Majestic Colonial or Riu Palce Punta Cana ?

TaraBella

Hello

My name is Tara I am from New York and my fiance and I are recently engaged. We have set the date for July 18,2012. We saved the date with the Riu Palce Punta Cana but i am starting to have mixed feelings, I've been reading alot of reviews that have many complaints about the resort although i have also heard good things, the reviews from the majestic colonial are much better. i am torn and not sure what to do. we are expecting120 people maybe more if anyone has some information or was married at one of these resorts please let me know. it will be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Hey Tara,  I got your PM but thought I would post my response on her so everyone could see what I had to say.  I just visited DR in May 2011.  I visited 6 resorts!! Majestic being one of them.  Majestic was my first stop and the WC was 45 minutes late to my appointment! She threw my WHOLE day off and barely apologized. I had been in contact with her several times and she complete forgot about me. We took a short tour and I found them to be very expensive because their packages include almost nothing...especially if you are expecting over 100 people you should really be clear about what is included. I also did not love the layout of the resort. Everything was really spread out and the beach looked kinda small. The restaurant where they have the reception was ugly! It had cow print chairs! lol  I absolutely feel in love with Paradisus but it was too expensive! But absolutely breath-taking! My suggestion is to take everything in to consideration. How well the WC communicates with you is a big one for me! Iâ€m a little controlling so I want to know my vision is understood. I mean we are planning a wedding from the US! Haha So itâ€s hard!

We decided on the RIU b/c the WCs are amazing!! I email them and always get a reply within 3 days! Their package covers 40ppl and it's only like 16/pp after that. Which is the best deal I could find for a private reception.  I visited the RIU Palace while I was in DR and saw some of the rooms and they seemed great! They even let me and my mom eat there for free to check out the food and it was delicious! The RIU is a big resort with 2 others kinda connected...2-5 min walk to all of them. That was the other thing I really loved...if guests want to get away they have complete access to the other RIUs.  With that being said the RIU NAiboa was awful...thatâ€s the fourth one is DR and itâ€s a little further away! They are tearing it down but haven't completed the new place yet! It was so horrible! Lol So be careful! But Bambu and Macao were amazing! I feel like everyone can't be happy with everything you are always going to be unhappy guests and every ones experience will be different....you can only hope and pray for the best. So I am hoping if nothing else the WCs will take care of me!

I can only speak of my experience at RIU and it was great! I already have everything booked and sent out my STDs so there is no going back for me now! Lol So Iâ€m not going to lie you have me a little stressed with the trip advisor reviews but like I said...not turning back now!

There is a review on here from a girl who had about 100 guests at her RIU wedding and loved it! I'll try to find it for you and maybe you can get in touch with her!

Hope this helped! Let me know if there is any other questions you have! Picking the resort was absolutely the hardest thing I did!!!

O I also recommend that you use a TA ...it will really make your life a whole lot easier.  I would happy to give you our guys info...let me know.

Welcome! And congrats on your engagement!!  Choosing the resort for us was the hardest part and many times I have had thoughts about whether or not it was the right resort to choose and if we should have chose somewhere else.  I think no matter what resort you chose there are always some negative reviews. 

While the Majestic Colonial wasn't my first choice I booked it because of the cost for guests. We however are not having a private reception because we will only have about 20-25 people actually attending the wedding. I can say though that I have been in contact with the WC on several ocassions and they were always prompt in getting back to me and answering my questions. There will always be negative and positive reviews no matter what you choose. Definitely research the wedding packages and take into consideration all of the add-ons. I know that Majestic's wedding package doesn't include as much as some of the other resorts. Really depends on what you are looking for. You'll get there, I have gone back and forth on several ocassions and then just decided to go with my gut instinct. We have however decided to celebrate our honeymoon at the Hard Rock. Happy planning and good luck!!!

I am a Majestic Colonial Bride and we chose it for a few different reasons, one of them being the cost effectiveness for our guests.  I have heard several ppl say the wedding packages are not great but they cover what we want and need so I think it depends on what you are looking for.  My experience with the WC so far has been great, she is always quick to respond so that is a huge plus for me!!!

Best of luck and happy planning!

We decided to stay at the Majestic Elegance as our resort and we are having our ceremony & reception off the resort at the Jellyfish Restaurant, couldn't be any more happier with our decision.. definetly look into your options & do your research :)