Who has a good chile relleno and/or Mexican rice recipe?

starchild

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yummy... you are making me sooo hungry this morning!!! I love to cook, and this one is a lower fat version I use:

Lower Fat ChileRelleno Casserole

1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend

1 cup evaporated skim milk

3/4 cup fat free egg substitute or 3 beaten eggs

6 corn tortillas, torn into 2 inch pieces

2 (4 ounce) cans chopped mild green chilies

1/2 cup mild chunky salsa

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

fat free sour cream or light sour cream

Spray a large deep dish pie pan, or a deep square baking pan with Pam.

In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, milk, egg, tortillas, chilies, salsa and salt.

Mix well and pour into pan.

Bake at 375 about 30 minutes until set.

Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro over top and bake another couple of minutes until cheese is melted.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Oooh thanks Paula, that would be awesome! And Tammy I know your pain...I've done a lot of experimenting to no avail. My friend's mom makes the best rice but won't share her secret...I've seen her do something with chiles & spices in a blender before it hits the pot but that's all I know :o(

I don't know the exact recipe but at my parents house they do the chiles rellenos like this:

they fill them with ground meat or a chesse called panela.. then put some flour and then egg and then fry it ...

then they do a red sauce and put it on top.. yummy

and the mexican rice I don't know which one is that but I do rice with knorr tomate and corn and it's delicious

Click the image to open in full size.

Hi girls here is my recipe:

you need to get chile poblano/rellenar is a very dark green long chile , you put in on the top of the stove and let it burn all the outside, you need to be turn it every other minute to avoid overburn... when its all burn by the outside , you put it on a plastic bag and leave it closed for about 10 minutes, with the heat and humidity you can peel it off under the water very easily...

you can stuff it with any kind of cheese panela, monterrey jack but the original ones are with manchego or chihuahua style cheese!!! also you can stuff it with ground meet we calle it picadillo ... to do it you will slices of onion, bell pepper, one garlic clove or ground garlic, pepper.. first you will start placing the ground meet in the skillet with a little bit of oil, you will add the onion, pepper and garlic, also you will dice 2 potatoes and will add those in the meat ...

on the blender you need to place 2 tomatoes, water and 2 spoons of knor tomate ( the botle that Annie showed in her post) and blend... you pour this salsa over the picadillo, you have to put the top on the skillet and leave it on low heat for about 1/2 hour simmering... and will be ready...

You stuff your chile and you make the "capeado" wich is the egg that covers the chile... you will need egg whites very fluffy... you roll the stuffed chile on flour and then pass it through the egg whites and go to a deep quick fry until is golden...

I know it sounds complicated but its really yummy!!! Happy Cooking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mora View Post
Hi girls here is my recipe:

you need to get chile poblano/rellenar is a very dark green long chile , you put in on the top of the stove and let it burn all the outside, you need to be turn it every other minute to avoid overburn... when its all burn by the outside , you put it on a plastic bag and leave it closed for about 10 minutes, with the heat and humidity you can peel it off under the water very easily...

you can stuff it with any kind of cheese panela, monterrey jack but the original ones are with manchego or chihuahua style cheese!!! also you can stuff it with ground meet we calle it picadillo ... to do it you will slices of onion, bell pepper, one garlic clove or ground garlic, pepper.. first you will start placing the ground meet in the skillet with a little bit of oil, you will add the onion, pepper and garlic, also you will dice 2 potatoes and will add those in the meat ...

on the blender you need to place 2 tomatoes, water and 2 spoons of knor tomate ( the botle that Annie showed in her post) and blend... you pour this salsa over the picadillo, you have to put the top on the skillet and leave it on low heat for about 1/2 hour simmering... and will be ready...

You stuff your chile and you make the "capeado" wich is the egg that covers the chile... you will need egg whites very fluffy... you roll the stuffed chile on flour and then pass it through the egg whites and go to a deep quick fry until is golden...

I know it sounds complicated but its really yummy!!! Happy Cooking!
yummy, sounds good!

Mmmmm...my tummy is growling!!! I'm so glad I asked, nice to get everyone's versions. I've had picadillo burritos but never thought to stuff chiles with it...yum! Where I live in L.A. all the stores sell Mexican cheeses and chiles so that's no problem. I'll have to look for that Knorr stuff for my rice too. My tummy and my husband thank all of you ladies :o)