Photo

Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#61 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hey everyone! Seeing as I was the thread starter, I thought I would report back! We DID just use these at our wedding in Cabo on Wednesday. The lanterns are HUGE! My coordinator had two resort staff + herself unwrapping the lanterns on the beach to hand out to my 35 guests. They had 4 kerosene cans lit in the sand to light them fast and easily. I think almost all but maybe 1-2 went up in the air and they were AMAZING! My photographer took 100+ photos, but my wedding was just past Wednesday (I am still in Mexico!) so we won't see pics for a while. The next morning the whole buzz from the guests and the entire resort was over these lanterns!!! DO it!!!

#62 Manda123

Manda123
    • 380 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

Amazing! I am so happy it all worked out for you! Can't wait to see your pics :)

Originally Posted by proti007 

Hey everyone! Seeing as I was the thread starter, I thought I would report back! We DID just use these at our wedding in Cabo on Wednesday. The lanterns are HUGE! My coordinator had two resort staff + herself unwrapping the lanterns on the beach to hand out to my 35 guests. They had 4 kerosene cans lit in the sand to light them fast and easily. I think almost all but maybe 1-2 went up in the air and they were AMAZING! My photographer took 100+ photos, but my wedding was just past Wednesday (I am still in Mexico!) so we won't see pics for a while. The next morning the whole buzz from the guests and the entire resort was over these lanterns!!! DO it!!!

#63 luvmoo

luvmoo
      • 503 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

I am so glad to hear it was a big hit!!! We bought ours a few months ago, and we can't wait to use them for our wedding in February!!! :)

#64 Danz

Danz
        • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:57 AM

So happy to hear these were everything you thought they would be! I can't wait to have these on our day! And good idea with the kerosene cans to help light them all faster! I will definately mention that to my WC. I am so excited for our pictures! :)

#65 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

LOVE THESE!!!! Thanks :)

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Ok,how about:
            As we say I do, in paradise,
            Send us your wish, your love and advice

Or

As we have said I do in paradise,
            Send up your wishes, sweet thoughts and advice

:)

Did the majestic wedding coordinator confirm they were ok with using these?  I was told by a few other brides that the majestic wont let you use them but I am so in love with these!!!

Originally Posted by Danz 

So happy to hear these were everything you thought they would be! I can't wait to have these on our day! And good idea with the kerosene cans to help light them all faster! I will definately mention that to my WC. I am so excited for our pictures! :)

#66 Danz

Danz
            • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

We are actually having our ceremony and reception off of the resort. So hopefully the restaurant will allow us to light them off! I need to check with them, thanks for reminding me! :)

I am also in love with these! I sure hope they have no problem with them! They would make for amazing pictures!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

LOVE THESE!!!! Thanks :)

Did the majestic wedding coordinator confirm they were ok with using these?  I was told by a few other brides that the majestic wont let you use them but I am so in love with these!!!

#67 JBean

JBean
              • 429 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

I just bought 20 wire-free lanterns from Ebay seller Sourcing4U for $64 including shipping! 

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
                Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
                Bride & Groom + 29

#68 82turtles

82turtles
                • 297 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for sharing that eBay seller's name! I did some more research on it, and having wire-free ones might make the resort more likely to let us have them. Still need to check to be sure (fingers crossed!)

Originally Posted by JBean 

I just bought 20 wire-free lanterns from Ebay seller Sourcing4U for $64 including shipping! 

#69 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

k so here is mu dumb Q lol are these big? lol they look huge!!! does anyone know sizes lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#70 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

There's a variety of sizes you can get.  Check them out online and you'll get a better idea of dimensions.  

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

k so here is mu dumb Q lol are these big? lol they look huge!!! does anyone know sizes lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users