Jump to content

Photo

Palace Resort Brides


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 tdavis

tdavis
  • Newbie
  • 33 posts

    Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

    Congrats to all you future and past brides! This time is such an exciting time in our lives.

     

    We're getting married at Sun Place Resort on 01/15/12, which will be our four year anniversary. We're so excited!

     

    I have a few questions for some of the past brides... Did any of you use the hair stylist at the resorts? Are they really good? I'm thinking of doing a side ponytail with lots of curls. And have it slightly pushed up so my hair doesn't look flat and add a flower in my hair. I'm nervous because I have never wore my hair like this before and I can't find a good picture that shows exactly what I'm hoping my hair will look like. Just curious how good their stylist really are...?

     

    Next question, Photography! The most important part of wedding planning. I was going to just trust the resort photographers because I've heard they are good. But then I have heard from some brides that it's not worth the price. And they do charge a lot! It's around $1500 for only 150 photos. I have been doing a little research and have come across Juan Navarro. Has anyone used him? I have read great reviews on him and he is rated #5 on this website. He charged $1100 for 350 photos. So far I have been really impressed with him. He responds to my emails within 24 hours and is very detailed with anyswering my questions. His work also looks amazing and he seems to be very creative. Just curious what some of you other Palace Resort brides plan to do. I know Palace Resorts used to not allow outside wedding photographers but have recently changed their rules. I think they now charge $88 fee for a day pass. Which still seems to be worth it.

     

    Okay, on to the outfits. I can't figure out what would be best for my fiance to wear to our ceremony. I have seen white linens and ivory suits. My dress is an off white color. I thought an ivory suit would look good but some people said not to have him wear a suit on the beach. And then what about shoes? I'm not big on mens feet. LOL! I've seen some barefoot and some with shoes. What do yall think looks best?

     

    Now for our parents. We're doing a small wedding with just our moms. And my step-dad is going to marry us. If we're wearing off white and our wedding theme is blue. What colors should our moms wear for pictures? At first I thought off white too but then we wouldn't stand out as much. I considered a dress with blue in it to match our theme but it's hard to match blue. I might be thinking too much but just was curious on others peoples thoughts...

     

    I know this was a long post. But I have a lot of questions and would love to get some advice and opinions. Thanks for your time. Good luck on your wedding planning. Or congrats if you're already married.



    #2 tscally

    tscally
    • Newbie
    • 1 posts

      Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

      Are you having a reception when you get home?  If so, you'd be amazed at how many photographers are willing to go to Mexico to shoot a destination wedding.  I was freaking out because photography is by far the most important part of the wedding for me, and Palace only lets you use the Palace photographers (I've seen their work - not impressive) or Sol Photography.  Sol was way too expensive for me.

       

      I asked around and almost every photographer I asked was willing to do the Mexico wedding for free, if I hired them for the reception. 

       

      I'm taking my photographer with and I get her for 3 days! 



      #3 IvanG

      IvanG
      • Vendor
      • 967 posts

        Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

        Hola Girls I just want to share some pics from Cancun Beach Palace Hotel during our last wedding there.

         

        DSC_0209.jpg

         

        DSC_0210.jpg

         

        DSC_0234.jpg

         

        DSC_0254.jpg

         

        DSC_0219.jpg

         

        DSC_0207.jpg

         

        DSC_0270.jpg

         

        DSC_0266.jpg

         

        Best,



        #4 kristynl

        kristynl
        • Newbie
        • 5 posts

          Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

          Hi everyone,
          I am getting married at PP on Nov 22nd 2011. I have some questions surrounding what I should consider. We will get our on site co-ordinator next month and im sure a lot of questions will be answered then...but in the mean time I am wondering

           

          1) Should we be getting a DJ- or will music be provided (for both the ceremony/reception)

          2) Should we get a photographer?

          3) Do we need to order bouquets for the bridemaids or are they provided?

          4) We have 45 people coming  - will we have to pay extra for chairs? (the site says they accomodate up to 40)

           

          I think that is all for now...any advice or answers would be greatly appreciated!!

          Kristyn



          #5 tdavis

          tdavis
          • Newbie
          • 33 posts

            Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

            I am doing a reception when we get home but haven't yet thought about photographer for it yet. I would love it but we're on a budget, so I might get a friend to just help me. That sounds like an awesome deal though. I thought about taking a photographer from home but it seemed more expensive that way. I would have to pay for the flight, room and their photography rates. So I just researched for a local photographer. Juan Navarro seems amazing. Plus he is familiar with the location, good shots on the beach, etc. What you have planned sounds like a sweet deal. Good luck with everything!

