• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 all the love

all the love
  • Site Supporter
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hi ladies,

I've seen offers for this on a few different forums, but thought it might be nice to compile them in one place. So if you live in the US and would be willing to receive a package for a Canadian bride and ship it across the border, please post here so we can contact you! This might help us save on shipping costs, but also allows us access to some of those great sites that just won't ship to Canada.

Thanks!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

What a great idea, there are a few times I could have used this!

Originally Posted by all the love 

Hi ladies,

I've seen offers for this on a few different forums, but thought it might be nice to compile them in one place. So if you live in the US and would be willing to receive a package for a Canadian bride and ship it across the border, please post here so we can contact you! This might help us save on shipping costs, but also allows us access to some of those great sites that just won't ship to Canada.

Thanks!

#3 jamieirene

jamieirene
    • 650 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Wow, Great Idea!!  I would be more than happy to help out any of my BDW brides in Canada! : )

#4 lisa203

lisa203
      • 681 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Great idea! Count me in.

#5 asiamarie1

asiamarie1
        • 239 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

I'd be willing to help out my fellow Canadian Brides!!!!

#6 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
          • 281 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Okay all you brides that said you would help.. lol

I am a Canadian Bride and used to fall in love with favors on theknot until I found out they do not ship to Canada. They instead referred me to their sister site, American Bridal. Their prices are not as great, but this week the fans I have been eyeing for almost a year now are on sale for $1.40 each, the personalized sandalwood fans. I only need like 40 so I jumped at the opportunity - then my shipping was $86.21 and my duty fees were going to be another $28.75. The fans themselves with my coupon code only came to like $45! Then they want me to drop another hundred bucks to ship them? Eeeeeeeyuck.

The shipping can't be that horrendous for you USA brides, I'm hoping. Anybody willing to help?

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
            ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#7 anudrm

anudrm
            • 760 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:42 AM

When are you looking to order? If you are planning for things to arrive after November 17th - I will help you out!

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

I am a Canadian Bride and used to fall in love with favors on theknot until I found out they do not ship to Canada. They instead referred me to their sister site, American Bridal. Their prices are not as great, but this week the fans I have been eyeing for almost a year now are on sale for $1.40 each, the personalized sandalwood fans. I only need like 40 so I jumped at the opportunity - then my shipping was $86.21 and my duty fees were going to be another $28.75. The fans themselves with my coupon code only came to like $45! Then they want me to drop another hundred bucks to ship them? Eeeeeeeyuck.

The shipping can't be that horrendous for you USA brides, I'm hoping. Anybody willing to help?

#8 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
              • 614 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

yes, annie, I'd be happy to help (and for any other CA brides out there). I'm located in Austin, Texas and have already sent a shipment of 18 bubba keg tumblers to Ontario successfully. : ) PMing you my address now.

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

#9 WeddingMay

WeddingMay
                • 208 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

I got my sandalwood fans at

Married! May 13 2012!

#10 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 340 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

I would be happy to help fellow BDW! Send me PM if you need help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users