Resorts with low costs for guests

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 virgo

virgo
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hi everyone,

I just joined the site (engaged last Friday) and my Fiance and I are hoping for a destination wedding in July 2012. We would liek the keep the cost low for our guests but we would still like a beautiful resort.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

#2 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Congrats & welcome! This site is great and has so much info. I would suggest you use the search bar at the top with specific resorts you are looking at. There are tons!

Happy planning!

#3 anichols8

anichols8
      • 232 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

If you haven't thought about it, call a TA who specializes in destination weddings (there are great reviews on this site about TAs and the host is one) and tell them your price range and areas you are interested in.  They will be able to point you in a good direction.  Congrats and happy planning!

#4 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
        • Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

One thing to consider that may help you narow down a destination (prior to picking the actual resort) is to check the flight prices to all of the different locations from your local airport.  If you are lucky enough to live near a major hub then it won't be much of a concern.  But for me, flights to Mexico were considerably cheaper than flights to any of the Caribbean islands (and Hawaii wasn't even a consideration!!).

Originally Posted by virgo 

Hi everyone,

I just joined the site (engaged last Friday) and my Fiance and I are hoping for a destination wedding in July 2012. We would liek the keep the cost low for our guests but we would still like a beautiful resort.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users