Photo

US Brides willing to receive packages and ship to Canada

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Thanks to everybody for your willingness to help, kellygrrrl and I have made the first couple of steps in ordering these fans and hopefully all will go well :D

I'm certain that the shipping won't be like $100 even those we're shipping to her and then to me, hehe

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
    ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#12 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
    • 614 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

so far we're only at $11.82 USD... ; ) that covers shipping to me, but I imagine it'll be less than $30 USD to send the fans to CA.

#13 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

OMG this is so great...so happy i found this site maybe now i can find my bubba kegs lol

thanx for this thread

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#14 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
        • 614 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

hey ladies - wanted to report the latest. so the 40 sandalwood fans shipped to me in the US at $11.82 and then cost to Canada (JUST under 4 lbs, which helps greatly with customs forms) was $16.80, for a total shipping cost of $28.62. even after you factor paypal conversion fees (3.9% or under $5 for the whole thing), related costs were a third of what the website was asking. it also helps to put a gift value of <$20 so there are no customs fees (hint, hint ; ).

my suspicion is that many of these sites are using solely FedEx or UPS as their shipping partner, thus making it nearly impossible to send packages at a reasonable rate.

if anyone else needs help, please don't be afraid to ask.

-kelly

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

Okay all you brides that said you would help.. lol

I am a Canadian Bride and used to fall in love with favors on theknot until I found out they do not ship to Canada. They instead referred me to their sister site, American Bridal. Their prices are not as great, but this week the fans I have been eyeing for almost a year now are on sale for $1.40 each, the personalized sandalwood fans. I only need like 40 so I jumped at the opportunity - then my shipping was $86.21 and my duty fees were going to be another $28.75. The fans themselves with my coupon code only came to like $45! Then they want me to drop another hundred bucks to ship them? Eeeeeeeyuck.

The shipping can't be that horrendous for you USA brides, I'm hoping. Anybody willing to help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users