Photo

PLEASE HELP! Trying to plan a wedding at the Melia Caribe Tropical for October 2012 and WC is not much help :(

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Mzguyton

Mzguyton
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Laura is no longer working there. We learned the hard way when we got there a few weeks ago. Try Karem.........asistente.bodas.melia.caribe@meliacaribetropical.com

#12 Julie Christeas

Julie Christeas
    • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at the Melia June 16th, 2012.  My coordinator is Esterlin, and she had been quite responsive until recently, when I need her the most!

Is anyone else getting married this year?  Any pictures of your locations or advice on planning at this resort?  I am having 50 guests and really do want everyone to have a great expereince!

let me know and thanks!

#13 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

they have a facebook page called Romance: Our Wedding and Events.  They have pictures of flowers and venues.   I hope this helps

#14 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
        • 438 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

There is also a group on Facabook group called Melia Caribe tropical Brides, with tons of pictures and reviews

#15 Pika

Pika
          • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hello

I am planning on a wedding there April 16th 2012.

It is sooo hard to get answers from them.

Would anyone mind if I could get their msn or email adresse

in order to correspond,  .. just to chat about it.

Let me know

My email is:  pika233@live.ca

Carole

#16 Gary042012

Gary042012
            • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

I was married at the Melia on 4/20/12. I had the same issues with the wedding coordinator taking sometimes weeks to respond which really freaked me out. Evelyn was our coordinator and sometimes she was very quick and other days it took sometime. I can say, a couple of weeks before the wedding, things were more constant. She did an excellent job on everything. All of our guest were upgraded to Royal Service for free. Everything was absolutely beautiful, organized and punctual. The photographers they provided were also wonderful.

They have several pages on facebook for you to browse through (1) Romance: Our Wedding and events (2) Melia Caribe Tropical (3) ArrecifeStudio Melia Caribe (4) Caribbean Celebrations.

We have 52 guests and everything was perfect. Our ceremony was held at the gazebo and our reception was indoor. It helps if you are very organized and detailed for your coordinator. It makes things much easier. I had a detailed list for everything.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

#17 Julie Christeas

Julie Christeas
              • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Thanks everyone so much.  it was truly an amazing experience!

#18 missKLR

missKLR
                • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Congratulations on your wedding!

You were all upgraded for free? I'm thinking of upgrading through our agent before we go...but its very expensive. I was hoping the upgrade cost would be off set by the free wedding

#19 Mzguyton

Mzguyton
                  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Well my husband and I and only 3 other couples out of the 52 had paid for the royal service upfront thru our travel agent. However when all our other guests arrived they upgraded all of them to Royal Service at no cost. We were surprised. Only 4 people were not upgraded and we think it was because they hadn't booked thru Apple Vacations. They were with GoGo. They even upgraded some of them to the villas and one bedroom suites instead of the regular rooms. It was very nice.

#20 missKLR

missKLR
                    • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Wow that's incredible!! Well I'm going to upgrade before just in case but that would be wonderful if they upgraded our guests! I've heard apple vacations have good perks... We are through transat : (

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users