Photo

Share your favorite sunscreen/sunblock!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Evgal

Evgal
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

There are so many choices, it so hard to figure out what works and what doesn't. What do you use for your face and body? What do you recommend for the oily prone?

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin on my face.  I find that if I use nomral sunscreen on my face I turn into a pimpled, oily mess.  I use neutrogena daily lotion healthy defense instead.  You can get it with spf of 30 or 45, I usually use just the 30. I find that its light and my skin absorbs it quickly, therefore, leaving less oil!!  As to the body I usually use what ever is on sale and cheapest! 

#3 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

i too have very sensitive skin, and i find that the baby sunscreen that i use on my 10 month old son works the best for me, and walmart has it in the baby section in travel size bottles.

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#4 merrylee

merrylee
      • 687 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

i have extremely dry skin so I use a clinique moisturizer with spf 45 for my face and my body is usually a spray since I feel it applies easier and with less grease

#5 bittersweetD1

bittersweetD1
        • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

I use neutorgena untra sheer body mist has an advance sunscreen that covers almost all UVA/UVB rays and it comes in high spf formulas.  The mist is super fine and it feel like NOTHING once its on.  Non greasy - absolutely gorgeous.

I break out on my face from chemical sunscreens so I use the Josie Maran Protect Spf 40 facial sunscreen.  It is amazing for my combo skin as a moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup primer.  And only contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as thier sunscreen ingredients...which are advanced ingredients in terms of sun protection and also natural minerals.  It is non greasy and does not leave any white cast at all.

#6 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
          • 396 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

look for sunscreens that have zinc oxide in them, they are the best for you, my dermo reccomends blue lizard, i have been using it on my face for a few years now and love it...

http://www.crownlabo...lizard/why.html

#7 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

Where do you buy these products?

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

look for sunscreens that have zinc oxide in them, they are the best for you, my dermo reccomends blue lizard, i have been using it on my face for a few years now and love it...

http://www.crownlabo...lizard/why.html

#8 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
            • 396 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

I bought it at the pharmacy here in NJ, i think Rite Aid, and i just bought a Coppertone 50 with Zinc Oxide in it at Rite Aid the other day since i have been jogging by the ocean every morning and i am getting WAY to tan...and wanted higher coverage. I wont put the coppertone on my fave, so i use that on body and Blue Lizard on face. I you dont have Rite Aid, try a health food store, they always have the natural products that are chemical free :)

#9 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

I will have to see if I can find Blue Lizard in Canada anywhere!

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

I bought it at the pharmacy here in NJ, i think Rite Aid, and i just bought a Coppertone 50 with Zinc Oxide in it at Rite Aid the other day since i have been jogging by the ocean every morning and i am getting WAY to tan...and wanted higher coverage. I wont put the coppertone on my fave, so i use that on body and Blue Lizard on face. I you dont have Rite Aid, try a health food store, they always have the natural products that are chemical free :)

#10 Pucca

Pucca
              • 485 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

I also like Aveeno Sunscreen for my body and sometimes my face depending upon where I'm going. Shiseido has a nice and light sunscreen for face. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users