Hi ladies! We're getting married July 2012 at Beach Palace. I was also looking at Playacar or Isla Mujeres, but a good friend of mine in the travel biz has been to all of them, and she said Beach Palace hands down! I'm wondering if anyone got the information about the new Collin Cowie  Wedding Collections? They are gorgeous! I'm hoping we will be on the Sky Terrace for the ceremony.

We haven't decided on the reception/cocktail stuff yet b/c we don't know how many people are going. And I really don't feel like thinking about it right now. We're going to have a big party back at home so I don't think we'll be getting a dj or anything like that.

You CAN use outside photography vendors at Palace resorts. They just have to be a guest of the hotel. My photog included the lodging in my quote.

I'm booking Phoebe Landa (www.phoebelanda.com) and she's out of Mexico City. She is phenomenal! I got an incredible deal...8 hours of photography, 250 prints, 8 enlargements, and my CD + travel and lodging for $2200. She doesn't have a huge presence on this forum, which I think is a shame b/c she can put some of these Riviera Maya photogs a run for their money.

Love this site!! Happy planning ladies!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola ChristieandTy!

Thank you, yes we have an space for that date yet please just contact us by e-mail!

Originally Posted by ChristieandTy View Post

Hi Ivan! I am very interested in booking you for our wedding Feb. 19th at the Beach Palace.  Do you have any availablity?

Congratulations!  Remember that down here you also have the amazing opportunity to capture some unique and breath-taking moments in a Trash-the-Dress session!!  The Cenotes are fresh water cavern systems unique to this area and offer out of this world photo opportunities.  You can check out THE WEBSITE for more ideas but here is a little something to wet your taste buds!

Cenote TTD in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Cenote trash-the-dress fresh water in riviera maya, Mexico.

Happy Planning!

I verified with Yesenia from the miami office that it would be ok to book Doremixx and she gave me no problems at all. Now i'm just waiting for a reply with the contract to put my deposit down! She also approved my use of La Luna instead of the resort photographer. All I'm paying extra is for each of the vendors' day passes. I would suggest contacting miami to get permission rather than the direct resort wc. That seems to be where brides get "no's" from the most.

Originally Posted by ChristieandTy View Post

Hi Ivan! I am very interested in booking you for our wedding Feb. 19th at the Beach Palace.  Do you have any availablity?

• 1 month later...

Ladies,

Quick question... I spoke to my WC this am, and asked about the possibility of bringing decorations to have set up on the tables.  I read that many of you have brought or are planning to bring your own reception decorations.  I was told that if I bring things to decorate that they will charge me a fee of $200 per table to set things up.  Was this a charge you had to deal with or was there a way around it?  Please let me know.  Of course I'm looking to save money if possible.  

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi J-me, thanks for the helpful information. if you dont mind me asking.. you said you did 4 site visits? can you tell me what the other 2 were? I just starting doing some research on the palace resorts. at this point i'm confused on which resort i prefer, theres so  many of them in mexico. 

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

If time and finances allow, I suggest doing a site visit! We made a quick weekend trip out of it and was able to tour four resorts - including two Palace (Playacar and Aventura). While I can't offer advice on the other Palace resorts, I can tell you both I went to were great! Playacar is airy, beautiful, and right on the beach - the downside was it seemed very crowded and we wanted our ceremony a bit more private. Plus, their reception space was a bit limited (but I'm picky and wanted an outside reception). Aventura was gorgeous - more so than the pics do justice - the downside is no 'beach' but they have a great lagoon for snorkeling and it still sits right on the ocean. Plus, they offer complimentary shuttle rides to Playacar so you can still enjoy the beach 15 minutes away! We went with Aventura mainly because we liked the rooms, the venue space, and the overall 'Mexican' vibe the resort has. If you aren't able to make a site trip, utilize the reviews on this site, tripadvisor, etc.

Feel free to PM me with any questions - good luck with your planning! It's definitely a tough decision, but I'm sure you'll love wherever you choose :)

There are SO many - it's hard not to be overwhelmed! The other two (aside from Aventura and Playacar) we visited were Azul Sensatori and Grand Velas. Azul was nice, but didn't 'wow' me like I was hoping (though it had a LOT of great amenities for kids, so if you have a lot of children in your group, definitely take a look at it - we only have one coming to ours, so the other resorts were a better fit). Grand Velas was MIND-BLOWINGLY beautiful!! Seriously...this five star resort's entrance was so grand, the grounds were amazing, and the food was great (we had lunch during our site). The only reason we didn't have our wedding there is it's the priciest of the four, and I wanted a more reasonable price point for our guests. BUT....we ARE honeymooning there! cheesy.gif

Let me know if you have any specific questions on any of the four resorts and/or if any of us can help you decide! I know it's tough but you'll narrow it down to the right one for you!

Originally Posted by chrisdior View Post

Hi J-me, thanks for the helpful information. if you dont mind me asking.. you said you did 4 site visits? can you tell me what the other 2 were? I just starting doing some research on the palace resorts. at this point i'm confused on which resort i prefer, theres so  many of them in mexico. 

Random question - any suggestions on fondant vs. chantilly cake at the reception? I prefer the taste of chantilly, but am wondering if fondant might hold up better during the outdoor reception...? Would appreciate any suggestions!