The Nonconformist's Bouquet

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Elias28

Chris Elias28
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

The Nonconformist's Bouquet 

Floral bouquets are gorgeous, timeless, and traditional, but sometimes the occasion and our personality beg for something a little more avant-garde.  Today, there are a myriad of alternatives to the floral bouquet that serve as beautiful and unique options to the traditional.  The first and most recently publicized is the gorgeous broach bouquet, followed by feather, fabric and even paper bouquets that will satisfy that nonconformist in you.  

Country star, Miranda Lambert walked down the aisle toward country star, Blake Shelton carrying a beautiful bouquet made of sparkling, colorful, bejeweled broaches, seen below. 

Miranda's Bouquet.jpg

Miranda’s statement making bouquet is as personal as it is lovely.  According to US Weekly, Miranda asked her wedding shower guest to bring a broach with them to the shower.  She then had the Ritzy Rose combine the broaches into the work of art you see here.  She topped it off by wrapping the stem of the bouquet with her mother’s lace handkerchief.

Can’t afford the Ritzy Rose?  Etsy has a vendor who is selling very similar, Broach Bouquet.jpg

If you are looking for a softer side for your bouquet try a feathered bouquet.  These come in a variety of options from the simple to the dramatic.  These bouquets add texture, volume, and elegant movement as you float with them down the aisle.  Try playing with the idea of a feathered fan in place of a bouquet if you still crave something a bit more out of the norm. 

Feather Bouquet.jpgfan.jpg

Fabric is versatile, flexible, and can be molded to fit any form, any style.  Fabric bouquets can look very expensive, but my favorite is a country-vintage inspired bouquet made of gingham red and white rosettes. 

Gingham bouquet.jpg

Last, but not least, is the delicate and intricate paper bouquet.  These bouquets are no simple task.  They are unique bouquets gently crafted into works of art. 

origami-flower-bridal-bouquet.jpgpaper-flowers-bridal-bouquet 2.jpg

origami-bridal-bouquet-1.jpg

These non-floral options are ideal for the destination-wedding bride.  You will not have to worry about securing a local florist, or about flowers wilting in the heat.  After your day, your bouquet can become a precious keep-sake!

No matter what medium you choose to design your bouquet in, it should be a bouquet as fitting for you as your dress.  Enjoy the options! 

#2 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

I would definitely not call myself a nonconformist, but I made myself a brooch and real touch rose bouquet. It was pricy and time-intensive, but in the end, worth it. I love it!

There's a ton of tutorials out there on all of these types of bouquets for the DIY brides! I spent months doing research before I started making it but the thing is sturdy as a rock now LOL

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#3 anichols8

anichols8
      • 232 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

These are GORGEOUS!

#4 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
        • 260 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

i love this idea, i saw it on etsy and i loved the idea!!!

All because, two people fell in love!

#5 anna524

anna524
          • 155 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

these are so nice! I love the fabric flowers

#6 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
            • 789 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

These are absolutely GORGEOUS! Incredible art - great job!

#7 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
              • 718 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

They're so beautiful. Nice idea huh... I like the second one.

#8 future mrs k

future mrs k
                • Site Supporter
                • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

IMG00145-20110629-1936.jpg

This is the one I made for my big day!  It turned out exactly as I had hoped!

#9 exquisite02

exquisite02
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Future mrs k, Your Bouquet is very beautiful!!!!!!!! I think you should put more pictures up and do a tutorial about how you made it in the diy thread cause i'm sure other bride's will want to know how you made it!!!!!!

Originally Posted by future mrs k 

IMG00145-20110629-1936.jpg

This is the one I made for my big day!  It turned out exactly as I had hoped!

#10 future mrs k

future mrs k
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

I will see if I can upload more pics and do some sort of tutorial....I really winged it with making it lol

Future mrs k, Your Bouquet is very beautiful!!!!!!!! I think you should put more pictures up and do a tutorial about how you made it in the diy thread cause i'm sure other bride's will want to know how you made it!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users