Photo

5k budget for 20 ppl

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bkpinkbride

bkpinkbride
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

I need help. Is it even possible to have ceremony and reception in FL for that price? Including photog,cake,music. Maybe even a restaurant .Helppppppp

#2 angel8halo

angel8halo
    • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

What part of Florida are you interested in? Before I finally settled on Key West and my budget, I went budget hunting all over Florida and the best price I came up with was offered at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne, a b&b in Orlando. They have some pricing info on their website . Good luck!

#3 jmastr05

jmastr05
      • 189 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:39 AM

When I was looking up information on creating a wedding budget, I found that 40-50% of the wedding budget typically is spent on the reception (venue, food, beverage, cake). This is the where the largest portion of your budget will be spent. In your case, that would be $2,000 - $2,500.

I'd start by looking for a venue where you will be able to throw the kind of reception that you want for $2,000 - $2,500. Once you are able to nail that down, the rest should fall into place.

Next, I'd recommend to searching for money-savings tips for throwing a weeding. I am a particular fan of Bridal Bargains by Denise and Alan Fields. This book was my wedding Bible!

#4 frazam

frazam
        • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

Yep, the bulk of expenses will go to the reception. I suggest calling up friends or family who owns a large swath of land they can let you use. A huge backyard, or anywhere you can set up. Hire a part-time caterer (a mom who caters part-time for example) and have your bridesmaids and groomsmen do DIY decorations :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users