             

            Originally Posted by tscally 

            Are you having a reception when you get home?  If so, you'd be amazed at how many photographers are willing to go to Mexico to shoot a destination wedding.  I was freaking out because photography is by far the most important part of the wedding for me, and Palace only lets you use the Palace photographers (I've seen their work - not impressive) or Sol Photography.  Sol was way too expensive for me.

             

            I asked around and almost every photographer I asked was willing to do the Mexico wedding for free, if I hired them for the reception. 

             

            I'm taking my photographer with and I get her for 3 days! 



             



            #6 alysam4785

            alysam4785
            • Jr. Member
            • 176 posts

              Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:30 PM


              Hey kristynl,

               

              1) You should definitely consider getting a dj or and IPOD package because the music for the reception is not provided. Also you can bring a CD for your ceremony music and they will play it for you. One thing to consider with the IPOD package is that no one will MC for you. ( i'm personally using DJ Doremixx)

              2) you can either get a photographer or use the resort...it depends on how important photos are to you

              3) You need to order bouquets, you can get them from the resort but they are VERY expensive. Also alot of brides chose to order/ make silk or real touch bouquets so they don't wilt in the heat and that you can keep them when you go home.

              4) Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure they will provide all the chairs with no problem.

               

               

               

              Originally Posted by kristynl 

              Hi everyone,
              I am getting married at PP on Nov 22nd 2011. I have some questions surrounding what I should consider. We will get our on site co-ordinator next month and im sure a lot of questions will be answered then...but in the mean time I am wondering

               

              1) Should we be getting a DJ- or will music be provided (for both the ceremony/reception)

              2) Should we get a photographer?

              3) Do we need to order bouquets for the bridemaids or are they provided?

              4) We have 45 people coming  - will we have to pay extra for chairs? (the site says they accomodate up to 40)

               

              I think that is all for now...any advice or answers would be greatly appreciated!!

              Kristyn



               



              #7 tdavis

              tdavis
              • Newbie
              • 33 posts

                Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

                1) Great suggestion for ceremony music. I didn't even think about any music since we're getting married on the beach. Can you hear it? Do people ususally have music played on the beach for their ceremony?

                2) I think the resort charges too much for their photos. I don't think you get what you pay for. I'm not taking a chance on it. I plan to hire an outside photographer & pay the $88 resort fee. I'm currently looking at Juan Navarro.

                3) I was told by my wedding coordinator that bouquets are included. The one I'm planning on using is under the complimentary package even though I purchased the Sapphire Collection. It's of white lillies and roses with a ribbon to match our setup. It's beautiful and it's free!

                4) I was also told by my wedding coordinator that chairs and decorations are included. I've seen photos of a complimentary package with a beautiful setup with chairs also. So far I've heard they do an amazing job with their weddings!
                 

                Originally Posted by alysam4785 


                Hey kristynl,

                 

                1) You should definitely consider getting a dj or and IPOD package because the music for the reception is not provided. Also you can bring a CD for your ceremony music and they will play it for you. One thing to consider with the IPOD package is that no one will MC for you. ( i'm personally using DJ Doremixx)

                2) you can either get a photographer or use the resort...it depends on how important photos are to you

                3) You need to order bouquets, you can get them from the resort but they are VERY expensive. Also alot of brides chose to order/ make silk or real touch bouquets so they don't wilt in the heat and that you can keep them when you go home.

                4) Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure they will provide all the chairs with no problem.

                 

                 

                 



                 



                 



                #8 tdavis

                tdavis
                • Newbie
                • 33 posts

                  Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

                  Do you have any photos of the wedding ceremony? I would love to see them. Thank you for sharing!

                   

                  Originally Posted by IvanG 

                  Hola Girls I just want to share some pics from Cancun Beach Palace Hotel during our last wedding there.

                   

                  DSC_0209.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0210.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0234.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0254.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0219.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0207.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0270.jpg

                   

                  DSC_0266.jpg

                   

                  Best,



                   



                  #9 IvanG

                  IvanG
                  • Vendor
                  • 967 posts

                    Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

                    I donĀ“t have any photo but here is the link from the photograper you can see them there:

                     

                    http://www.photosinc...dding-packages/

                     

                    Best,



                    #10 kristynl

                    kristynl
                    • Newbie
                    • 5 posts

                      Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

                      Thanks for the advice. This site is making my anxiety so much less worse!!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users