but I'm not changing my name, so it'll be the price of the certificate and the license. From what I've found they're less than $100 each, plus whatever the officiant charges. It's still cheaper than Mexico, at least for me without the name change. 

event.png

#23 jrack

jrack
    • 235 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the tip

#24 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jrack 

Thanks for the tip

I attended the webinar today for the hotel that we want (Gran Caribe/ The Royal) in Cancun and they said that the officiant for symbolic ceremonies at their hotel is $100. I'm not sure what hotel you're thinking of going with, but that might also help with your decision. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users